Emma's PUG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emma's PUG
How's the paintwork? I might be interested In the shell!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I really do want to save it but cba with finding out what burning oil if a cheap engine was up for sale ide just swap it. The shell has a couple of marks and a couple of spots of rust underneath in the usual spot along the rails. I Havn't yet found any accident damage and i am the third owner so not had anything hidden.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 07:19 PM)Fozzy Wrote: I really do want to save it but cba with finding out what burning oil if a cheap engine was up for sale ide just swap it. The shell has a couple of marks and a couple of spots of rust underneath in the usual spot along the rails. I Havn't yet found any accident damage and i am the third owner so not had anything hidden.

Cool well If you do decide to break it then give me a shout before you get rid of the shell and I might have it off you.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I think Dan! the DTurbo killer would have it off you too as by the looks of FB hes wanting a DT again
Thanks given by:
was this from wesbech??????
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah it came from near canterbury, it was a bit of a gable as hasn't been on the road for over a year, and no tax or mot.
Thanks given by:
Well i have a new engine for the car thanks to vlj.

Its has a K03 turbo and slight stage one tune, but is running a lucas Sad

[Image: Photo0914.jpg]

I plane to change cambelt and waterpump etc and maybe fit the bosch when i man up and decided to risk it as no idea really if its any good.

So far i have looked at the pump from all angles and still not manned up haha

[Image: Photo0915.jpg]

Might just leave it on the bench for a paperweight.

Once engine is in i will put it in for an MOT
Thanks given by:
Not really an update, but i have been working on the car, th plan is to have it MOT'd and on the road within two weeks.

Tomorrow im going to put the bosch on the old engine to see if its any good, then swap the engines over once i know whats good and whats not.

How its looking atm

[Image: Photo0935.jpg]

[Image: Photo0934.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get it on man!!! How has thi not happened yet?! Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It hasn't happened yet as been busy, selling cars/ scrapping cars, and building that shed you see in the background.

But i have a deadline to meet so gota get it done. Otherwise emma will be on my case.
Thanks given by:
By shed you mean the mx5 right? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nah the other shed behind that one.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh right, see you've been wearing your straw hat Wink
Thanks given by:
Paper hat not straw, this hat however didnt make a 3am trip to the local pub, it was put on the windscreen whilst i was under the car to save it getting greasy.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Somehow missed this thread before, that looks beaut dude. How's the inside of that pump looking? Got it in diesel yet?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 07:02 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Was gonna say, i'll have the whole car..!

jesus christ just noticed your signature... wtf has happened whilst ive been away! D:
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 06:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

Somehow missed this thread before, that looks beaut dude. How's the inside of that pump looking? Got it in diesel yet?

Had the pump sitting in diesle for about two weeks whilst i was away and managed to fit it to the engine today, but yet to start it as needs bleeding well i hope thats why its cranked over and didnt start.

The engine had the correct wiring for bosch pump so i assume i dont have to cut any wires, or do i need do something to de-imobilise it?

[Image: Photo0938.jpg]

in progress picture
Thanks given by:
My engine, it lives!
Thanks given by:
Good thread, and smart pahse1 DT!! Love them in white.. Will keep an eye on this.. Hope it all goes well!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 10:39 PM)vlj Wrote: My engine, it lives!

This is the original enegin i was just testing out the pump on it but doesn't seem to have gone very well....

[Image: th_Video0009.jpg]

If anyone can tell me why its knocking and also why it is idling at 2000rpm that would be great

(25-08-2012, 01:53 AM)gumball3000 Wrote: Good thread, and smart pahse1 DT!! Love them in white.. Will keep an eye on this.. Hope it all goes well!!

I like the ph1 but i think i prefer ph3 and a little part of me wants to convert it.
Thanks given by:
Ive decided to waste no more time with the bosch and keep the lucas for the time being

Engine out today:

[Image: Photo0945.jpg]

After a quick clean:

[Image: Photo0947.jpg]

And with a little bit of wire brushing and painting:

[Image: Photo0948.jpg]

Now to decide on a waterpump why do euro car parts have so many to chose from.
Thanks given by:
Aw don't give up on the bosch, any chance there's air getting in somewhere? As to the knocking, engine has been stood for ages no? Tappets? Or are you thinking seized/broken cam...? Hard to tell what the noise is in the vid, just overloads the cam mic. Almost just sounds like some chronic advance. You definitely connected the pipes up in the right order?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I sorted the nocking by retarding the timing, but car still sits at 2000rpm and wont raise at all and if i lower max fuel it gets to 1500 then stalls.
Pipes all correct even if i did have to guess which ones were bosch out of about four sets.

Engine has been running on lucas with no problems apart from the blue smoke, which i believe to be a fooked turbo

The second engine i have has a lucas on so will just change the belt and fit the engine as it is for the time being.
Thanks given by:
Did you try adjusting the throttle arm in the end?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah adjusted it and nothing changed Sad i think something inside isn't moving how it should Sad

I may have to come visit you at some point over the next year as im sure you will know more about ripping one of these pumps apart, i have the spare 406 pump which could probably be a donor for some of the internal bits.
Thanks given by:
Interesting, just send it to Darren for diagnosis lol. Got a doc that might be useful to you, pm me your email and i'll send it over.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Are you definately running the right injectors.
Thanks given by:
Was running lucas injectors but i thought that would be fine? am i wrong there
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate you need Bosch injectors to go with the Bosch pump.

I kinda guessed this was your issue as it sounded a bit like the issue Fooby was having with his DTurbo (about 4 years ago) that turned out to be Lucas injectors on a Bosch pump.

IIRC the Bosch use a higher break pressure so your basically injecting too long and too early on the lucas.

Swap to Bosch and re tune the pump for them and youll be fine.

Oh and I expect rep and/or man love if i have actually fixed your problem.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

After you'd assured me that you'd swapped the whole lot!? :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction... ekjdm14 15 2,772 27-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Emma's HDi MrsMidnight 44 8,915 19-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub