Heatshield clips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heatshield clips
Hey guys I tried googling an answer for this but found none so don't shoot me for asking if it's already been posted before as I couldn't find it!

On my hdi as there should be on most there's the heatshield that covers under the exhaust which the n/s handbrake cable passes under. One of the clips broke yesterday when popping on new cables. Anyone know the replacement item number? And is it fiddly? As in fiddly to remove the old part that is still on the car (which the heatshield clips into) having To re-replace the n/s cable as it's snapped and become loose somewhere (although the end piece is still in the caliper where it should be) I'm guessing it's stretched and broke somewhere. Annoying but Ecp supplied me with 2 different handbrake cable types which is the only thing I can see which broke my cable as upon adjusting the adjuster bar with the screw was uneven towards the drivers side. Urgh never goes right!
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I think most people just leave them off...I tried re-attaching mine twice on the estate after a cable change but it kept falling off...in the end it got caught on a speed bump which bent it right over, just pulled it off and left it off after that lol. Not helpful for you I know lol.

I cant work out which clips you mean though? The heatshield uses plastic screw things, not clips?
Thanks given by:
fuel tank heatshield?

1539 16 RIVET 6,2-20

x4.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 06:51 PM)welshpug Wrote: fuel tank heatshield?

1539 16 RIVET 6,2-20

x4.

That looks like the ones. Only find them on 106 parts so will buy the 5 pack on payday cheers dude Smile

(13-09-2014, 06:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I think most people just leave them off...I tried re-attaching mine twice on the estate after a cable change but it kept falling off...in the end it got caught on a speed bump which bent it right over, just pulled it off and left it off after that lol. Not helpful for you I know lol.

I cant work out which clips you mean though? The heatshield uses plastic screw things, not clips?

Yeah man I usually tear it off. Really unnecessary on a diesel and with a stainless exhaust the heat is dispersed pretty quick. I would rip it off but the underneath of the Astor is so clean and near complete (minus oil catch undertray) so I wanna try and keep it as complete as possible. It's cable tied on for now but it rattles on turning engine off. I'll be sorting it out Smile

Hopefully handbrake refit will work this time. Only had one handbrake clip/groove break which was the o/s one just after the guide one near the caliper so was quite happy on having as little cable ties as possible [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
buy them from a dealer, I wouldn't give those ripoff merchants any of my pennies :p

with a stainless exhaust its needed even more so as they radiate MORE heat into the fuel tank.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 08:08 PM)welshpug Wrote: buy them from a dealer, I wouldn't give those ripoff merchants any of my pennies :p

with a stainless exhaust its needed even more so as they radiate MORE heat into the fuel tank.

Ah they were asking 9 odd quid I'm guessing dealer will be cheaper if they still stock them then?

And ah I never thought of it that way actually... Quickly dispersing... To the fuel tank [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. Either way I'll get hold of these clips and get the heat shield back in place Smile

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Unless you're squashing the fuel tank as well, I don't see it being an issue with diesel?

I should add, the exhaust promptly fell off from the cat shortly after I left the heat shield off the estate so there was no heat getting that far back anyway! lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Card Clips Toms306 2 1,470 15-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Toms306
Question removing wingmirror caps without breaking clips??? Mattcheese31 21 5,797 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Last Post: cully
  HDI engine cover clips Whodafunk 14 3,054 26-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: mcglynn