306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: build my own
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so the brain has been thinking time to say it out loud, if I was to fit bilstein B4's to my hdi could I then fit xsara vts springs onto 306 bilstein shocks? As I don't want to go too low on my car and have heard that vts springs are 20 -30 mm lower ride height would this work? Any hints or tips appreciated
Yup...that or eibachs. Eibachs pro kit seem to lower them by about 30mm. Smile
As piggy says, Eibach pro kit is probably the best set of springs you can get for a 306. If you can match them with a set of B6/B8 shocks, your on to a real winner but not cheap!
So the vts springs are lower then the 306, so if we buy eibach springs from a vts we are going to be lower then the 306 eibach springs??
(17-08-2014, 02:20 PM)dashmader Wrote: [ -> ]So the vts springs are lower then the 306, so if we buy eibach springs from a vts we are going to be lower then the 306 eibach springs??

Not 100% sure. I know the spring rates are identical but not sure on height. I would buy the 306 ones as you know they are right then!
Yes indeed, but in the past i bought some new eibach pro kit and used them with Kong sport and i didnt like the result

I am thinking now using peugeot sport asphast dampers or some b8 with eibach
Ive got B8s with Eibachs. Ive had several different setups on my car and this one is by far the best. Are much better than the D2 coil overs i had which are generally regarded as being very good
Very nice but you have the b8 with the thick rod or the normal ones??
Its because i have seen a 206 with b8s with a very thick rod and the 306 have a slimmer rod
(17-08-2014, 02:53 PM)dashmader Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice but you have the b8 with the thick rod or the normal ones??
Its because i have seen a 206 with b8s with a very thick rod and the 306 have a slimmer rod

The 306 B8s have a standard size rod but that isn't the difference. Difference between B6 and 8 is the length of the shock body hence suited to a shorter spring.
Yes i undersatnd the lengh of the shock. But i came across this the other day on a 206 gti
http://www.mercadoracing.org/9/368948/pe...es-hr.html

This same shocks and they have a thick rod
Cheers guys the B4's come into my price bracket but I will certainly keep my eye out for eibach springs not looking to go no lower than 40mm I doubt I would get on my driveway
I've got B4 VTS shocks and VTS springs on mine (full VTS suspension TBH). Not too low so to ruin handling and forever scrape speed humps.

I think the VTS shock spring pan is 10mm lower. I've a pic somewhere of a 306 and VTS shock side-to-side.
ive found standard Vts springs and shocks give a very good OEM ride vs. handling.

when i changed to 30mm eibach springs i dont think the ride comfort suffered much at all but the handling improved alot. The car had a alot less body roll in corners and more positive turn in.
What top mounts do people recomend use the ones I already have or get a set of upgraded ones
Standard top mounts, i have some xsara vts springs for sale too 25 posted