the mystery misfire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the mystery misfire
ok so getting a misfire from the xud, it does it more when the revs are between1100 and 1200 but also does it higher in rev range but not so much/not as noticeable, to try and fix it i fitted a clear pipe between filter housing and pump, no air getting in there, i then changed the leak off pipes, and today i changed the injectors and still getting the exact same thing, can anyone tell me whats next?
Thanks given by:
something in the pump? possibly
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:something in the pump? possibly

i hadnt even concidered that....its a lucas thats been run on veg oil so i think that may have something to do with it, looks like i will be on the look out for a bosch pump!
Thanks given by:
Try playing with the timing, i had the same thing but it stopped when i put a new belt on, i think it was a slack/stretched belt
Thanks given by:
Try advancing it a little bit, slacken off the bolts on the pump and push the top of the pump towards the engine (IIRC) a little bit Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:something in the pump? possibly

i hadnt even concidered that....its a lucas thats been run on veg oil so i think that may have something to do with it, looks like i will be on the look out for a bosch pump!
ah never good running a lucas on veg, deffo get a bosch on asap
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i hadnt even concidered that....its a lucas thats been run on veg oil so i think that may have something to do with it, looks like i will be on the look out for a bosch pump![/quote]
ah never good running a lucas on veg, deffo get a bosch on asap[/quote]

yeah it wasn't me or the previous owner but the owner before that!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Misfire at idle Chris_90 6 3,118 09-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
Thumbs Down Misfire at light throttle under 2k Paul_13 4 1,308 16-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  starup vid misfire...why? CJ_Derv 6 2,528 20-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv