Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater motor / control unit burning!
Bit of help needed here please guys.

Basically my friends 306 has started smoking and melting fuses for the blower motor.

Long story, he started his car, had the battery out to start someone elses car, put battery back in and heater motor wouldn't work at all. Put a new fuse in it, F21 30A and all was working well. This morning he goes out and starts it, blower comes on full tilt and won't turn off and smoke accompanied with an electric burning comes from the dash and behind the radio. Turns the car off and checks the fuse and the fuse has melted but not blown. He scrapped that fuse and tried another and it did the same thing.

So this evening I went and pulled the blower motor out, half expecting it to be wet and to have been shorting some funny way but its bone dry so this isn't the problem. So would I be right in thinking it has to be the control box below the radio that needs replacing? Also for those electrical gurus, surely a fuse should blow before it starts to melt the plastic?

Sorry for the essay, just thought it better to explain all, any help very much appreciated!

Harky.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater control doesnt seem to be working davey 6 2,379 13-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Chris HDI
  Heater control Mac22 8 1,846 13-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Last Post: mikey b
  Heater Motor Squeal bigtone0777 2 1,116 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: bigtone0777