306 Compbrake Eccentric Top Mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Compbrake Eccentric Top Mounts
Guys I really am at a loss here. Ive done so much research into this and got the right sleeve nuts and washers etc and got the spring top caps. Everything has now arrived but i just dont see how these top mounts are adjustable at all.

As you can see in this picture below you can see that 3 of the holes do line up with the original holes. Brilliant! Two of the three arent threaded which is also very annoying... but my main problem is how are these at all adjustable? If you rotate them you have to redrill at least 2 holes!

[Image: IMG-20141002-WA0002_zpsl9f0adta.jpg]

Am I going mad or are these just a stupid design and Compbrake should just sell the 205 ones as 306 ones! You can see there are threaded holes all the way round so you can actually rotate the mounts in order to adjust!

[Image: cmb0239_2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im really annoyed about this now... I have all the parts but im not going to fit them. I want to get a refund. One of the holes is so close to the outer that once its been drilled and tapped its going to have a mm or less left of metal. Not impressed.
Thanks given by:
They dont look right to be honest.

Bit annoying as I dont suppose they were cheap Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£130 delivered mate. Took a while to research it and I was all hyped to get them fitted. Ive sent an email wanting to return them. Ive had them less than 24 hours!
Thanks given by:
Arent there 2 designs. One with holes all the way around which are more adjustable? And dont you also need some cresent moon pieces to weld in? (I think i have some in the garage somewhere), not sure if the 306 design needs them.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm sure someone else had this issue with the lack of adjustability, may've been on .net though.

It was JonnyB... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6067.htm...=compbrake

And Jamie... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4439.html
Thanks given by:
So.... There are lots of different designs as they are all made from one universal mount. There is this 306 one that needs more holes and probably the half moons to position properly. Then there's the 205 ones which have holes all the way round... Then there's the golf mk3 ones which also have holes all the way round and fit properly...

So tbh there is no 306 specific ones. Its a lie. I only bought these because I thought they would be direct fit. I'm now going to get baker BMS because they are true direct fit.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  compbrake quickshift fitting / adjustment zx_volcane 5 1,625 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  compbrake adjustable top mounts philip r 5 1,506 25-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  Eccentric driveshaft intermediate bearing bolts 306Puggy 10 2,998 07-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Tom