Mitch's Blaze D-Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch's Blaze D-Turbo
Been on the forum for a fair while now and never really have got involved, so now is the time!

How it started when i brought it in April 2011 for a whopping 550 quid! 94k miles, and 2 owners from new! And how it stands today.

First thing i brought for it were a set of harriers, mainly because they had 4 new tyres and were cheap!

[attachment=7198]

Next thing was to swap the interior! Got hold of some ph2 gti6 interior, complete with door cards etc

Shortly after i got some colour coded bumpers, side skirts and some new front fogs! Also picked up some nimrods too!

Now it was looking half good it was time to get it a bit more pokey! Gave the lucas pump a bit of a tune and decat it and removed the back box for an after market one! Also up'd the boost to 20 psi, on k14 turbo. It made 114bhp and 228nm on this set up!

Got hold of a bosch set up off ebay, seller claimed it was gov modded and had a ground lda, which it didnt, fitted it to the car to find it wouldnt rev and it p***ed out diesel from everywhere possible, took the head off the pump to find bits missing and that the majority of the seals were just black sealant. Not best impressed but oh well! he all of sudden was impossible to get hold off!

Was time for some lows, got hold of some 40mm spax springs and struts, and a rear beam with spax shocks already lowered by 50mm of my stephen who chucked a rod! Username stephenraymond606.

[attachment=7203]

Changing the beam! Actually all went to plan (which is a rare occasion for me!)

And done, sits just right! exactly how i wanted it!

[attachment=7204]

After a few months i got round to lowering the front too, dont really have any decent pictures of doing this though sadly! Found a fully working bosch and got that fitted! Also got hold of a ground lda pin, said to be one of JP's from ash23.

After fitting the bosch, and giving it a tune, boost rose to around 23-24psi, was fine like this for around 20k, i then upped the boost to 28-30psi and the fuel to match, and it lasted 2 weeks, epic fail!

That was one k14 that had self destructed haha! it was off the road for quite a while until i actually did anything to it, picked up the little gem to run around in though

Finally got the motivation to fix the d turbo, got hold of a t2 turbo from french car breakers in stafford and set to work!

The car is all back working now and used as a daily whilst the rallye is in hibernation Wink most recently ive got some cyclones and had them resprayed, and fitted some dunlop tyres!

On the to do list now is fit my fmic kit, fit ph3 bumper and fit the td04 (which i will do one day.. maybe...) aiming to get the fmic and ph3 bumper on in time for fcs!

Ill try and keep this thread up to date as much as i can! any thoughts and ideas are much appreciated!

And finally how it stands today!

Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
looking a bit sooty on the back end lol . .bit of fine tuning to do . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 06:30 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: looking a bit sooty on the back end lol . .bit of fine tuning to do . .Smile

Im stuggling to get it right, seems to be better now than when that photo was taken!, Ive since discovered the star wheel! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Looks really tidy example of a blaze the seats suit very well too nice car
Thanks given by:
A better photo of it today.

Thanks given by:
does look really well mate, and as said those seats perfect for it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:19 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: does look really well mate, and as said those seats perfect for it . .Smile

Cheers dude, just the ph3 bumper to go on then its pretty much how its staying exterior wise Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks really clean, like that, even though it's a blaze !
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
It does look smart! Not usally a fan of the blaze but i llike this 1. Got a few good plans for it as well! What exhaust has it got on it?
Thanks given by:
it is one of the nicest looking blaze/morning piss yellow 306 ive seen
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:37 PM)Frosty Wrote: It does look smart! Not usally a fan of the blaze but i llike this 1. Got a few good plans for it as well! What exhaust has it got on it?

Thanks dude, decat, de mid boxed it earlier this week, which resulted in the workshop being on fire.. ooops. The back box is custom made for a xud, 3 inch, no writing or anything on it so no idea where it originally came from!
Thanks given by:
The back box fills the gap nicely in the bumper
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:56 PM)Frosty Wrote: The back box fills the gap nicely in the bumper

I fitted the back box and then belt sanded the bumper to suit, belt sander is the perfect bumper cutting/shaping tool Smile
Thanks given by:
Never been a fan of this colour but when I seen this in person looks great! Extremely nice example of a blaze! Just needs some big boost and front mount Wink

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys!

Been up to a few things, changed the lower engine mount for a powerflex type, managed to do it in situ.

Gear change is pretty smooth now, quite impressed really, im after some uprated mounts for the gear box and the top left engine mount too, if anyone has some or knows of some give me a shout! Smile

Also fitted a short gear change thing, not really sure on how it works, was told where and how it goes so just went ahead and put it on

3rd 4th and 5th seem closer together but 1st and 2nd seem the same, seems to be doing its job though, sort of.. Smile

Had some wax oil kicking about for a while so gave it a quick coating whilst on the ramp, such a messy job, my iphone has definitely seen better days anyway!

Hopefully be getting rid of the air con this weekend to make way for the fmic Smile
Thanks given by:
I miss my blaze now!! Bastard haha will keep my eyes on this
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My top engine mount has always knocked and rattled when letting of the throttle, so thought i better go about fixing it Smile not got any pics of before but any way

I placed a washer over the body and put a bolt through to make sure it was kept in the center and then welded around it

Seems to of done the job Smile

Clones when they were silver

Thanks given by:
Love both the cars dude, the blaze looks smart....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
what colour are those cyclones painted in? graphite grey?
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 09:46 PM)SRowell Wrote: what colour are those cyclones painted in? graphite grey?

Not sure what it is dude, was left over in the body shop at work from a job on a KA, so its a ford colour of some sort! Smile
Thanks given by:
This car has actually made me like blaze. Which I didn't think would ever happen :p love it Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 11:52 PM)Stephen Wrote: This car has actually made me like blaze. Which I didn't think would ever happen :p love it Smile

You've always loved it breadbin
Thanks given by:
Got a new air filter on, old one got a bit grubby

Brought some random pipes ready for when the fmic is on so i can make up a new air intake Smile

Couple of old/random photos

Thanks given by:
Got the fmic on yesterday, cut the air con rad out and removed the fans

Quick lick of paint Smile seems to fit/work well, definitely more mid range torque, never needed to make up a new air intake, tmic intake pipe fits fine, only problem i have is the outlet pipe is rubbing on the master cylinder now and making the brake pedal vibrate, any one now if there a difference between the pipe on the 406/xantias?, it went in real easy on the tmic manifold but was a pain in the arse with the 406 one!
Thanks given by:
Had the car on the dyno again today, made 124bhp and 204 ft/lbs (278nm), its on a standard bosch pump, T2 at 20 psi, decat and i have jenks old fmic set up on, not a bad result i dont think? im happy with it anyway, the torque is there just need to get the bhp up? Smile
Thanks given by:
A few recent pics, robbed the crystals out of the rallye whilst its sat doing nothing

Think it looks a lot better with the crystals in

Bit of super glue to stick the black trim back in, hit a pheasant

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks good man, goes well too!
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 09:38 PM)Stephen Wrote: Looks good man, goes well too!

Cheers breadbin! yours aint so bad either Wink
Thanks given by:
Need a photoshoot soon
Thanks given by:
We dont have a decent camera though, and dont know anyone who does? iphone it is then Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,501 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch
  My 1.9 d turbo meridian blaze yellow Gaz85 6 2,412 29-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Gaz85
  Mitch's Blaze Gti6. Mitch 11 3,390 18-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mitch