do i or dont i

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i or dont i
ex police car
19 NAD 125kmiles

will be for ploding to work and back so epic fuel econamy would be a bonus
what they like other than gutless and what value?
no tax mot till august
Thanks given by:
Surely won't thAt put the estate out of action? Also them 1.9 nads are dreadfully slow and not very economical. Think you would get better economy from the state.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You have to remember Paul has a lead foot and gets bugger all mpg from his estate... lol

I agree though, the NAD mpg wont be much better than the HDi as you're always on the loud pedal getting it anywhere.

As for value, about £300 being pov spec with the worst engine with no tax and barely any MOT....
Thanks given by:
the estate is dieing it needs monie spending on it
needs
clutch
two tyres
possible beam
drive shaft

the only thing the estate has going for it is a good engine with recent cambelt
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 11:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote: As for value, about £300 being pov spec with the worst engine with no tax and barely any MOT....

if i can get it for 300 i would have had it by now just for the bianca panels
Thanks given by:
Theyre horribly slow. I went to test drive one when hg went on my old 1.4, it was much slower than the 1.4!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can't make £300 breaking them these days. Especially a pov spec one lol.

How much is it up for then? Something daft like £700 I guess due to the low tax band and new style number plate.... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
was up for £900 but its down to £550 now she will take £500

think il wait till the tax is out at the end of the month and offer £250
Thanks given by:
Its white....buy it Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 11:48 AM)cully Wrote: was up for £900 but its down to £550 now she will take £500

think il wait till the tax is out at the end of the month and offer £250

£900... lol Can buy a HDi Meridian for that easily!

I suppose £500 isn't a bad negotiating start price though. I doubt they'll take £250 tbf but no harm asking lol.
Thanks given by:
keep the estate. Its far cooler and you will regret having a NAD.
Thanks given by:
You wont get better economy out of that compared to the estate and i have a feeling they arent cheap tax.

That said you could bosch and veg it.
Thanks given by:
Aren't the newer NADs electronically controlled Chris?

Should be even cheaper than the HDi for tax as they wont put out much CO2 without a turbo to make it burn fuel more lol...I'll check it...
Thanks given by:
I get 500 miles ish to a tank out of my a plate one and I got it for £400 with a couple of months mot on it.

As said they are gutless though and I drive everywhere with my foot flat
Thanks given by:
Edit - F*ck me...£180 a year to tax a NAD!! lmao

164g/km apparently. Confused

That's 23g/km more than a Y reg HDi, which costs £145 a year to tax. Huh
Thanks given by:
they're not that slow.
Thanks given by:
They're pretty dire on real life situations on fuel. Nad vehicles were an awful idea. An hdi I would think would be far better. Keep the economy and still have that extra power. And far more reliable I've heard many a story of second hand nads which have been ragged all their lives because of the woeful underpowered. I would steer clear and try find an hdi at the least :/
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 01:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't the newer NADs electronically controlled Chris?

Should be even cheaper than the HDi for tax as they wont put out much CO2 without a turbo to make it burn fuel more lol...I'll check it...

They are but still able to run them on veg. That is of course assuming its the same engine they use in the Partner
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
buy it, get bored of power, then supercharge it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Buy it and drop the engine in from the estate Wink
Thanks given by:
I want it! Just for the doors, bonnet and bumpers! Haha
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 02:10 PM)welshpug Wrote: they're not that slow.

They're desperately slow.

(21-04-2014, 11:48 AM)cully Wrote: was up for £900 but its down to £550 now she will take £500

Is the bitch smoking crack, 900 f*cking quid??
I wouldn't offer 250 for that, no tax and short MOT plus it's £180 for tax alone.

Tell her you'll only buy it if she puts a years MOT on it first, when it fails (which it probably will) offer her scrap value for it.

There's usually a good reason people sell their cars with no tax and short MOT, and it's not because they've become cycling enthusiasts.
Thanks given by:
Guessing neither of you have had the pleasure of driving a 1.4 106 nad then?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Not really, people often just wait till Mot is nearly out before selling so they get their moneys worth from it. And tax has to be SORN as soon as you get another car now....doesn't mean its gonna fail...but Iits nice to know that's how people look at it. Confused
Thanks given by:
I despise Nads haha, I actually think they are dangerous how slow they are, like merging i
Onto motorways and you can't get to 70mph by the end of the slip Lane, start holding up lorries and everything behind you......

Taking forever to pull out of junctions because of the massive gap you have to leave yourself between cars so they don't run into the back of you because you can't get away...

Stupid engines, although they do take ALOT of shit before they eventually do die Itwasntme
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What happened to your HDi ? Just fix that tbh, why buy a relic and spunk cash bringing it up to standard.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
They are pretty slow, you'll just spend a lot of time wondering why the turbo hasn't kicked in before remembering it hasn't got one.

economy is not that great, despite having many sensors n tings bolted to it

easy enough to chuck in a turbod xud in though if you can be bothered
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 09:30 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Not really, people often just wait till Mot is nearly out before selling so they get their moneys worth from it. doesn't mean its gonna fail...but Iits nice to know that's how people look at it. Confused

It's what, all of 30 quid to get an MOT done and show that the car is in decent, roadwothy condition???

If the seller isn't going to bother doing that I assume they've either got something to hide (they know it's a fail) or they're a cheap motherfucker (and the cars been poorly maintained)

Either way, I'm not interested unless it's properly cheap (to cover me if it is a rotter)

12 months ticket is always a big plus IMO (as long as it's not dodgy) much less than 6 months and I start getting suspicious.
Thanks given by:
It's £55 here, sod paying that for a car I'm getting rid of! Guess I'm a cheap mother*cker then, doesn't mean the car had been poorly maintained while I was using it though.

I tend to find most MOT's are done with 'friendly' testers anyway, every car I've bought with 'full MOT' has had something majorly wrong! They were from small/home dealers as well, rather than just some randomer... So I don't bother about it now, and factor in a bit of money for fixing MOT fails whether or not its got one.
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 02:45 PM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 09:30 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Not really, people often just wait till Mot is nearly out before selling so they get their moneys worth from it. doesn't mean its gonna fail...but Iits nice to know that's how people look at it. Confused

It's what, all of 30 quid to get an MOT done and show that the car is in decent, roadwothy condition???

If the seller isn't going to bother doing that I assume they've either got something to hide (they know it's a fail) or they're a cheap motherfucker (and the cars been poorly maintained)

Either way, I'm not interested unless it's properly cheap (to cover me if it is a rotter)

12 months ticket is always a big plus IMO (as long as it's not dodgy) much less than 6 months and I start getting suspicious.

Totally agree tbh!

As an example, we were looking at minis for amber for a while, the one we ended up buying wasn't top of the list due to the pure fact it had 4.5 mths MOT left on it, after humming & harring for a day or two, I emailed the chap explaining we were interested in the car and wanted to view it with the intention of buying... but would want 12mths MOT on it.

He was very nice about it, within 3 days it had a full MOT & we had purchased it.. he said it was the third time it had been on eBay too.

I laugh when I see ads saying "1 month MOT left but will fly straight through" - if it will fly straight through then MOT it, for the sake of £30 odd you will open up A LOT more perspective buyers. Anyone with any common sense would be more likely to buy a car with a full MOT than one with days left to run.
Thanks given by: