Dum-Dum's Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Black Rallye
I have no idea what system my rallye had on it when I bought it.. Had some snazzy 2-1 decat and a rather large straight pipe into the backbox

Did sound good but was incredibly boomy at 70mph, put a standard system on for its mot... It might have to come off after though
Thanks given by:
I think that 2-1 cat pipe is part of the proper group n system.
Thanks given by:
I did wonder why it said "Peugeot Motorsport" on it
Thanks given by:
To follow up from me saying you can get decent exhausts at that money, there is a milltek one for sale on the gti6 forum for 130.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2014, 08:32 AM)af1 Wrote: I did wonder why it said "Peugeot Motorsport" on it
Yeah that'll be worth a bit of money to someone if you ever come to sell it.

(31-10-2014, 05:20 PM)RetroPug Wrote: To follow up from me saying you can get decent exhausts at that money, there is a milltek one for sale on the gti6 forum for 130.
Yeah I'm skint now and I'm going to hold out for a blue flame one though.

Anyway the Sportex turned up today and its bloody well made, so much better made than the Magnex, just the weight of it is far more substantial, all the welds are better and the hangers don't look like they are going to snap any time soon.

Also its about a 2" bore maybe a little more, certainly not 2.5" so shouldn't be too droney on the motorway or destroy the mid range.

[attachment=19843]
[attachment=19844]
[attachment=19845]
[attachment=19846]
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2014, 09:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(31-10-2014, 05:20 PM)RetroPug Wrote: To follow up from me saying you can get decent exhausts at that money, there is a milltek one for sale on the gti6 forum for 130.
Yeah I'm skint now and I'm going to hold out for a blue flame one though.

Fair enough. I had a Mongoose (same manufacturer) and it was very well-made.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-Sc...1649139180

In case it helps mate.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So the exhaust is on, need to knock the tail pipe over to the nearside about 10 mm and up about 5mm but I'm happy and it sounds nice.

[attachment=19941]
[attachment=19942]
[attachment=19943]

And I did myself a sig
[attachment=19944]
Thanks given by:
That looks really smart actually, can't beat a simple inwardly rolled tip

Car has improved leaps and bounds since the start of the thread mate, nice to see moar black rallye's Big Grin
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Please tell me you're going to neaten that bumper cut? lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Please tell me you're going to neaten that bumper cut? lol

I think that "cut" is the same as the cut on my bumper. The exhaust decided it was going to cut its own way lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 09:13 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Please tell me you're going to neaten that bumper cut? lol

I think that "cut" is the same as the cut on my bumper. The exhaust decided it was going to cut its own way lol

Yep it is indeed Niall. That bodgery that was passing as a back box had been mounted a tad high and had somewhat reshaped the exhaust cut out.
Thanks given by:
have had the same issue with my rear bumper
the molten plastic look means your giving it effort Wink
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 03:40 PM)INXS Wrote: That looks really smart actually, can't beat a simple inwardly rolled tip

May be about to embarrass myself...but isnt that a outwardly rolled tip dumdum has!?

Nice selfie btw Dumdum! how did you set that up? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 03:40 PM)INXS Wrote: That looks really smart actually, can't beat a simple inwardly rolled tip

May be about to embarrass myself...but isnt that a outwardly rolled tip dumdum has!?

Nice selfie btw Dumdum! how did you set that up? Smile
Its slightly outwardly flared but inwardly rolled.

Also much as I'd love to claim that I took that photo of me driving its actually my best mate in the driving seat, I took the photo. It is a beautiful spot. A couple more corners and no traffic and it would make a great hill climb.
Thanks given by:
I have scorpion back box on mine, with a Hoffman racetube middle section and a cat.
Sounds amazing!
Get some nice popping going on at about 4.5k!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 08:52 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have scorpion back box on mine, with a Hoffman racetube middle section and a cat.
Sounds amazing!
Get some nice popping going on at about 4.5k!

Yeah I've got the same except I had a stainless centre made. Sounds fantastic!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well as its been a month or so I figured I'd better give you all an update.

First up I removed the studs as they looked shitty and the knob who fitted them very sensibly used taper seat nuts so they are now back on with OEM flat seat bolts. I'm glad I took them out, some were in by as few as 3 turns. I just double nutted them tightening the nuts against each other and wound them out with a big breaker bar shocking them to get them to turn the right way.
[attachment=20365]
[attachment=20366]

I also swapped my indicator stalk for a brand new one off ebay that was half the price of getting one from the dealer and I can now indicate left every time without wiggling the stalk and god it's got a lovely feel to it.
[attachment=20367]
[attachment=20368]
[attachment=20369]

I gave her a service with some new peugeot filters. Think my service counter is iffy as when its reset it says 19,950 miles to the next service. Just need to keep an eye on it and do it when it gets to 14,000. The counter said 12,500 when I did it which is 7500 but the oil was black and stank of fuel so was probably overdue especially as you can see from the state of the old oil filter and fuel from the fuel filter below.
[attachment=20370]
[attachment=20371]
[attachment=20372]

Finally I decided the front needed to be a little lower so went to the divers side and measured the distance between the lower lock ring and the lip on the shock body below the thread so wound it down 10mm for a starter. I then went to the passenger side and measured the same part and found it was only 40mm LOL. Some right pikey has had this car before me. Anyway now she's lever she handles much much much better.
[attachment=20373]

I really need to go somewhere flat and measure all the arch gaps and see how level she's sitting. Think the front could do with coming down another 5-10mm. Pics when its not dark.

Oh and in other news:
- I still haven't refitted my de-cat.
- I have a new set of decals to replace my missing bits.
- There is a clutch and cambelt here waiting to go on.
- I really need to wash the car before Christmas meet but will probably do that tuesday.
Thanks given by:
So I went and found a level bit of car park and tried to measure my ride height, I don't think this worked well.
The smaller number is the bead of the tyre to the lip of the arch from the highest point on the wheel and the larger number is the highest part of the arch lip to the floor all in mm

FNS 580 102 ^ FOS 582 101
RNS 585 093 ^ ROS 576 088

I assume that some of the differences are accounted for by the paving stones not being perfectly level and the tyre pressures not being perfect (I'll do them next time I get petrol) Think I need to find a smooth concrete car park and possibly a more accurate measuring device.

Defo means I can drop the front another 10mm to have the arch the same distance from the rim front to rear Smile
Thanks given by:
They're all within 10mm... That's not bad considering its on uneven ground, panels not aligned, tyres being inflated differently.

Don't know what your problem is so I'm going to call this one a cool story and wish you the best of luck.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt go by panel edges to be honest!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Todays updates. I have a Peugeot sticker on the boot finally. Sadly I don't have the rallye decals on the drivers door as although I have one here it's a reproduction and so slightly different to what's there (which appears to be a different copy anyway) and I didn't want to cut the decal till I have the new front wing fitted (that I bought months ago).
[attachment=20451]
[attachment=20452]

I finally got round to cutting the welds holding the de-cat to the magnex (this wasn't a difficult job) and retapping the de-cat as most of the threads off the old lambda sensor were still in the hole. Sadly the new taps were too big to go in a tap holder so I used a socket on a t-bar. This was fine on the primary but the butt tap was a different size so had to be wound in with a spanner, fortunately it went in a few threads by hand from the primary so there was no chance of cross threading.
[attachment=20453]

I screwed in my new Bosch Lambda sensor.
[attachment=20454]

After fitting it all to the car I found out I didn't have a spare exhaust clamp that I thought I did so I had to get inventive again. (My mid section was welded to the cat)
[attachment=20455]

Thats her done for the christmas meet as all the fluids have been checked. I was going to wash her but with it trying to rain and how much crap is on the roads I think I'll do it when I get there.
Thanks given by:
Jesus chris lol you seem to like that bodge on exhausts haha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh dumdum.
You n your bodges.

I thought you would do things better on the rallye!! Tut tut
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
'Some right pikey has had this car before me'

Then I scroll down to see your exhaust fix! Haha, cars looking pretty good in general though!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just get new clamps anyway, they are abou 2-3 quid each and make exhaust swaps far better, and clamp far more evenly and thus seal better than when re-using the crap old ones.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah I will get a new clamp, well 2 actually as the other one is bent slightly it was just a temporary measure as I couldn't be bothered
Thanks given by:
I kept re-using them and since getting new ones I wonder why I ever did as I can whip them on and off in seconds whereas it'd always be a huge fight with crusty old ones that have also experienced 9999999 heat cycles.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nice bodge,need more exhaust putty lol

Believe me and will putty over holes in my decat and it last the whole weekend and pugfest Smile

What does the sportex sound like,are they mid steel ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2014, 08:38 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I kept re-using them and since getting new ones I wonder why I ever did as I can whip them on and off in seconds whereas it'd always be a huge fight with crusty old ones that have also experienced 9999999 heat cycles.
Yeah even ones that are a couple of years old end up f*cked. I will replace both at some point.

(06-12-2014, 01:47 PM)7057sam Wrote: What does the sportex sound like,are they mid steel ?
It sounds really good, its got a straight through center box and a de-cat and its quiet on idle and round town, I dont need ear plugs on the motorway at 70 and it builds to a good roar top end without being loud.

Anyway as I can't work on the car or provide any other sort of useful update I thought I'd let you know that since owning her I:
- have averaged 27.43mpg.
- driven 3,147 miles.
- spent £734.83 on fuel
- spent £1,187.46 on parts, tax and MOT.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 222,971 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,893 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Black Rallye Ongoing Project hbomb1905 29 9,208 23-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Eeyore