French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe
Im hoping to make it! Depends if I get a move on with getting the cxr out of the garage lol
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 07:20 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I'll be there for the duration Smile Looking forward to seeing you lovely lot.

Sorry I'm late to to party!

Are you making another "tent" again chris lol 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
cant beat a lean too poncho
Thanks given by:

(10-01-2015, 05:31 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 07:20 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I'll be there for the duration Smile Looking forward to seeing you lovely lot.

Sorry I'm late to to party!

Are you making another "tent" again chris lol 

No need for tents, the Alpina big enough to sleep 10! Haha Big Grin

1. Niall - VIP weekender
2. Mr and Mrs Piggy - day+track
3. Mr and Miss Slam Wagon - VIP weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
7. Dum-Dum - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
10. darrenjlobb - Sat only
11. Nathan1305 - VIP Weekender
12. Stef205 - day
13. WiNgNuTz, phillmoore + respective girlfriends. - weekender
14. SRowell +1 - Weekender
15. zx_volcane + 1 - Sat only
16. Matt-Rallye +1 - VIP weekender
17.7057sam - Weekender
18. Jimbo - weekender 
19. John 1.4 - weekender
20. Mikey b - weekender
21. Thebluepearl -
22. Sian maybe vip
23. Kentiiboii - weekender
24. Anthony - weekender
25. Crumpy - weekender
26. Degg - weekender
27. Jack - weekender
28. Adv - weekender
29. Zak - weekender
(Maybe more to add).
30. Wannagoride sat only. Will hit track up no doubt
31. Pebbles167 weekender. Will have the BMW Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Chris is the alpina hitting the track Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well possibly by then I will have sold it to make way for a hatch of some description Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2015, 07:19 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Well possibly by then I will have sold it to make way for a hatch of some description Big Grin

Black rallye in Chippenham atm Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah? Where is this? I knew there was (a rather ratty one) in Devizes.
Thanks given by:
im going got 4hrs booked
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2015, 11:30 PM)fatlapit Wrote: im going got 4hrs booked

Nice what times are you doing??

Will you be a forge action day aswell? 
Thanks given by:
missed last year so ill be attending this one.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping to make an appearance. Depends on work commitments though.
Thanks given by:
Update!

Ive just filled out and posted the club application form so we are all good to go. Ive been in touch with the organisers about our stand this year and we are going to be having a much nicer located stand this year Wink

Anyway, Tickets are on sale and have been for a while. I strongly recommend buying early to avoid disappointment (especially if you are buying VIP tickets as they are very limited!). Tickets are available by post until 5 days before the show but i really do recommend you get them in plenty of time before otherwise there is a chance they won't turn up in time. This has happened to members before! Tickets can also be bought on the gate on the day but are more expensive and only allow access on foot to the show. No club parking or camping.

Anyway, prices

Show Day Ticket - Saturday 6th June - £20.00 per person
Access between 8am and 5pm
Access to fair ground rides
Club parking pass where required
Annual window graphic
Free PFC Magazine

Weekender Ticket - Saturday 6th to Sunday 7th June - £29.95 per person
All of the above with with access Sunday to the free parade laps
Access from 6pm Friday 5th but have to leave by 10pm

Camping Upgrade - Extra £10 per person
An add on along side the weekender ticket. Allows camping for Friday and Saturday night

VIP Upgrade - Extra £18 per person
in addition to all of the above, you get a free lanyard,
Saturday evening Hog roast (this was epic last year), Sunday lunch BBQ
Graphics pack

Track Time
Track time should be booked with tickets as most of the time, it always sells out before the show! Track time is limited to a maximum of 20 cars on track at a time and is subject to a static sound test (must be below 100db)

Session one open pit - Early bird 0900-1100 - £69.95 (2 hours)
Session two open pit - £75.00 (2 hours)
Session three open pit - £75.00 (2 hours)
15 minute track slot (PM) - £25.00

Tickets can be purchased Here
Please choose your quantity of tickets and which type you are going for and then scroll down to the club details. If you wish to be on the club stand, you MUST select Car window pass and enter our club in the box as below

[attachment=21479]

Normally we do have a very small quantity of spare car passes but we can't guarantee this so make sure if you want to park on the stand and show off your pride and joy, you choose this option. Even if you're not sure, choose it anyway as its no more expensive and if you wish, you can park in the public car park anyway.

Once you have purchased your tickets, can you please update the list at the bottom of this thread with PAID next to your name so we can keep a track of how many members are confirmed going. This is quite essential nearer to the time for us to be able to arrange the stand and make life easier for everyone on the day Wink

Camping
This year we will be camping on site at Combe again. We can't get a campsite of our own any cheaper than Combe can offer us camping for and its a very nice laid back atmosphere.
After last years "issues" with a certain other club, Id like to remind everyone that you are representing the club when at the show and camping so please have respect for other campers and clubs. Also, please park your car and don't start it and move it unless really needed. Im sure those of us who went camping in 2014 remember the "Enforcers" reaction to people revving their cars and generally messing about lol

Any questions, please ask in this thread but please don't clutter it up with general chat. If someone wants to start a general chat thread, please feel free. Also, by demand we will be having a club theme this year. There is a thread Here discussing our theme so please get stuck in with any ideas and lets make our stand the best there!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
When are most going on track??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I fancy the early bird....my theory is if anything breaks...I have the rest of the day to fix it to get home! lol

Whats everyone elses plans??

Is the earlybird usually really busy...worth avoiding!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm up for the early same as last year then the afternoon run aswell most likely Smile
Thanks given by:
Hmm did early last time and weather always seems to be better in the afternoon and the photographer come out then aswell.
Thanks given by:
Selling the Alpina, buying something french ready for FCS Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 09:11 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Selling the Alpina, buying something french ready for FCS Big Grin

Yahhh Big Grin 

What you got in mind? Low boost on ebay/306gti.com for 3k 
Thanks given by:
I shall be there with the mate Jamie again in the good old HDi.

Weekend and maybe VIP, shall see. Someone feel free to add me as tapatalk is useless
Thanks given by:
Ok so I bought a 206 gti, and will be joining you all for the weekend. It's been too long guys Smile
Thanks given by:
i have 2 hrs in the first and 2 hours in the last
Thanks given by:
So wanting to bring both cars with me. I'll be driving the 306 and getting the 106 on a trailer. Is that aloud? As in will I be able to bring two cars to the event?
Thanks given by:
Will buy tickets at some point, should be able to make it along in the Hdi / TU 16v which ever starts on the day!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 09:43 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: So wanting to bring both cars with me. I'll be driving the 306 and getting the 106 on a trailer. Is that aloud? As in will I be able to bring two cars to the event?

Course it's allowed Smile 

I brought both Rallyes with me last year. The entrance passes are per person, not per car.

When you say trailer, do you mean you'll have someone else tow it in a larger car or truck? As I'd doubt a 306 can tow a 106 and trailer as it will be overweight. Furthermore you'd need a category B + E (car and trailer) licence as the weight is above that of what a normal licence permits. Got any friends who could drive one down, if both are road legal. I'd be able to help somewhat if you get stuck. 
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 10:51 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:
(27-02-2015, 09:43 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: So wanting to bring both cars with me. I'll be driving the 306 and getting the 106 on a trailer. Is that aloud? As in will I be able to bring two cars to the event?

Course it's allowed Smile 

I brought both Rallyes with me last year. The entrance passes are per person, not per car.

When you say trailer, do you mean you'll have someone else tow it in a larger car or truck? As I'd doubt a 306 can tow a 106 and trailer as it will be overweight. Furthermore you'd need a category B + E (car and trailer) licence as the weight is above that of what a normal licence permits. Got any friends who could drive one down, if both are road legal. I'd be able to help somewhat if you get stuck. 

I'm going to drive the 306 and my mums boyfriend is going to tow the 106 with his 4x4 Smile and thanks mate I'll let you know if it doesn't go to plan haha
Thanks given by:
I was wondering same thing...have mrs piggy bring her 206 as support vehicle!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I wish I had the money to book right now but cant afford it till the middle of April Sad
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2015, 10:48 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I wish I had the money to book right now but cant afford it till the middle of April Sad

Same here should still be plenty available he says lol 
Thanks given by:
It's track time I'm worried about running out. The hog roast and bbq nice as it sounds is a rip off at £9 a meal.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,950 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 17,061 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,423 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000