Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare cars you dont see anymore,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-PEUGEOT-4...1667913223
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
one from the metro owners club!  I think The Liam will like it and maybe a car for toms306 too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Austin-Al...1630424588
Thanks given by:
Fiat brava saw one today not seen one for a while
also you dont see any audi 80/90, 100 , 200
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Fiat brava saw one today not seen one for a while

yeah I will back you on that one too herb, I haven't seen one of those for a while. didn't they launch a gti or something, to compete with the gti 6 and the golf?
A load of the audi 80s to the 200s were binned during that joke of a scrappage scheme, I think those may have been the most scrapped audis sadly.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 06:50 PM)procta Wrote:
(18-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Fiat brava saw one today not seen one for a while

yeah I will back you on that one too herb, I haven't seen one of those for a while. didn't they launch a gti or something, to compete with the gti 6 and the golf?
A load of the audi 80s to the 200s were binned during that joke of a scrappage scheme, I think those may have been the most scrapped audis sadly.

Just looked they made abarth mod kits to add to the bravo/brava . The 2.0 model was there sporty rival against the gti6 and golf . Have to say there are a few of them audi's on ebay but in a pretty bad state .
Thanks given by:
I don't think the bravo/brava really took off though did it? topgear put the 3 together and the 6 blew the 2 a way.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 08:43 PM)procta Wrote: I don't think the bravo/brava really took off though did it? topgear put the 3 together and the 6 blew the 2 a way.

Nah it didnt really take off think it was from about 1995 to 2001 or 2002 . They made marea saloon version of the bravo/brava aswell.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 08:55 PM)Herby7 Wrote:
(18-04-2015, 08:43 PM)procta Wrote: I don't think the bravo/brava really took off though did it? topgear put the 3 together and the 6 blew the 2 a way.

Nah it didnt really take off think it was from about 1995 to 2001 or 2002 . They made marea saloon version of the bravo/brava aswell.

seen a few of those too, those were a bastard for parts. As an ex manager couldn't get a rear light, and also a college mate, couldn't get his to run ok, The two of them ended up binning the cars. 
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 08:57 PM)procta Wrote:
(18-04-2015, 08:55 PM)Herby7 Wrote:

seen a few of those too, those were a bastard for parts. As an ex manager couldn't get a rear light, and also a college mate, couldn't get his to run ok, The two of them ended up binning the cars. 

Ok
Thanks given by:
Had a maestro turbo drive past me today! Think it was a g reg? Couldn't really tell
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2015, 06:34 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: Had a maestro turbo drive past me today! Think it was a g reg? Couldn't really tell

speaking of maestros, when was the last time you saw a maestro van?
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2015, 08:24 PM)procta Wrote:
(20-04-2015, 06:34 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: Had a maestro turbo drive past me today! Think it was a g reg? Couldn't really tell

speaking of maestros, when was the last time you saw a maestro van?

There is one kicking around the Wanstead area I see quite a bit when at our main unit, also a B plate sierra estate and an F Plate Orion, maybe E12 is like an elephant graveyard for older motors.

Ray Brooks did a well cheesey vid for dealers extolling the virtues of the Austin vans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3giXbanlPI
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
V6 calibra! Don't see many about, sounds nice too
Thanks given by:
Loved my old chavved up SE4 back in the day, I'd have an SE9 Happily still like them now tbh!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Saw a pristine Rover 800 vitesse v reg  and a renault safrane r reg . Also saw a turquoise n reg 205 today aswell
Thanks given by:
i saw a lanca delta yesterday, on K plate! This one must be the only one left in sunderland sadly. Laugh is I think there are more bits for those than there is the lanca deltas.
Thanks given by:
Saw a rover sd-1
K reg vauxhall cavalier
Peugeot 309
Lancia delta integrale

All in the middle of London near Maida Vale
Thanks given by:
Spotted a sunburst red mk1 fiesta xr2 (a minter at that) on the way home tonight...made my commute. Love it when the sun comes out all the classics get a run out.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
just come back and I saw a couple of old school motors and two classic cars!
as there must have been something on at seaham, or near by.
One was a mk1 golf cabby, and another was a old school polo! the owner of that looked over at me, as we passed each other, as I was in the metro going to the bank.
The other was some classic sports car, which looked very similar to a triumph gt6, it could have been one of those tbh.
The last one is quiet funny tbh, I decided to put my toe down a little on the straight road, which was quiet. Plus the metro loves that road.
starts to brake for the rounderabout, and guess what I clocked in the review mirror!
A triumph TR4! I was like eh! That fella must have clocked me and decided to give chase!
we both pulled up at the lights together, class hearing his 2.1 flat 4 idling! he had the hood down too! I said nice bit of kit there! the fella rolled beside me and said the laugh is, they maybe more of yours still on the road then there is of these! as there were only something 40000 made! sadly the lights changed, But I tell you the car behind us would have had a right laugh, when we both pulled away, it sounded like a classic race kicking off! VVC singing with its old uncle 2.1 flat four. He was going right and I was going straight on. So god know what the car behind us was thinking! seeing a car from the 60s and a one from the early 90s!
Thanks given by:
5 years off road and here it is on its first day back! Instantly fell in love. One of the garage lads cars
Thanks given by:
There's an old sapphire owned by an old chap by me, its immaculate save for the tiniest bit of wheel arch rust and i mean TINY Big Grin its his pride and joy...he's disabled and he drives it like driving miss daisy but it always makes me smile when i see it

It was one of those cars that you used to see when you were being carted about as a young lad in the back of an old orion h 'reg' Big Grin memories hey

Used to be an abundance of sierras about, how times change...
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Saw an old vauxhall chevette? I think that's what it was

A sporty looking green metro

205 and a 309 this morning
Thanks given by:
the old 'uns are out in force today lol, suppose the weather has made people open garages up Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Lovely recaros, shame he hasn't taken care of the inside haha
Thanks given by:
Saw a Peugeot 505 the other day. I can't even really remember seeing one years ago never mind this week lol but looked like crap if I'm honest
Thanks given by:
my old mot tester had a sapphire cosworth on G plate in that colour! he must have spent close to about 5k on the engine. He treat it like a baby due to the amount of time and care he had put into the car. He sold it on to his mate for 9k. That was going back about 4 years ago now.
Thanks given by:
Not seen any in years, but at the weekend spotted a convoy of about eight Bond Bugs near the Cotswolds

[Image: Bond_Bugs.jpg]

Put a huge smile on my face seeing those, such a refreshing contrast to the otherwise bland sea of chod that fills the roads these days.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
There's a few college kids round here driving 60s cars as dailies, one has got a slammed minor that looks brilliant.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
saw a white peugeot 405 on an R reg yesterday . must of been one of the last saloon versions.
Thanks given by:
Slammed volvo amazon estate rolling about Chesham for a while, fella has just got a job with a good mate, turns out it is all Jag running gear and 6 banger engine. Sounds and looks lovely.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 gti6 are rare? lolsteve 14 4,435 13-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  do i or dont i cully 43 8,754 23-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  A rare colour dont you think? reckord 24 7,676 28-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: E_KEL95