EBC Greenstuff Pads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBC Greenstuff Pads
well its been nice knowing you but you now have to go after you have let me down!

back in march 2012 i fitted a nice set of new discs and green stuff pads
these are Lucas 266 EBC DP21104

[attachment=18080]
[attachment=18081]

the pedal has been getting as there was no friction to slow the bus down so had to investigate expecting the rears to have siezed, but to my suprize back is A-OK
on checking the front i got the sinking feeling
both the inside pads had come unbonded from the carrier
the pads themselves have loads of meat on them so do the discs

[attachment=18082]

is 2 years 2 months good going for a set of pads?
thinking about it i think they have done well
Thanks given by:
Regardless of age, they should never become unbonded!
I get through a set of pads on the Kia ever 18 months but then i probably do many more miles than you in a year. Its all down to mileage. Not time.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Age is mainly irrelevant, more so down to miles. Those look like they have lipped the disc quite badly as well
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's not good! Confused

Though I guess its driven hard every time it goes out? Still shouldn't end up like that though.

Edit - Just realised this is on the estate not the '6....in that case I don't see why it's happened at all!?
Thanks given by:
Ive see.this once or twice a month on various pads come into garage. Right from crappy national to dealer spec but I would expect better from a performance pad.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'd be ringing them up to complain. Might get some free replacements out of it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Never liked them due to too many issues, better off with Std Ferodo's or Mintex at 3/4 of the price
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I fitted greenstuff pads to my car last week. They are amazing compared to my old pads and im really happy with them.

We will have to wait and see if this happens to me what with all the track time and everything! I agree with the others. The material should never come unbounded from the surface. Especially in a 120hp diesel... what the hell happens in faster cars with bigger brakes D:
Thanks given by:
wouldnt even use greenstuff as a paper weight they are utterly useless

last set i had left massive deposits on the disk to the point i thought they were warped as the whole car shook violently under braking, checked everything over , even went to the trouble of using a dial test indicator to check for run out and still nothing.

Brake test roller showed up a bad vibration, so i got a mechanic frend to look over them, he looked at the pads and blamed them.

i swapped them out for some pagid rs 42 blue and after about 500 miles all the deposits had been cleaned off the face and the vibrations went.

Ill never use or recommend them again, no matter how many times they re new the compound.
Thanks given by:
Ferodo DS2500, can't go wrong tbh. Great brakes no matter what. Just a bit on the pricey side, but you can't really put a price on brakes, especially if you drive spirited
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
EBC have been contacted they want the pads back for inspection
they are currently boxed waiting for collection
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't touch EBC with a shitty stick.
JP
Thanks given by:
Im going to put a spin on this. Having fitted mine last week I think they're great. I've had them in the past and never had any problems.
Thanks given by:
But you drive like my nan.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 10:37 PM)Poodle Wrote: But you drive like my nan.

Not sure you've seen me driving haha
Thanks given by:
Do they still have on the box not for track use? I know when they first came out (Many years) ago I killed a set in 15 minutes around Combe
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
cant remember seeing "not for track use" but then a 306 estate wouldn't be at home there Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 06:12 PM)SRowell Wrote:

Not sure youve seen his nan driving.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 07:32 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote:

Not sure youve seen his nan driving.

Definitely saw that coming!
Thanks given by:

Exactly...SRowell drives so hard he breaks his uber special wishbones!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2014, 06:24 AM)Piggy Wrote:

Exactly...SRowell drives so hard he breaks his uber special wishbones!!

Exactly.
Thanks given by:
So greenstuffs no good or ..? As there's a guy selling some second hand MG grooved front+back discs+greenpads for £40 , although second hand aint ideal could be an improvement over warped standard mintexs no?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Id say that was a fairly decent deal tbh. Cant go wrong for that if the pads are nearly new.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greenstuff vs 1144 samass 14 3,652 21-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Scott
  EBC Greenstuff cully 19 4,513 25-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cully