Dum-Dum's Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Black Rallye
Good to see youve got it moted man. Always wanted a raylle!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 02:53 PM)Grant Wrote: Nice progress dude.

Not to be a party pooper, but isn't it a bit silly to fit new discs and pads, to just leave it sitting for a month or two again?
Cheers mate, It would of been silly and to MOT it without being about to drive it but as I'm now using it it shant be a problem. I wish I'd of gone for some low dust pads though as in 2 days my front wheels look anthracite.

(05-10-2014, 05:31 PM)John1.4 Wrote: looks goood chris, i'm starting to think i need moar power in my life soon, gonna save a bit and look seriously in the new year, seeing stuff like this just makes me want....so bad
Cheers mate, more power is definitely fun but its the noise of this that make it fast, It absolutely encourages you to keep your foot flat down and redline every gear till you have to lift to brake for a corner. I don't actually think its any faster than the 2.1TD

(05-10-2014, 05:41 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Good to see youve got it moted man. Always wanted a raylle!
I always wanted one so I bought one LOL
Thanks given by:
Looking tidy Smile

Hands down my 1.9 DT (td04) is quicker than my 205 gti 6

But there's more fun driving a petrol for the bwarp noises
Thanks given by:
Good lad for getting this on the road at last ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate.

Will it be making an appearance this weekend?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Bring it to the RR on the 19th bud!!! Lets see what she makes Smile or are you chicken?! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 06:59 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Looking tidy Smile

Something seriously wrong with that 205 then dude! Power too weight alone means your DT would have to be well upwards of 200bhp to compare too a 205 gti6?

Great progress on the car Chris Smile glad to hear of a successful MOT, always a great feeling Big Grin

Anything wrong with those drilled and grooved discs dude? if theyre for sale i may be interwested!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 06:59 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Looking tidy Smile

Yeah totally worth it for the noise.

(05-10-2014, 08:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Good lad for getting this on the road at last ThumbsUp
Cheers mate

(06-10-2014, 06:57 AM)Grant Wrote: Will it be making an appearance this weekend?
I take it you mean at the PFC expo and the answer is no, I'm working, I didn't fancy taking it off and TBH I think it could be a bit shit.

(06-10-2014, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: Bring it to the RR on the 19th bud!!! Lets see what she makes Smile or are you chicken?! Tongue
I will if people buy some more parts off me as its the day before pay day so I'll be skint.

(06-10-2014, 08:55 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Great progress on the car Chris Smile glad to hear of a successful MOT, always a great feeling Big Grin

Anything wrong with those drilled and grooved discs dude? if theyre for sale i may be interwested!

Cheers mate.

Nothing wrong with them apart from some pretty substantial surface rust. You can have them for a mars bar as they are just sitting in the scrap pile.
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 02:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 08:55 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Great progress on the car Chris Smile glad to hear of a successful MOT, always a great feeling Big Grin

Cheers mate.

Nothing wrong with them apart from some pretty substantial surface rust. You can have them for a mars bar as they are just sitting in the scrap pile.

Consider them sold my man Big Grin its only too experiment with!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Cool, now if only someone would buy some more parts I'd come to the rr meet with them
Thanks given by:
Good to see that this has finally got a move on!
Thanks given by:
Need to focus on your advertising dude Wink

Please come to the RR though! Got 2 black rallyes for definite already Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So the rallye has being soldiering on lately. After the MOT she decided that she was going to be a bitch and start playing about. So below 3500 rpm at light to medium loads the it just refuses to accelerate sometimes no matter how hard you press the throttle but if you let off and put back on again it goes till the next time. It is making the car almost undriveable round town.

I'm confident that it is either the green temp sensor which I have on order or the TPS that I have a couple of spares of knocking about.

Drove her down to Sian's to fix her car and lost a pad coming off the motorway. Sadly didnt brake again till about 5 miles later on a country road and that was a bit hairy. Needed a new pad, slider and clips.

Then that evening I popped over to Cully to eat his cake for him and actually took a photo.

[attachment=19465]

Then since I've been back I've been clearing out some scrap and the rallye has been earning her keep.

[attachment=19466]
[attachment=19467]
Thanks given by:
when he says he eat my cake the bastard had a bigger bit than me!

nice to see you again chris Wink
Thanks given by:
So your "lightweight" rallye is only 60kg lighter than my heavyweight GTD! lol

Allow for driver weight difference....be about the same Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cully yeah it needs to be more often.

Piggy yeah it was actually flickering between 1100 and 1120 and although it was only on half a tank I did have tools oil and coolant in the footwell
Thanks given by:
Could also be the maf sensor mate causing those problems
Thanks given by:
It drives lovely though Wink

[attachment=19479]
Stole it to go to the school Wink
[attachment=19480]
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you getting out in this Smile

Will I be seeing you tomorrow..
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Someone really has spent some money on this in the past. Keep finding more mods, it's got a big ported throttle body! Shame they siliconed it to the manifold LOL.

I replaced the green coolant sensor, inlet manifold gasket and spark plugs but it's still being a bitch. MAP sensor next then TPS and see if there is any improvement.
Thanks given by:
Get it sorted!!!

And fyi I had half a tank of fuel, tools and a 20kg sub in the boot Tongue
And i got two more doors Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Instead of just changing parts and aimlessly guessing at the fault until it fixes its self, why not diagnose it properly?

God and i thought you were a professional mechanic Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I don't have pug planet and I have known working sensors here. Changing things one at a time is diagnosing the fault.
Thanks given by:
Surely you can find the sensor readings though and use a multimeter to test them? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Change of subject, how're you liking being back on the correct fuel dum?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 09:50 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Change of subject, how're you liking being back on the correct fuel dum?

Debatable Tongue
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 07:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: Surely you can find the sensor readings though and use a multimeter to test them? Smile
You've obviously never seen where a GTi6 TPS is, there is no way I'm getting in to test that.

(16-10-2014, 10:44 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(16-10-2014, 09:50 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Change of subject, how're you liking being back on the correct fuel dum?

Debatable Tongue

Erm, skint. Because of the car being such a pain in the arse I'm not entirely in love with it yet. When it was working I loved it but she needs to behave herself for a while and I need a better exhaust on there.
Thanks given by:
In what way is it not behaving?

Edit: just read the problem. My bet is on lambda sensor as thats what ultimately controls the fuelling but it could be MAF sensor also.

Also noticed: get some car mats you pikey!! lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Why do people keep saying MAF!!! The GTi6/Rallye doesnt have a f*cking MAF!!!!

Just tried to swap the MAP sensor and it turns out the 2 others I have are both the wrong plug type. Arse!

I strongly doubt its the lambda as when I picked the car up it didn't even have the lambda plugged in and it ran fine but I'm going to change it when a de-cat goes on anyway. I suppose I could run it without the lambda again and see if that works. I have tried to test it and I don't think my cheap ass multimeter is fast enough to read the fluctuations but its saying about 0.6v.
Thanks given by:
Just unplug the TPS and drive to see if that's the issue - I doubt it given the symptoms though, but quickly and easily proved.

The ECU compensates very well to the TPS being unplugged, to the point I didn't realise I'd left mine unplugged on my 205 GTi-6 for a few days! You can test to see if a few other sensors are the issue by unplugging them one at a time and forcing the ECU to revert to a set of default values, in much the same way as people do for the MAF on a HDi when they're playing silly buggers.

Faulty MAP sensor would be my guess if it does it from cold (as the lambda won't do anything until the engine warms up)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 221,409 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,837 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Black Rallye Ongoing Project hbomb1905 29 9,187 23-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Eeyore