Jimbo's 51' white HDI estate ROLLING ROAD RESULT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimbo's 51' white HDI estate ROLLING ROAD RESULT
Do like the console. Wanna do mine Wink
Clones are awesome. Dont see why people hate em. I.love them
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Can sort out dipping for people if they are willing to pay the postage. Pm me if interested

Yeah clones are ok, keeps it nice and oem. I did refurb them too because its hard to come accross mint cyclones cheap. Still have the tsw wheels too though
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Centre console is a win mate. But different from the norm.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Personally liked the stealths more but still looks great

Hydro dipping looks epic aswell Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeah i liked the stealths too, and i have still got them. But at the time it was too low and the offset/width was too much

Now its raised again i may see about refitting them
Thanks given by:
Looks 10x better on clones much cleaner look Smile though if it were me id be after some bbs rs reps, so many about for sale at good money would set it off imo
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that centre console is awesome. Not my taste but looks good. Can he do bits for us too? Wink
Thanks given by:
Yes srowell he can do bits for others, if you look on ebay at hydrographic films, he can do/get any patterns.
Personally i like the light carbon print as its quite oem looking.

Cheers RD070707 im a fan of the bbs reps but im not sure how they would suit this. And most are quite wide so require arch work which im not overly keen on. You need to run quite low to pull that look off
Thanks given by:
Coming on well tbh! The hydro-dipping effect is cool, though wouldn't my choice of pattern tbf, always wanted engine covers and stuff dipped but still too expensive atm.

I also prefer the cyclones on it lol.
Thanks given by:
You can get 15x7 all round or even staggered 15x7+8. With the right offset i dont think they would catch at that height at all
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Few pics to keep the thread alive..

Only real update is new wheels again. Had some ariannes on here now some Td pro race 3s
Bit of a racestate now Wink

[Image: DSC_0695.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0694.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0693.jpg]

And one next to the old kingfisher 

[Image: IMG-20150307-WA0006.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I actually really like it on those wheels!!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cheers jamie, one thing i found with these even though there only 15s they have really good brake clearance, no where near as tight as cyclones. They are 7X15 ET15 so fill the arches well
Thanks given by:
What are they like weight wise??

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Well they are supposed to be really light. Considerably lighter than clones that for sure. I haven't weighed them as its not beneficial to me having an estate anyway haha

Think i read they are a touch heavier than pro race 1.2s but slightly stronger due to the bigger spokes
Thanks given by:
Wheels look spot on Jimbo Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Looks smart and very clean, thought about painting the roof black? Would match the new rims an awful lot.
Thanks given by:
Love it, exactly how I'd do it if it were mine!
Thanks given by:
I want one of these Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 03:26 AM)Spoonaltap Wrote: Looks smart and very clean, thought about painting the roof black? Would match the new rims an awful lot.

Hi mate, cant say i have had that thought tbh, i personally don't think it will look great,
Thanks for the kind words though pal

(10-03-2015, 07:55 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love it, exactly how I'd do it if it were mine!

Cheers mate, glad you like it ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 07:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 03:26 AM)Spoonaltap Wrote: Looks smart and very clean, thought about painting the roof black? Would match the new rims an awful lot.

Hi mate, cant say i have had that thought tbh, i personally don't think it will look great,
Thanks for the kind words though pal

(10-03-2015, 07:55 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love it, exactly how I'd do it if it were mine!

Cheers mate, glad you like it ThumbsUp

How low is that on the front? That's how I'd like mine, enough to close the gap but not too much it looks stupid, perfect! Looks so good
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
60mm springs on shorter gmax struts, it drives really well considering its quite low.

It was slightly higher on the standard shocks with these springs but not alot
Thanks given by:
What sort of bung did you use when you dewipered the boot? Thinking of doing mine now I've fitted poppers to open the bootlid slightly instead of pulling on the wiper arm. Pretty sure the motor is dying now anyway, so might as well get rid of it! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This looks so nice, really clean.

Also love the wheels, suit it well!
I want some -.-
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome tbf, always thought they looked better blacked out all round with a bit more character than the 3 or 5 door. Are the roof bars a functioning thing, maybe taking those off and black roof like mentioned above would be a good look? Very monochromatic Wink

best engine too Big Grin

Also, I'm sure iv heard of hydro dipping on headlight masks...?
Thanks given by:
Damn those wheels are hot
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The cars looking good. Smile
Thanks given by:
Does make me miss my pro race 3s, to be fair!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Right then, due a long overdue update,  car is now officially "stage 2" and has been about a month or so.
Much thanks too frosty for the help we had a busy day ahead and couldn't have done it all alone in one day.
Basically turned up at frostys as he had a ramp to use, read the current stage 1 map off and sent it off to steve at hdi tuning who swiftly sent.back two maps one full torque one limited, both with egr delete.
Next we pulled the engine and fitted

A new genuine cambelt kit
Water pump
Valeo clutch 
Egr delete plates and binned off the egr cooler
Changed the turbo
Fitted 406 elbow etc
Cleaned out the inlet manifold 
Fitted a full 2 1/4 inch stainless exhaust

And pipe up and intercooler from scratch

So yeah we had a busy day ahead and despite both getting very stressed we cracked on

PICS LOADING 

[Image: DSC_0703.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20150327-WA0002.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0704.jpg]

Me looking confused Wink
[Image: IMG-20150327-WA0001.jpg]

New wheels also

[Image: DSC_0738.jpg]

And how the fmic looks

[Image: DSC_0736.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I'm not the only person who's been getting triple posts when posting
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,299 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
Wink Dirty white estate camoturd 10 2,017 29-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Last Post: camoturd
Star JIMBOS ph3 xud Rolling road results Jimbo 178 27,785 22-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Jimbo