Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Misfire at idle
#1
So with the zx build still hanging in the balance I thought I'd have a look at few of the issues. It has a "misfire" at idle assuming thar what it is, it causes no issues when driving just does it at idle and when it misses throws a tiny amount of smoke out. It does this weather it's hot or cold after 70mile drive it still did it. I was thinking possible injectors because as far as I know there the orginal ones and nearly on 182k would that be something worth trying? 

Here's a video

https://youtu.be/KetzgmQOd98

So what do you guys think the issue could be hoping it's something simple and not problems with the engine.



#2
injector sticking
#3
Swapped injectors still same, gonna try advancing it when I get a brake in the rain. But I retarded it because of the knocking when cold so I can only assume when I advance it it will start knocking again.



#4
it doesn't sound like it needs advancing

other option is air ingress - clear pipe on line to pump to rule out?
#5
(09-09-2017, 07:12 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: it doesn't sound like it needs advancing

other option is air ingress - clear pipe on line to pump to rule out?

It's got clear pipe there's no air in the fuel at all. It's pulls fine doesn't cause any issue when driving just at idle.



#6
if it ain't broke ...
#7
(09-09-2017, 08:32 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: if it ain't broke ...

Ha ha I feel bad when I'm sat in traffic smoking every one out not that it's real bad like but still. I'm gonna try have another play soon.





Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Misfire at light throttle under 2k Paul_13 4 2,959 16-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  starup vid misfire...why? CJ_Derv 6 4,608 20-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Intermittent Misfire / cutting out Chris_90 36 26,869 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)