306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutch thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may have been asked before or whatever, so i apologise...

But what is the most amount of power anyone has ran on a standard XUD clutch?
About 160bhp 240ft lbs I would say is starting to push things.
Would say mine was running more torque than that. Pretty sure Ruan was on a standard clutch too!
(13-09-2014, 03:18 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Would say mine was running more torque than that. Pretty sure Ruan was on a standard clutch too!

What were your figures if you don't mind me asking? I looked at Ruan's and it looked like he ran over 300 lb/ft but the clutch lasted about 10k...
Does depend how you drive it too. And if its a cheapo or a gen valeo etc
(13-09-2014, 03:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Does depend how you drive it too. And if its a cheapo or a gen valeo etc

If i'm fitting stock clutch it will be either Sachs or LUK.
Luk is oem replacement stuff. Fit that one. Figures im unsure about though
Genuine valeo is the tried and tested standard clutch on XUD's, i would get one of them if you can.
Valeo all the way.
low boost lynx chargers run std clutches at 250+ bhp.
Its torque that kills that clutches
Petrol = no torque. lol
I didnt say that. But a XUD making 250bhp will tear up valeo in a few seconds....more due to the huge wack in torque.
Guaranteed a low boost lynx gti6 wont make torque like a tuned XUD would
313lb.ft but it'd slip like an arse! Promptly followed by the coolant tank being emptied as it felt like the coolant passages were basically another exhaust.

I'd say your limit is 270-280lb.ft - but it totally depends how you drive... Frankly anyone without mechanical sympathy would have a clutch on a car making >300lb.ft, the clutch would last less than a day... You've just got to be extra careful with it, you can't expect to do 2nd gear starts, hold it on the clutch in traffic then put full power through it - it's NOT going to put up with that kind of abuse...

I can't tell you how clutch sympathetic you are, only you will know - if you're hard on them, don't even bother with a stock clutch, frankly nor a CG clutch, if you slip them, they will last 5 minutes - they're designed to only hold the power once gripping, not slipping.
(14-09-2014, 10:41 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]313lb.ft but it'd slip like an arse! Promptly followed by the coolant tank being emptied as it felt like the coolant passages were basically another exhaust.

I'd say your limit is 270-280lb.ft - but it totally depends how you drive... Frankly anyone without mechanical sympathy would have a clutch on a car making >300lb.ft, the clutch would last less than a day... You've just got to be extra careful with it, you can't expect to do 2nd gear starts, hold it on the clutch in traffic then put full power through it - it's NOT going to put up with that kind of abuse...

I can't tell you how clutch sympathetic you are, only you will know - if you're hard on them, don't even bother with a stock clutch, frankly nor a CG clutch, if you slip them, they will last 5 minutes - they're designed to only hold the power once gripping, not slipping.

I'd love to aim for 300 lb/ft but it would take a bit of doing. I reckon with my set up i'll have a guess around 250-270 lb/ft. I'm not usually one for thrashing off the mark. If i put my foot down it's usually in gear and that's where my current clutch slips (bearing in mind it's probably been on for 80k and never been changed now i'm whacking power through it)