Changing rear beam/ Steering wheel problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing rear beam/ Steering wheel problem
Friend has a 95 phase 1 which failed MOT due to a goosed shock but when I looked at it I noticed that both sides are cambered so obviously the axle has had its day, what I want to know is would I be fit to bit a beam from a hdi which has disks into his as his has drums?

EDIT:

Another failure item one his list was the steering wheel was fit to be rocked up and down, hard to explain but if you grab the top of it and pull up and down the wheel rocks up and down, the MOT man said something about a bush or something needed replaced but its something ive never heard of before or seen any one shed any light on the matter?
Thanks given by:
Discs are fine to be fitted just need to swap handbrake cables as well. Smile also if it has abs just cut the connections off. It doesnt change them beam at all.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
ph1 may well have the brake comp, the disc beam probably doesnt, make sure you swap that onto the disc beam!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Steering column bushes/bearings wear over time, that's probably your wheel issue, low mileage column is probably the easiest fix.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,275 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,383 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  rear wheel arch Quietone 4 2,526 16-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: welshpug