GTI6 / Mi16 Hybrid!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTI6 / Mi16 Hybrid!?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Mi16- ... 2a1bcb8b57

Just come across this as looking at engine prices for my super dooper secret project which no one will ever know about because i keep secrets like a douche... oh wait, no i dont... a turbo'd gti project.

Anyones opinions on this bottom end besides the weight...??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If you're boosting, its kinda pointless, you could build a better block for less than what he wants for that engine, if you look at my posts regarding nialls engine, I've already probably mentioned what I think should be done with regard to XU blocks.. that's a great start for a big power NA motor, but as I've always said, keep the revs up and the torque down, petrols arent designed for the torque theyll put down with a turbocharger... That's why the lynx high boosters are so reliable...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
If people came camping they would know of super dooper secret projects that the rest of you will never know about until FCS Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Think he's bluffing and there isn't one

But the hybrid sounds good
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If you're boosting, its kinda pointless, you could build a better block for less than what he wants for that engine, if you look at my posts regarding nialls engine, I've already probably mentioned what I think should be done with regard to XU blocks.. that's a great start for a big power NA motor, but as I've always said, keep the revs up and the torque down, petrols arent designed for the torque theyll put down with a turbocharger... That's why the lynx high boosters are so reliable...

Yeh, im just really looking for a basic block to start building, then drop it into a shell...

Understandable and respect to all the Lynx boosters, but i really wanted to turbo this block, not necessairly for the torque, but for tuning experience, and in all honesty, have never even considered looking into the SC kits.

I'll go have a read through nialls pages, see whats been mentioned through there.

cheers Wink
Thanks given by:
There is a lot of useful info from Ruan in a post I started in the XU section.
I would absolutely love to turbo my engine just because boost is so fun ( as I'm sure your aware!) but costing is a big factor.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:There is a lot of useful info from Ruan in a post I started in the XU section.
I would absolutely love to turbo my engine just because boost is so fun ( as I'm sure your aware!) but costing is a big factor.

which thread exactly? i trawled your project thread and couldnt find any ruan posts?? :|
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:There is a lot of useful info from Ruan in a post I started in the XU section.

which thread exactly? i trawled your project thread and couldnt find any ruan posts?? :|
thats because it wasnt in his project thread

it was something along the lines of head rebuild
Thanks given by:
breif search... i think it was this one
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=882</a><!-- l -->
Thanks given by:
Ok, Ruan, you talk a lot specifying onto nialls 1.8 "hybrid" if you like, what benefits would the 1.8 bottom / GTI head have compared to a stock GTI engine?

sorry, but questions may start randomly flaying lol
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Ok, Ruan, you talk a lot specifying onto nialls 1.8 "hybrid" if you like, what benefits would the 1.8 bottom / GTI head have compared to a stock GTI engine?

sorry, but questions may start randomly flaying lol

Never did look into how well the gti head would go onto the 1.8 bottom. Bore size is 2mm different but not sure how much of a problem this will be.
Mi16 head however will go on but finding one at the right price could be fun!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The stroke of the 1.8 is shorter, it's lighter still than an Mi block... Less stroke = more revvy + less torque... That displacement reduction is made up for by a turbo... They're dry liner too, so lovely and strong, but still light weight...

The XU10 is 86x86 - a "square" engine... The XU7 is 83x81.4mm - making it undersquare... I.e. it'll rev harder, you've got less purchase on the rods as they're shorter, giving you more inherent strength in the rods...

That's why WRC rally cars use them as a base block...

GTi6/S16 head bolts straight on with no problems, looked into it a good bit... You can always get valves for a T16 that would suit turbocharging... The T16 uses sodium filled exhaust valves - should fit an S16 head, unsure on a GTi6 head.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:The stroke of the 1.8 is shorter, it's lighter still than an Mi block... Less stroke = more revvy + less torque... That displacement reduction is made up for by a turbo... They're dry liner too, so lovely and strong, but still light weight...

The XU10 is 86x86 - a "square" engine... The XU7 is 83x81.4mm - making it undersquare... I.e. it'll rev harder, you've got less purchase on the rods as they're shorter, giving you more inherent strength in the rods...

That's why WRC rally cars use them as a base block...

GTi6/S16 head bolts straight on with no problems, looked into it a good bit... You can always get valves for a T16 that would suit turbocharging... The T16 uses sodium filled exhaust valves - should fit an S16 head, unsure on a GTi6 head.

I see.. very useul information there ruan, top man... i'll get reading and looking into some stats Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ash hybrid arb Chris 0 869 25-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Chris
  Hybrid ARB eddy_gti6 1 1,047 22-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: eddy_gti6
  Breaking 205 mi16 Joe205 48 9,105 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Joe205