Emma's PUG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emma's PUG
Well, i may not have a new project but emma does. I may have been a slight influence on what she bought though.

[Image: Photo0811.jpg]

Will be slow moving beings as we're both at uni, and it has no tax or MOT to drive. Going to need a lot of help from you lot getting it sorted.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Better be a 6!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is a '6 iirc. Looks like one I was after lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
don't think its the one you think it is matt
Thanks given by:
Is it a dturdbo then?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really? Shame the one I was looking at was veryyyyyyy niiiice!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
He Threw these in with the car........

[Image: Photo0812.jpg]

I hope these are for a 306. He said they were, but i am clueless about derv 306's
Thanks given by:
The one will the pulley looks like its a 306 pump, the other looks like it might have had all the ecu shite on it at some point
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One on the left looks like a 306 Bosch but the one on the right is off a 406 IIRC because it's semi-ecu controlled by the looks of it

Very nice btw, bargain by the looks of it too!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice, and the one on the left is a 306 pump the other is a xantia/406 semi ecu version
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks bloody clean for the age! Nice work!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I could repeat the pump info but I think you will have the point by now lol

Looks like a good buy, time to learn about diesels........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i had my suspicions about the plug out the bottom. Well hopefully the one that is 306 will be ok, Got a spare lucas as well, but doubt thats worth a thing, Also have driveshafts , Callipers, 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Not bad in all, the skirts were fitted by peugeot as the owner paid silly amounts for that.

Plenty of plans for this car, but first of all getting it on the road, Its far from tidy bodywork wise, 150k worth of stone chipped bonnet, and parking dings, but nothing serious.
Thanks given by:
Just took some more photos, think it needs a good service to stop it running lumpy on startup.

[attachment=5]

[attachment=4]

[attachment=0]

Looking at the pump it seems to have been messed with in terms of wiring, can anyone tell me if it has been, i know the car has had an engine change in its history, so all sorts may have happened in that change.

[attachment=3]

[attachment=2]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
doesn't look to bad..

Does it have 2 fuel filters tho?
Thanks given by:
I thought the fuel filter next to the top engine mount looked a bit out of place, but ive only had one dturbo before and i can't remember.
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:I thought the fuel filter next to the top engine mount looked a bit out of place, but ive only had one dturbo before and i can't remember.

Yeah it is out of place, 1 filter will probably be enough, just remove the extra one and join it through but check that there is actually a filter in the original housing and that the fuel is actaully passing through it first! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Just to confirm without actually going ad following fuel lines that the real fuel filter should be in the black cylinder to the right of the dipstick. If there is a filter in there too i bet my fuel is super clean haha
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Just to confirm without actually going ad following fuel lines that the real fuel filter should be in the black cylinder to the right of the dipstick. If there is a filter in there too i bet my fuel is super clean haha

Yeah it is, its also a heat exchanger at the bottom, I say check as it might have been plumbed out and replaced with the in line one by someone who was having problems with air getting in as the housings are a PITA for it if they aren't sealed properly!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Now im intrigued to see if it has been removed off i go to have a look
Thanks given by:
Originally filter housing still has fuel in it, but what i have noticed is the grenade pump does go soft when left and has to be pumped to get it hard again (que the innuendoes) Is this normal, i really am clueless with this engine
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Originally filter housing still has fuel in it, but what i have noticed is the grenade pump does go soft when left and has to be pumped to get it hard again (que the innuendoes) Is this normal, i really am clueless with this engine

It should stay hard (gigidy) the grenades have a one way valve in which could have become 2 way, that is a fairly common problem Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
It probably had a Bosch on the original engine, so yeah it does look like the wiring has been messed with
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mark - i have a couple of these spare maybe one of them will work, if not i think they are cheap enough from screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/diesel-fuel-p ... tool/77865

Connor - Lets hope it did originally have the bosch pump may make refitting one easier
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Mark - i have a couple of these spare maybe one of them will work, if not i think they are cheap enough from screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/diesel-fuel-p ... tool/77865

Connor - Lets hope it did originally have the bosch pump may make refitting one easier

No reason why that shouldn't work, its effectively the same thing but IIRC they are fairly cheap off pug anyway if you wanted a genuine one Smile

If it was Bosch previously or not shouldn't make any difference to changing it over, its a pretty simple process and you can't really get it wrong mate! Do you have the injector supply lines for the Bosch?
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I have about 3 sets of lines so im going to hope one of them sets is for the bosch, He had collected so many spares for the 306, just wished he had put the better pump on to start with. I definitely have plenty of spare manual mirrors if ever i need them haha. Intotal 4 box's full of stuff.
Thanks given by:
May have to break this as engine has problems with blue smoke.

If anyone is interested in any parts PM me

Stainless exhaust with decat £120
Cyclones with legal tread x5 £120
Gti Disc rear beam £80

There the main parts.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 04:49 PM)Fozzy Wrote: May have to break this as engine has problems with blue smoke.

If anyone is interested in any parts PM me

Stainless exhaust with decat £120
Cyclones with legal tread x5 £120
Gti Disc rear beam £80

There the main parts.

Bosch bosch bosch bosch. Spare lucas wouldn't go a miss too. Why do you do this to me
Thanks given by:
Don't break it, ill happily take it off you before you break it...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Was gonna say, i'll have the whole car..!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction... ekjdm14 15 2,733 27-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Emma's HDi MrsMidnight 44 8,903 19-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub