Mitch's Blaze Gti6.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch's Blaze Gti6.
Shortly after fcs i went and got myself a '6, 98 reg, phase 2.5?, 136k and 12 months mot, which was a bonus, the beam had been refurbed along with new rear mounts, all 4 flexi's replaced, complete new exhaust, new front discs and pads, rear pads, two new tyres and a new aux belt, so couldn't be to bad!

On collection, it appeared to have been sat for a while!

[attachment=19000]

After a clean

[attachment=19001]

I then gave it a service and changed the cambelt and water pump, bit of a nightmare as ecp sent the wrong tensioner kit out! also put the clones and wind deflectors off the xud on!

[attachment=19002]

Managed to find a magnex system for it which was like new, but had the 3" tip, not really what i wanted but for £70 couldnt really complain, fitted

[attachment=19003]

Like every 306 ive owned the top mounting has been broken, so welded that up and fitted a powerflex lower mount at the same time, also noticed that it had some bakerbm linkages fitted, bit strange as the car was standard!

Before

[attachment=19004]

And the new piece ready for welding in

[attachment=19005]

So much better drive now as you all probably know! Also fitted 2 new driveshafts as both outer joints were clicking, and for the price of the new shafts i decided to just get complete units for either side and keep the olds as spares if ever needed.

It started running cool, i found the thermostat to be stuck open, so a nice easy fix there Smile

[attachment=19006]

I then changed the interior to the bigger bolster styles, a lot more comfier!

[attachment=19007]

Thats pretty much how it stands now, also fitted a green cotton induction kit but no pictures, i do have an intermittent idle problem, i have replaced the ICV, all the data for coolant temp, air intake, map and lambda are all correct etc, i will upload a video of the idle later this evening! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Idle might be due to lamda sensor, after changing mine it has fixed my idle!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
also, that's just a ph2 Wink
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really nice example there mate, I envy yours and others mechanical prowess, I'm finding it hard to make real progress without big garage bills and not having my car for my days off.
Thanks given by:
Nice find this car from that weird place in Swindon haha

Coming along to be very splendid
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Gotta love a blaze 6. As soon as my other project is finished i will be recommissioning mine Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good buy with some good mods!
Thanks given by:
That's very tidy I hope nine is half as clean as this. I've just put a deposit on a blaze 98 phase 2 with 110k on it looks pretty tidy , I'll know for sure a week today when I get it home.
Thanks given by:
Splendid
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2014, 11:09 PM)Dj306 Wrote: Really nice example there mate, I envy yours and others mechanical prowess, I'm finding it hard to make real progress without big garage bills and not having my car for my days off.

Thanks mate, if i couldnt do it myself i dont know what id do, couldnt afford the garage bills either!

(15-09-2014, 10:14 AM)SRowell Wrote: Looks like a good buy with some good mods!

Cheers! Lowering and some different alloys is next on the list!

(15-09-2014, 07:41 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Nice find this car from that weird place in Swindon haha

Coming along to be very splendid

Didnt know what to make out of that place! turned out to be pretty decent though!

(15-09-2014, 01:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Splendid

Splendid indeed sir!

(14-09-2014, 10:13 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Idle might be due to lamda sensor, after changing mine it has fixed my idle!

Thought id may as well give it go, changed the lamda tonight for a NGK one, £41 quid from ecp so not to bad, it appears to of fixed it.. i guess when i read the live data the last time it happened to be working at the time, thought id check for codes this evening before fitting the new sensor, and there was one for a malfunction with the oxygen sensor, so hopefully its happy days! the old sensor looked quite clogged up, pictures to follow..
Thanks given by:
I was told your one for having uber tidy motors, definitely looks the case with this one.

Shines up well...for a blaze!

are you going to CC the side strips?
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 12:56 PM)mr_fish Wrote: I was told your one for having uber tidy motors, definitely looks the case with this one.

Shines up well...for a blaze!

are you going to CC the side strips?

Things have to be tidy sir! Tongue this is the more shinier blaze CEDX, the xud is MODX which is duller and not so nice, unsure really, i do have some in the shed somewhere, i think the black strips goes well with the blaze?

xud with them on..

[attachment=19120]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,524 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,550 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Mitch's Blaze D-Turbo Mitch 144 55,284 22-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Mitch