Clutch thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch thread.
This may have been asked before or whatever, so i apologise...

But what is the most amount of power anyone has ran on a standard XUD clutch?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
About 160bhp 240ft lbs I would say is starting to push things.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would say mine was running more torque than that. Pretty sure Ruan was on a standard clutch too!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 03:18 PM)Anton Wrote: Would say mine was running more torque than that. Pretty sure Ruan was on a standard clutch too!

What were your figures if you don't mind me asking? I looked at Ruan's and it looked like he ran over 300 lb/ft but the clutch lasted about 10k...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Does depend how you drive it too. And if its a cheapo or a gen valeo etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 03:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Does depend how you drive it too. And if its a cheapo or a gen valeo etc

If i'm fitting stock clutch it will be either Sachs or LUK.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Luk is oem replacement stuff. Fit that one. Figures im unsure about though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Genuine valeo is the tried and tested standard clutch on XUD's, i would get one of them if you can.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Valeo all the way.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
low boost lynx chargers run std clutches at 250+ bhp.
Thanks given by:
Its torque that kills that clutches
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Petrol = no torque. lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I didnt say that. But a XUD making 250bhp will tear up valeo in a few seconds....more due to the huge wack in torque.
Guaranteed a low boost lynx gti6 wont make torque like a tuned XUD would
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
313lb.ft but it'd slip like an arse! Promptly followed by the coolant tank being emptied as it felt like the coolant passages were basically another exhaust.

I'd say your limit is 270-280lb.ft - but it totally depends how you drive... Frankly anyone without mechanical sympathy would have a clutch on a car making >300lb.ft, the clutch would last less than a day... You've just got to be extra careful with it, you can't expect to do 2nd gear starts, hold it on the clutch in traffic then put full power through it - it's NOT going to put up with that kind of abuse...

I can't tell you how clutch sympathetic you are, only you will know - if you're hard on them, don't even bother with a stock clutch, frankly nor a CG clutch, if you slip them, they will last 5 minutes - they're designed to only hold the power once gripping, not slipping.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2014, 10:41 PM)Ruan Wrote: 313lb.ft but it'd slip like an arse! Promptly followed by the coolant tank being emptied as it felt like the coolant passages were basically another exhaust.

I'd say your limit is 270-280lb.ft - but it totally depends how you drive... Frankly anyone without mechanical sympathy would have a clutch on a car making >300lb.ft, the clutch would last less than a day... You've just got to be extra careful with it, you can't expect to do 2nd gear starts, hold it on the clutch in traffic then put full power through it - it's NOT going to put up with that kind of abuse...

I can't tell you how clutch sympathetic you are, only you will know - if you're hard on them, don't even bother with a stock clutch, frankly nor a CG clutch, if you slip them, they will last 5 minutes - they're designed to only hold the power once gripping, not slipping.

I'd love to aim for 300 lb/ft but it would take a bit of doing. I reckon with my set up i'll have a guess around 250-270 lb/ft. I'm not usually one for thrashing off the mark. If i put my foot down it's usually in gear and that's where my current clutch slips (bearing in mind it's probably been on for 80k and never been changed now i'm whacking power through it)
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch thread. Again. bashbarnard 11 1,481 27-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Piggy