low hanging exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low hanging exhaust
The bend in the centre section on my dt sits very low, probably no more than 4 inches off the ground, making it almost impossible to go over soeed bumps without scraping it, the car has been lowered 30mm on the front but nothing on the back, any one had the same problem and know the best way to fix it?

Cheers!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Slacken of the clamp on the backbox/downpipe rotate the centre section so it's closer to the body and re clamp
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ahh right just need rotating! Will give it a whirl when i get home
Cheers!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
That's all I have ever done when there sagging either that or new rubbers
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
My hdi had both symptoms. Knackered rubbers, and the clamp between the decat and mid section was only finger tight, letting the whole system sag and twist. Nipped that up, and 3 new rubber hangers, jobs a good'un! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, wonder if this is the issue with mine. The backbox hits the beam constantly while stationary which is really annoying, but the tip is about 8" lower than it should be so cant see how I could lower any of it! Confused
Thanks given by:
I had a decat fitted last week and now the midbox hits the undersidewhen i turn left. Looked underneath and found the pipe sagging pretty low between mid and backbox, need to get it adjusted his week
Thanks given by:
Was just a matter of rotating it haha sits nicely now so can actually go over speed bumps!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Heavy duty zip ties on the rubber mounts to lessen movement/vibration also help.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: