Poor FM signal with aftermarket headunit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor FM signal with aftermarket headunit
I have searched and can't find a simple solution for this.
I fitted a longer aerial but the signal is still really poor.
Wondering what everyone else has done to sort this out?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Theres a guide somewhere about fitting a boost to it...something I need to do. Cant find the guide at the mo...but it wasnt long ago
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I looked through the guide section and couldn't find anything. Hope its a simple fix
Thanks given by:
Basically wire in a boost box
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If I remember didn't cully do it? Just look through his threads
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure it was done by deeturbo was basically putting a regulated power feed onto the antenna
Thanks given by:
Found the thread

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-12118.html
Thanks given by:
Rocker was right, hats off to you sir Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Had this issue on my last hdi. Turns out it was the shielding on the fm cable behind the dash was all bent and when covering tight with electrical tape worked fine.

Just another idea [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I bought a signal amplifier from ebay and seems to be doing the job so far
Thanks given by:
I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.
I can only find 12v ones on ebay though, does this mean I need to make one?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.

thats weird, my ph1 could get stations from other counties really easily, but my ph3 with the short aerial gets NOTHING, literally, nothing!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.

thats weird, my ph1 could get stations from other counties really easily, but my ph3 with the short aerial gets NOTHING, literally, nothing!!!

It must just be my particular aftermarket HU.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeh I have poor signal with mine. ill get an amplifier and see what i can do
Thanks given by:
I got a booster from ebay and wired it to the remote wire on my stereo. worked ok for a bit but now back to being rubbish again.
Thanks given by:
Yes others have said they've bought 12v ones which worked ok for a bit, I think they are getting damaged after a while as they aren't the correct ones.

Anyone know of any 7v signal boosters? Or can make a more detailed guide on what bits to get and how to make one than there already is on here?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Aftermarket HU radio is always shit in my experience...with every aftermarket stereo in any car I've had lol. Genuine ones are much better for signal, but tend to suck at sound quality in 306s at least. Cant win really lol.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 04:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aftermarket HU radio is always shit in my experience...with every aftermarket stereo in any car I've had lol. Genuine ones are much better for signal, but tend to suck at sound quality in 306s at least. Cant win really lol.

Because most of them aren't set up to work with the aerial.
If you can put a regulator inbetween it should work just fine. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 04:18 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Anyone know of any 7v signal boosters? Or can make a more detailed guide on what bits to get and how to make one than there already is on here?

+1
Thanks given by:
Cully will know, I'll drop him a message if he doesn't see this soon.

Project Thread
Thanks given by: