HIDs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIDs
Holy can of worms batman. Right I have the answer to this thread, it was HIDs Direct which I used last time, ill call them. Thanks danny, I can understand half a set is no good to you, so no worries. You can lock this thread now
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 02:46 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Jesus, every single HID thread always ends the same way.. I don't recall seeing 'I want your opinion on HID's' in the opening post.

Yeah, cause they're a topic of strong debate... Just like I'm sure if anyone started a thread on lexus lights or crap tyres, people would be told to not use them and stay away...

As I said, I'm fine with a bit of thought going into things and some methodical thinking - I am averse to ramming cheapy Chinese lamps into shagged reflector housings... I made my post since there was someone going on about how you don't need full beams anymore.

Anyone who doesn't like my posts - you're MORE than welcome to hide (or simply ignore?!?!?!) my posts - it's not the law to read them...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan lays down challenge. For fear of science bitch slap we all suddenly lose ability to type! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I know a guy around me (you also may know him Gareth off .net) has a pharaoh gold hdi. Absolute immaculate with valeo black masks. He runs hids on there and they're perfect! I don't think they're self washing, self adjusting etc etc.

I myself run non e stamped off road osrams. (Cool blue intense) yes they're not road legal blah blah but ran on dipped beam I see no problem. They provide more than adequate light. Not pissing people off with bouncing non auto adjusting hids and look just like hids in all honesty. All in all brilliant replacement. I wouldn't run them as full beam as 5-0 probably would want to speak to you I'll be running either night breakers or then cool blue "hyper" which are the step down and are road legal e stamped etc.

Oh and I personally like hids Smile

[Image: 20760a2a6e3ad14da3dfc1389c955f9c.jpg]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 04:35 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 02:46 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Jesus, every single HID thread always ends the same way.. I don't recall seeing 'I want your opinion on HID's' in the opening post.

Yeah, cause they're a topic of strong debate... Just like I'm sure if anyone started a thread on lexus lights or crap tyres, people would be told to not use them and stay away...

As I said, I'm fine with a bit of thought going into things and some methodical thinking - I am averse to ramming cheapy Chinese lamps into shagged reflector housings... I made my post since there was someone going on about how you don't need full beams anymore.

Anyone who doesn't like my posts - you're MORE than welcome to hide (or simply ignore?!?!?!) my posts - it's not the law to read them...

You'll get plebs in every thread, but OP was asking where to buy, not asking for everyones opinion, any other thread would be 'stay on topic' so why should this be any different, just because certain people have strong opinions on the subject? I just don't think it should be one rule for one thing, one for another, there needs to be consistency. In fact, I recall in pretty much every thread that has been about HID's ends up being closed for the reasoning above, it always gets too heated too quickly with people throwing there opinion in, regardless of whether it's relevant to the OP.

For what it's worth, I agree that there should be some sort of thought going into it before people just throw a set into any old lights (not aimed at you connor, you have projectors). Frosted lenses and HID's for example, wtf?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OP actually says best place for HID Kits/Bulbs. It didnt say just HID kits!
Thanks given by:
The way it's written implies it's about HID's regardless of whether it's a kit or just a bulb or ballast (Also given that the thread title is 'HIDs').. What's your point, or is it just a poor attempt at being pedantic?
Thanks given by:
are we seriously doing this... HIDs are illegal in our headlights anyway. probably can get away with it in the projectors but they still dont have the washers and auto levellers. Its an open forum on the internet. If people including myself want to recommend alternatives then thats great. Stop having a go.
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, where and when did I say they were legal? That hasn't been my point across any of my comments made in this thread, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

I wasn't 'having a go', you were the one who piped up with 'OP actually says best place for HID Kits/Bulbs. It didnt say just HID kits!' when in fact you were incorrect. The OP is entirely about HID's, the thread is called HID's, THAT was my point, not 'having a go'. Now is this actually going to get closed like Connor asked, or can this pointless conversation continue?
Thanks given by:
It can continue... but ill lock this.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIDs....for main beam only....?? Piggy 18 5,283 26-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Niall
  H4 HIDs n0v0s 12 2,503 18-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: kingy