Few issues on cold startup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few issues on cold startup
Hi guys I have a few issues with my 205 on cold startup in the mornings it puffs out quite alot of smoke and doesn't idle once it has run for a minute or so it is fine for the rest of the day. I have had all new fuel lines and brand new jubalee clips and the cold start on the pump is connected and working fine does anyone have any ideas??
Thanks given by:
You run veg at all?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I have ran some veg but have always ran 20L of derv to 10L of sunflower oil
Thanks given by:
Glow plugs good?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Changed them to about 5 months ago to a brand new ngk set
Thanks given by:
How does it start when warm/hot? Is there smoke when it does start? Have you actually checked the plugs are still good or working at all?
Few things to check there fella. Post back afterwards Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
When it's cold it smokes white and doesn't idle, when it's warm it's absolutely fine no smoke(well I puff of black). I'll have a look at the glowplugs when I get a chance. Also I have an audi tt inline filter and have got rid of the standard filter setup if that makes any difference
Thanks given by:
I would check that the glow plug rail is getting power using a meter first. If it is then check the timings for it and make sure it is kicking in and out when it should. If that's working you will have to meter out each plug in case a couple have died prematurely.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
on mine the cold start device has seized and dosnt work at all is your defently working check the cold start lever position when its hot also when its cold in the morning before you start the engine see if the lever has moved.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loud noise on startup? Jimmy306uk 20 3,152 29-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  1.9 lumpy startup from cold and blue smoke! Andy annear 23 8,155 28-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: mattgreene
  Weird startup problem :/ Mike 17 3,826 28-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: mattgreene