Dum-Dum's Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Black Rallye
Wink 
I've decided that its probably time for me to put up a project thread for my rallye as I've owned it nearly 6 months and most people don't believe that I actually own one.

I bought it off Mitch on the 2nd of April this year for £500 as a bit of investment as they have started going up in value, I saw one advertised at £4k a little while ago, I've always wanted one and black is the rarest colour.

So here she is at the services on the way home at the services. It's got the loudest exhaust going. 2 hours in the car even with ear plugs and my ears were ringing
[attachment=19121]

And here she is at home, she is going to get a bit of a de-chaving and restoring to original with a few tweeks, shes already got a few mods and some of them are coming off like the front tints.
[attachment=19122]

First change was getting a new bonnet as the old one wasn't original and was battered so I picked up this one.
[attachment=19123]

Bonnet off, soon to be shiny engine.
[attachment=19124]

Stuck an ebay decal on the new bonnet after googling many images of rallye bonnet decals to make sure it was the right way up and in the right place.
[attachment=19125]

And heres the finished article
[attachment=19126]

Gave it a clay, paint renovator, polish and 2 coats of megs ultimate wax and this was the result which I'm very pleased with.
[attachment=19127]

I then washed and waxed the whole car and thats how its sat since mid April.
[attachment=19128]
[attachment=19129]
Thanks given by:
Get on with it slag Tongue

Restore to former glory then or TBs or boost?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Boost it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Washed her off yesterday morning after not really having touched her in a few months. The tree she is parked under is definitely coming down over the winter as I'm sick of all the leaves and shit.
[attachment=19130]

Gave the boot shuts and behinds the lights a bit of the clean while I was trying to adjust the mile wide panel gap from the ph3 boot thats on it. Before and after style.
[attachment=19131]
[attachment=19132]

Then went on to swap the badly dented drivers door for one I'd bought off kent months ago.
[attachment=19133]

In swapping the looms over I found the rallye had loads of unused plugs, as many as the GTi door but without the mirror wiring. Not very Rallye like so I trimmed down the loom a little.
[attachment=19134]

Heres the bits being swapped, even swapped in the rallye glass after removing the tint film so that the date markings on the glass were correct (told you I was doing this properly)
[attachment=19135]

And heres the door on the car, no handle as I need to find some bolts for it tomorrow when I get paid.
[attachment=19136]

I also de-wipered the rear as I prefer the look but I've kept the wiper motor and arm so it can be returned to standard in future.
[attachment=19137]

And finally I finished ripping out the heavy components and amp wiring kit. I need to find some new door cards so I dont have the tewwter holes. Peugeot ones are £500 a pair so I wouldn't be paying that even if they weren't NFP. Got really annoyed with the amp wiring kit as it was just tucked out of the way the length of the car apart from behind the dash where it was cable tied in a few places that needed the glove box, heater vents and air piping removed to be able to get at
[attachment=19138]
Thanks given by:
Tewwters? lol

Good effort though dude, nice to finally see a project thread for it! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2014, 09:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: Get on with it slag Tongue

Restore to former glory then or TBs or boost?!
Hahaha f*ck off, I am getting on with it, I've done more today than I have in the last 6 months combined. Gonna sort a couple more bits tomorrow too if I get a chance like a new boot carpet and replacing some of the sound deadening with cloud 9. Might even stick the estates battery in, be a little naughty and take her for a blast across the estate while the world is out at work.

(18-09-2014, 09:21 PM)Niall Wrote: Boost it!
Nah it'll be throttle bodies. If I get enough for the estate its getting cams very soon.

(18-09-2014, 09:42 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Tewwters? lol

Good effort though dude, nice to finally see a project thread for it! Big Grin
Yeah for some reason google spell checker dies when you add the picture code. Hopefully there will be some very swift progress over the next month or so.
Thanks given by:
Yes Chris!

Love everything about it Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate! Sort of wish I kept it now haha! Could never really get any interest in it and I don't know why, hence never removing those amp wires and it sitting for months! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2014, 11:05 PM)Mitch Wrote: Looking good mate! Sort of wish I kept it now haha! Could never really get any interest in it and I don't know why, hence never removing those amp wires and it sitting for months! Smile
I kinda had the same over the summer then was too interested in playing with the estate but it's been niggling at me and I've been slowly gathering parts. Got a massive road trip planned for it and my 30th so I kinda need to pull my finger out. You knew you'd regret selling it but I think you know with all the bits it needs doing you'd never of got on with it.

(18-09-2014, 10:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Yes Chris!

Love everything about it Smile

Love everything about it do you? Well you'll love this then. Mintex pads and discs all round, braided hoses, drop links, track rod ends, ARB bushes, ball joint bolts and a few trim clips. There were wishbones with Partner 800 bushes on that pile but they ended up on the estate and if that gets broken they are going straight on the rallye.

[attachment=19140]
Thanks given by:
finally you have the best of both words,
Thanks given by:
Now for the hard bit: not ruining it. I wish you the best of luck man, but can't say i'm hopeful. Hiding the cable ties from yourself may help. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fair play buddy....maybe the first car you dont bodge!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
swap for bora? :p

joking obviously haha, looks smart chris, I haven't read the thread, but what you got planned? charger? bodies? cams etc?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yay another member of Team black rallye actually making an effort lol

Glad to see you doing something with this Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 05:37 AM)Poodle Wrote: Now for the hard bit: not ruining it. I wish you the best of luck man, but can't say i'm hopeful. Hiding the cable ties from yourself may help. Wink

Agreed with this. We all know a lot of your work leaves a lot to be desired. Don't ruin this one please!!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I am so very jealous.... Sad
JP
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, when you looking at having it finished then mate? let me know when you next about and if the rallyes still taxed i will bring it over.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the 'kind' comments, I shant reply to them all.

(19-09-2014, 09:46 AM)jammapic Wrote: I am so very jealous.... Sad
Haha but you know I'm jealous of yours.

(19-09-2014, 02:52 PM)chrisrallye Wrote: Looking good mate, when you looking at having it finished then mate? let me know when you next about and if the rallyes still taxed i will bring it over.
Rallye won't be on the road for a month maybe more, there is alot to do to her once the engine is out I want to do all the jobs that are easiest with the engine out like painting the bay.

I'm back at work tomorrow so won't really be about for the week. I'm off at the weekend but may have a buyer for the 2.1 Lump so will be whipping that out.

Anyway in a Rallye update I went to Zakks today and bought some parts, too many parts really. So I have a cat and welded mid section (so I might pass the MOT emissions and noise tests), grille, hockey sticks, a pair of painted manual mirrors with caps, slam pannel, ph3 shelf, front bumper, battery box with clamp and lid, a pair of crystals, front wing, speakers and probably more.
[attachment=19176]
Thanks given by:
Needs to be on the road mate before the end of season expo so yours mine and matt Rallye can let everyone enjoy all our black Rallye goodness.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Oh I'd forgotten all about the end of season thing. Erm. I'd better check dates and that.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for clearing me out a few more things from my stash haha

Nice to see you as always Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 07:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thanks for all the 'kind' comments, I shant reply to them all.

No problem babes. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Still can't believe you were in Hereford and didn't come check out my win cave Sad

Definately need to have a black rallye gathering though! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Black rallyes FTW. We need our own club haha
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 08:32 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Still can't believe you were in Hereford and didn't come check out my win cave Sad

Definately need to have a black rallye gathering though! Big Grin
I didnt have time mate, wanted to get back for a traction engine rallye i wanted to go to.
We can sort a black rallye meet though

(21-09-2014, 12:54 PM)Orta Wrote: Black rallyes FTW. We need our own club haha
We do. i wont be making it to the end of season thing I dont think as I'm working and its only a couple of weeks away.
Thanks given by:
Nice one, good to see some work going into this.

Made me think about writing up a "renovation list" for mine, things like wheel bearing etc for how it's been sat for so long lol.

Get it on the road ASAP! Take me for a spin and make me fix mine Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Well the rallye has had her suspension rebuild. New wish bones, ball joints, partner p bushes, drop links, ARB bushes, track rod ends and pads, discs, braided lines and 5.1 brake fluid all round.

[attachment=19371]
[attachment=19372]
[attachment=19373]
[attachment=19374]
[attachment=19375]

She also needed a new nearside rear caliper which cost me about £80 brand new as I wanted one sharpish. The threads to wind the piston back in on the old one were f*cked so it wouldn't wind in.

[attachment=19376]

I also removed the stupid FSE "power boost valve" and its shit cracked fuel hose which was branded on Sytec stuff so should of been alright but clearly wasnt.

[attachment=19377]
[attachment=19378]

Also I swapped the exhaust for something that might pass the MOT as the system that was on there was super loud and had a de-cat. In short the de-cat was shit, you can see it is smaller diameter than the OEM cat and at one point was down to just 49mm OD so you can imagine thats about 46mm ID and cant of been helping things.

Anyhow its got a standard cat and mid box and a HDi mid box back box and its still not quiet lol

[attachment=19379]
[attachment=19380]
Thanks given by:
Nice progress dude.

Not to be a party pooper, but isn't it a bit silly to fit new discs and pads, to just leave it sitting for a month or two again?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I'd also been painting some bits while doing the suspension so heres the slam panel with all the loose paint off ready for some hammerite.

[attachment=19381]
[attachment=19382]

Sadly during the MOT the starter motor failed but fortunately Poodle had a spare so I had a joy of a morning fitting that which on the Rallye involves the removal of alot of things like the inlet. I have fitted it with thicker power wires between the alternator, starter and battery to aid starting and I'll do the earths when I get a chance. I also removed the resonator while the inlet was off.

[attachment=19383]

Anyway by the hand of god the Rallye passed her MOT which was £43 well spent.
£126.50 ment it was taxed for 6 months and £41 + £25 admin ment my insurance was swapped over so she's on the road and drinking fuel!!!!

There is a few things that need doing, the cat thats on it aint never passing an MOT, the clutch is juddering and the fans don't work for a starter but then add to that it needs a good handful of sensors. The ECU coolant temp and Lambda certainly and possibly TPS too and air temp too as its really shit at slight throttle when cold.
Thanks given by:
looks goood chris, i'm starting to think i need moar power in my life soon, gonna save a bit and look seriously in the new year, seeing stuff like this just makes me want....so bad
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 221,069 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,828 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Black Rallye Ongoing Project hbomb1905 29 9,186 23-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Eeyore