Loud noise on startup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud noise on startup?
Whenever I start the nad up it's making a really loud like whirling noise, but as soon as I press the clutch in it goes away? Doesnt come back when idling or whilst I'm driving? Anything to worry about or? Also it's idling at just under 1k which I thought was Abit high hah
Thanks given by:
either clutch release bearing or starter isn't disengaging on startup.
Thanks given by:
As its related to the clutch id say release bearing. If you get the car running and then turn the starter again and it makes the same sound then youre doing it wrong. Its more of a screeching sound if the starter is stuck on.
Thanks given by:
I'll see if I can get a quick video after work, it's hard to describe the sound :p
Thanks given by:
A loud noise when starting and then disappears when clutch used....

Sure its not the engine, and then you are stalling?

:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You never know Wink haha!
Thanks given by:
Its an old XUD, isn't the loud noise constant? Confused

Also yes 1k rpm sounds a bit high if that's the 'settled' idle, though sounds alright for a cold start.
Thanks given by:
I'll word it different, when I start it up it's very loud, then I press the clutch in and it goes less 'louder' :p and it's constantly just under 1k even when warm
Thanks given by:
cold idle should be around 1100, hot idle shoul dbe around 800-900

try depressing and releasing the clutch before you start the car, after its been sat for a while and then seeing if the noise is present when yous tart it..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Tried recording loads of videos and it's stopped making the sound haha..the idle is still just under 1k as soon as I start it to as soon as I turn it off but it's not really bothering me
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/94pI0JluArE just a quick one, put clutch in just after 6 seconds, does it every now and again now instead of every startup

E: doesn't sound as loud on video haha
Thanks given by:
Update on this, started doing it pretty much any time it's idling now, think its release bearing, here'sa louder video of the sound, but still goes away when I press clutch in, but then comes straight back after I let off http://youtu.be/0xIF-FHgcbM
Thanks given by:
Flog it and get a TD mate Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
April haha! When my insurance isn't 300 a month for one
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 11:44 AM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: April haha! When my insurance isn't 300 a month for one

Holy ship!!!! Mine is less than that for the year Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 12:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(29-11-2014, 11:44 AM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: April haha! When my insurance isn't 300 a month for one

But your an old fart :p

Seems like release bearing though
Thanks given by:
Deposit for the 106 was 550 and had to swap Over to the shitty nad that's 211 a month!
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 12:32 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(29-11-2014, 12:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

But your an old fart :p

Seems like release bearing though

I think release bearing also, yes I am an old fart, I pay fcuk all for my insurance and all dem young fit girls won't leave me alone now I'm breaking through as one of the areas best guitarists, wanna swap? No thanks I'll stick where I am ta Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah he learnt twinkle twinkle in the guitar the other day he's basically a rockstar now Cool :p
Thanks given by:
I'll add another vote to it being the release bearing.. lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 05:44 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: Yeah he learnt twinkle twinkle in the guitar the other day he's basically a rockstar now Cool :p

Damn it James! . . . . . .i told you to keep that shit to yourself . . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Few issues on cold startup aggyj17 8 1,149 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: vincent1
  1.9 lumpy startup from cold and blue smoke! Andy annear 23 8,155 28-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: mattgreene
  Weird startup problem :/ Mike 17 3,825 28-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: mattgreene