Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Poor FM signal with aftermarket headunit
#1
I have searched and can't find a simple solution for this.
I fitted a longer aerial but the signal is still really poor.
Wondering what everyone else has done to sort this out?

Thanks
#2
Theres a guide somewhere about fitting a boost to it...something I need to do. Cant find the guide at the mo...but it wasnt long ago
Wishes for more power...
#3
I looked through the guide section and couldn't find anything. Hope its a simple fix
#4
Basically wire in a boost box
Wishes for more power...
#5
If I remember didn't cully do it? Just look through his threads
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
#6
Pretty sure it was done by deeturbo was basically putting a regulated power feed onto the antenna
#7
Found the thread

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-12118.html
#8
Rocker was right, hats off to you sir Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
#9
Had this issue on my last hdi. Turns out it was the shielding on the fm cable behind the dash was all bent and when covering tight with electrical tape worked fine.

Just another idea [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

#10
I bought a signal amplifier from ebay and seems to be doing the job so far
#11
I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.
I can only find 12v ones on ebay though, does this mean I need to make one?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#12
(10-09-2014, 07:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.
I can only find 12v ones on ebay though, does this mean I need to make one?

thats weird, my ph1 could get stations from other counties really easily, but my ph3 with the short aerial gets NOTHING, literally, nothing!!!
Wishes for more power...
#13
(10-09-2014, 07:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I would like to buy a signal booster as I've a ph.1 with the long aerial and I can usually get no stations, or occasionally 2 or 3 if I am in a patch of strong signal.
I can only find 12v ones on ebay though, does this mean I need to make one?

thats weird, my ph1 could get stations from other counties really easily, but my ph3 with the short aerial gets NOTHING, literally, nothing!!!

It must just be my particular aftermarket HU.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#14
Yeh I have poor signal with mine. ill get an amplifier and see what i can do
#15
I got a booster from ebay and wired it to the remote wire on my stereo. worked ok for a bit but now back to being rubbish again.
#16
Yes others have said they've bought 12v ones which worked ok for a bit, I think they are getting damaged after a while as they aren't the correct ones.

Anyone know of any 7v signal boosters? Or can make a more detailed guide on what bits to get and how to make one than there already is on here?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#17
Aftermarket HU radio is always shit in my experience...with every aftermarket stereo in any car I've had lol. Genuine ones are much better for signal, but tend to suck at sound quality in 306s at least. Cant win really lol.
#18
(11-09-2014, 04:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aftermarket HU radio is always shit in my experience...with every aftermarket stereo in any car I've had lol. Genuine ones are much better for signal, but tend to suck at sound quality in 306s at least. Cant win really lol.

Because most of them aren't set up to work with the aerial.
If you can put a regulator inbetween it should work just fine. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#19
(11-09-2014, 04:18 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Anyone know of any 7v signal boosters? Or can make a more detailed guide on what bits to get and how to make one than there already is on here?

+1
#20
Cully will know, I'll drop him a message if he doesn't see this soon.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)