New project........ sorn question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New project........ sorn question?
So been toying with the idea of something to have a bit of fun in and thrash round a track, so had a look at a few cars decided it's gonna get expensive and probably best to save. Anyway this car has been sat out side the Chinese for a while since the owner got banned from driving some one else's car with out insurance and with out a licence (before he passed his test) yer he past his test then got banned about 2 week later lol. So I asked them what they doing with it they said there gonna sell it to we buy any car for £50 so nothing to lose it'll scrap for more than that I said I'll have it, come to pay for it and them being as nice as they are said I can have it for nothing! So its now sat on my drive.

Anyway couple of pics

[Image: DSC_1348_zpse5xyrq1d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1347_zpshm4y9d9g.jpg]

So it's only a 1.3 a massive 85'ish bhp not bad for a 1.3 I'd say, plan is to get it on track have some fun then if I fall in love with it convert it to the 1.3 turbo engine out of the startlet (4etfe) but that will be long term if I keep it.

Anyway so I wanting to ask do any of you guys know of any Toyota fourms that I could join up to?

Any one ever had a Toyota like this anything worth doing to give it an extra kick (not like there's much to be had)

Also who does track days what costs am I to expect from them?

Comments and advice welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Sell the ZX tbh..
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 08:53 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Sell the ZX tbh..

Carnt zx only worth £250 Apprently lol Wink

Thanks given by:
I'm on the Toyota owners club with my auris mate. Not sure what the activity is like for the corollas but it's fairly quiet for the auris's. That said whilst there is no banter or projects the guys on there are helpful with questions. Just be mindful toyota hatchbacks (starlet glanza excluded) are all driven by boring farts like me who will pounce on someone who rocks up on a forum and who's first post is "here how do I make my 1.3 beat a Porsche" same as we do here every time a chav turns up wanting to turbo his 1.4 base spec.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Don't the glanza boys use the Corrolla A series engine when they're hunting more power?

The bottom end of the 1.5 or something rings a bell.. Let me have a ponder..

Edit:

The bottom end is stronger on the 1.5 corrolla block, some people use the whole 1.5 lump, there similar engines.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 09:21 AM)Orta Wrote: I'm on the Toyota owners club with my auris mate. Not sure what the activity is like for the corollas but it's fairly quiet for the auris's. That said whilst there is no banter or projects the guys on there are helpful with questions. Just be mindful toyota hatchbacks (starlet glanza excluded) are all driven by boring farts like me who will pounce on someone who rocks up on a forum and who's first post is "here how do I make my 1.3 beat a Porsche" same as we do here every time a chav turns up wanting to turbo his 1.4 base spec.

Ha ha I'll have to have a search, all tho my searches haven't brought up much so far, what I have worked out is doesn't seem to be a big modifying market for the corolla unless I'm typing in the wrong things, I need a brake upgrade really but no idea were to start with that!

(27-10-2014, 09:47 AM)silverzx Wrote: Don't the glanza boys use the Corrolla A series engine when they're hunting more power?

The bottom end of the 1.5 or something rings a bell.. Let me have a ponder..

Edit:

The bottom end is stronger on the 1.5 corrolla block, some people use the whole 1.5 lump, there similar engines.

I have seen/ read about the 1.5 but I'm still learning/researching at min, it seems hard to find information on these probably because not many people modified them.

Thanks given by:
Yeah nothing for most toyotas beyond the awesome early 90s coupes (celica, supra, mr2 etc). Try maybe bolting on some brakes from those?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 11:27 AM)Orta Wrote: Yeah nothing for most toyotas beyond the awesome early 90s coupes (celica, supra, mr2 etc). Try maybe bolting on some brakes from those?

Yer could be worth a try need new brakes so I can mot it but seems daft buying new pads and discs when I want to upgrade so I'm not burning them out on track.

Got another question for you guys, trying to siren the car but it asks for the log book reference number what I haven't got cos it's been sent off so do I wait till it comes to sorn it? Or is there another way round it don't wanna get a fine

Thanks given by:
Can't you use the ref from the new keeper slip?
Thanks given by:
nope, just wait for the v5c to turn up.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Can u sorn by post without the v5. I've done it before. But you'll need new keeper bit!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 12:48 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Can't you use the ref from the new keeper slip?

(27-10-2014, 01:42 PM)Orta Wrote: Can u sorn by post without the v5. I've done it before. But you'll need new keeper bit!

I've got the new keeper bit but it asks for the code off the front of the log book and that code isn't on the new keeper slip.

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 03:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(27-10-2014, 12:48 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Can't you use the ref from the new keeper slip?

(27-10-2014, 01:42 PM)Orta Wrote: Can u sorn by post without the v5. I've done it before. But you'll need new keeper bit!

I've got the new keeper bit but it asks for the code off the front of the log book and that code isn't on the new keeper slip.
The code is. Its just got two digits extra. First or last ones. Look at any logbook. The refrence number is identical to the new keeper slip. Just has a couple of digits added. I know this as Ive had to reprint mot certificates at work with just new keeper slip Smile hope it helps Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 03:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(27-10-2014, 03:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

The code is. Its just got two digits extra. First or last ones. Look at any logbook. The refrence number is identical to the new keeper slip. Just has a couple of digits added. I know this as Ive had to reprint mot certificates at work with just new keeper slip Smile hope it helps Wink

I'll check that but I'll have to guess what digits I need to take off

Thanks given by:
Just take the plates off it for the 'mo. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 03:48 PM)silverzx Wrote: Just take the plates off it for the 'mo. Smile

It's off road on my drive anyway till I sort mot out, ill look at reference number on new keepers slip, but I bet sorn will go to previous owner any way.

Thanks given by:
I'm not sure removing the plates fools the DVLA computer? lol

I'm sure I've sorn'd without the full V5 before but can't remember now. Confused
Thanks given by:
its pointless till its in your name anyway!!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 09:00 PM)welshpug Wrote: its pointless till its in your name anyway!!

I did think this but I didn't wana get the log book the a fine after for not sorning it right away, or am I being daft and they give you time to sort it.

But that said you have to tax your car at the side of the road when you buy a new one so you can drive it home and it wouldn't be in your name on there system when you've just bought it, so surely same applies for sorn you need to do it straight after purchase of the car?

Thanks given by:
Hi,

When you acquire a new car, you must either tax it, or SORN it, ASAP.

If your insurance expires, you must either re-insure, or ask for a VED refund, and SORN ... or pay the penalty. £100? There will no longer be a tax disc to return.

Also,

When your photocard licence is ten years old (date is on photocard) you must either Renew it. £££ (but free if you are over 70), even if you intend never to drive again, or
Surrender it, thus no longer having a licence,
or
Pay the fine. £80? £100?

In all of the above

Thanks given by:
I think this is fairly clear tbh: https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification. Must be sorned immediately on purchase.

As JJ says, use the reference on your new keeper slip, 12-digit number split 5-3-4, take off the first number and you've got your document reference number.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 06:47 AM)w3526602 Wrote: Hi,

When you acquire a new car, you must either tax it, or SORN it, ASAP.

If your insurance expires, you must either re-insure, or ask for a VED refund, and SORN ... or pay the penalty. £100? There will no longer be a tax disc to return.

Also,

When your photocard licence is ten years old (date is on photocard) you must either Renew it. £££ (but free if you are over 70), even if you intend never to drive again, or
Surrender it, thus no longer having a licence,
or
Pay the fine. £80? £100?

In all of the above

(28-10-2014, 07:00 AM)Poodle Wrote: I think this is fairly clear tbh: https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification. Must be sorned immediately on purchase.

As JJ says, use the reference on your new keeper slip, 12-digit number split 5-3-4, take off the first number and you've got your document reference number.

Ok I thought so! Thanks for that I'll get it sorted today Smile

Thanks given by:
Sorned it but it didn't ask for my details once so does the sorn still apply once the log book is in my name? Or do I have to 're sorn it?

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 08:26 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Sorned it but it didn't ask for my details once so does the sorn still apply once the log book is in my name? Or do I have to 're sorn it?

Would say the SORN stays with the car. I have a car just bought, blokey sorn'd it in February and its still Sorn'd now under my ownership.
Thanks given by:
Sorn isn't what it was either, where you had to keep sorning it every year. As dvla decided there wasn't any point in people keep sorning it or forgetting to do so. They changed it so once its sorned that's it until its taxed again.
Might be worth checking again though chris when you get the car docs back in your name in case.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 11:16 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 08:26 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Sorned it but it didn't ask for my details once so does the sorn still apply once the log book is in my name? Or do I have to 're sorn it?

Would say the SORN stays with the car. I have a car just bought, blokey sorn'd it in February and its still Sorn'd now under my ownership.

Hmm, it may've changed with the new regs, but I bought a car in April, SORN'd by the previous owner and when I went to tax it a month or so later got a message stating that it hadn't been SORN'd since the date of change of ownership. Confused
Thanks given by:

yes!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sorn'ing a car not registered in my name? Update Chris_90 35 9,816 02-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Can I park here sorn sillywotsit1993 8 2,857 02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Last Post: sillywotsit1993
  No insurance on a car do i have to sorn it? Chris_90 31 9,853 15-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Toms306