build my own

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
build my own
OK so the brain has been thinking time to say it out loud, if I was to fit bilstein B4's to my hdi could I then fit xsara vts springs onto 306 bilstein shocks? As I don't want to go too low on my car and have heard that vts springs are 20 -30 mm lower ride height would this work? Any hints or tips appreciated
Thanks given by:
Yup...that or eibachs. Eibachs pro kit seem to lower them by about 30mm. Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As piggy says, Eibach pro kit is probably the best set of springs you can get for a 306. If you can match them with a set of B6/B8 shocks, your on to a real winner but not cheap!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So the vts springs are lower then the 306, so if we buy eibach springs from a vts we are going to be lower then the 306 eibach springs??
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2014, 02:20 PM)dashmader Wrote: So the vts springs are lower then the 306, so if we buy eibach springs from a vts we are going to be lower then the 306 eibach springs??

Not 100% sure. I know the spring rates are identical but not sure on height. I would buy the 306 ones as you know they are right then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yes indeed, but in the past i bought some new eibach pro kit and used them with Kong sport and i didnt like the result

I am thinking now using peugeot sport asphast dampers or some b8 with eibach
Thanks given by:
Ive got B8s with Eibachs. Ive had several different setups on my car and this one is by far the best. Are much better than the D2 coil overs i had which are generally regarded as being very good
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Very nice but you have the b8 with the thick rod or the normal ones??
Its because i have seen a 206 with b8s with a very thick rod and the 306 have a slimmer rod
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2014, 02:53 PM)dashmader Wrote: Very nice but you have the b8 with the thick rod or the normal ones??
Its because i have seen a 206 with b8s with a very thick rod and the 306 have a slimmer rod

The 306 B8s have a standard size rod but that isn't the difference. Difference between B6 and 8 is the length of the shock body hence suited to a shorter spring.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yes i undersatnd the lengh of the shock. But i came across this the other day on a 206 gti
http://www.mercadoracing.org/9/368948/pe...es-hr.html

This same shocks and they have a thick rod
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys the B4's come into my price bracket but I will certainly keep my eye out for eibach springs not looking to go no lower than 40mm I doubt I would get on my driveway
Thanks given by:
I've got B4 VTS shocks and VTS springs on mine (full VTS suspension TBH). Not too low so to ruin handling and forever scrape speed humps.

I think the VTS shock spring pan is 10mm lower. I've a pic somewhere of a 306 and VTS shock side-to-side.
Thanks given by:
ive found standard Vts springs and shocks give a very good OEM ride vs. handling.

when i changed to 30mm eibach springs i dont think the ride comfort suffered much at all but the handling improved alot. The car had a alot less body roll in corners and more positive turn in.
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
What top mounts do people recomend use the ones I already have or get a set of upgraded ones
Thanks given by:
Standard top mounts, i have some xsara vts springs for sale too 25 posted
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by: