dash oil level gauge not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dash oil level gauge not working
As titley says, ph3 HDi, (with remap) but the oil level gauge isnt working,

where are the wires for said oil level gauge, just so i am aware they are actually plugged in proper

am i right in assuming that this wont show pressure like it will on the petrol models? (once the engine is on that is)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
It shows oil temp, not pressure. I'm sure cully will be along shortly to sort this
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is oil level on a hdi and d turbos. Think it's oil temp on gti 6s and was oil pressure on my s16 after start up as it starts as oil level as well.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's a yellow plug that connects on the gearbox side by the head
Thanks given by:
It's all plugged in mate, it is indeed a yellow plug near the stat area as above. And the clocks are plugged in fine as well.

I think it's the clocks themselves at fault though, you could try the original set that I left in the car. It does just show level on start-up as you say, but not overly accurately so I never bothered with fixing it lol.

Also, the oil pressure light doesn't work, that IS due to not being fully plugged in though as the plug fell apart on removal. Thought I'd put it back together right but obviously wasn't pushed in enough. One of those things I meant to get round to as that one is obviously more important.
Thanks given by:
I demand a refund haha.. It'll cost me at least £5000 in labour to sort that out.. I am taking it to Kwikfit haha

Again, one of the things I'll tinker with to get it working. Have 3 on my list now it's cleaned and briefly waxed.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
lol

It's moonstone...can you even tell you cleaned it? Tongue Tbf it did have a layer of Natty's wax on about 2 weeks before you collected it so shouldn't have been too difficult to clean lol.
Thanks given by:
It looked clean for an hour lol
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi oil level gauge aircool 9 3,404 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Mr Whippy