Xsara vts ph1 steering rack part number

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xsara vts ph1 steering rack part number
I've done a search and found a reg from a 98 r reg xsara vts and looked for the steering rack part number. I have come up with 603545400 on ECP and was wondering if this would be correct for the 2.4 lock number? Is a 98 a ph1?

Also found a reg from an 04 vts and the same part number is coming up? So surely they are selling the same part for both phases or ph1 runs from 98 to 04? Or maybe ph2 runs from 98 to 04 and a ph1 is pre 98????? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks given by:
Ok so I've spoke to a friend of mine who works at a motor factors and he has spoken to the supplier and they have told him that the racks they supply for a ph1 xsara vts is a rack which is 3.6 turns of the wheel? Wtf? Can anyone at all give me the name of a supplier who can supply the 2.4 turns rack or lead me to someone selling such a rack, please

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I doubt many places will stock that rack. They'll always have the standard xsara rack
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 11:01 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: I doubt many places will stock that rack. They'll always have the standard xsara rack

So do we know of anywhere that will be able to get me the one I want?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
They do come up from time to time but you need to be quick! I'm after one myself. Was offered one earlier this year, it was literally on the floor in front of me and decided i didn't really need one - what a twat !!! Now changed my mind and now can't get one lol. I'm 'in the trade' and none of the reconditioners we use can get this mk1 rack.
Thanks given by:
4000 W3 is the part number. ( NFP )

4000 HS for the phase2.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
So with that part number can you get em new from citroen?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 10:08 PM)Orta Wrote: So with that part number can you get em new from citroen?

I think so mate if they stil have original stock left
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power steering rack.....replacement options Jellomanpie 9 3,474 30-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  306 PAS steering rack ratios mattsrallye 14 3,223 23-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Hdi brake line part number tysonbully2k12 3 1,425 22-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Last Post: welshpug