project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:
(26-12-2014, 02:42 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Good progress Paddy Smile hope it works out for you!

Thanks Paul can't wait to get all 4 weeks back on the ground ta see what its like lol :-) 
Thanks given by:
So a small update again after alot l
of lookin around in my work managed to get sum fitments for the boost gages and bosch pump lol was hopping to get a lot more work done but felt shity with the flu and an ear infection lol just wasn't in the mood for work on the car lol but Monday another day so I will crack on nw I'm feeling better lol here is sum pics :-)  

[attachment=21070][attachment=21069][attachment=21068]
Thanks given by:
Done a bit more work on the car this week lol got a diesel  cooler fitted and oil cooler also got standered fans back in wife alot of cutting and moding :-) intercooler nw in its final resting place have a video of its first start and sum photos of the oil cooler

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnhACmtTupI

[attachment=21205][attachment=21204][attachment=21202][attachment=21201][attachment=21200][attachment=21199]
Thanks given by:
Well done fella...be more like a fuel heater though as you want the fuel to heat up not cool down!
Beast of an intercooler that!
You excited?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Love the fact this is together. Bet you cant wait to get this on road. Glad you stuck at it with this project.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ye can't wait to get it back on the road lol needs mot first intercooler wasn't the handiest fitted lol turbos sound pretty cool lol how did u get that flutter sound wen u switch off u r car did it just start doing it wen turbo was fitted sound sweet :-)

(17-01-2015, 09:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Love the fact this is together. Bet you cant wait to get this on road. Glad you stuck at it with this project.

Thanks man :-) and it still cost me very little money to do it all lol having parts at hand is great lol
Thanks given by:
Looks and sounds epic and credit to you

Ah yeah the intercooler rather large Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 12:24 AM)7057sam Wrote: Looks and sounds epic and credit to you

Ah yeah the intercooler rather large Big Grin

Thanks Sam :-) well if ur going to intercool may as well go big lol thing is its not much bigger then my last one lol just looks nicer :-) didn't have to cut any more out of my bumper witch was good  lol 
Thanks given by:
Nice one Paddy. Really hoping it performs for you Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 02:16 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Nice one Paddy. Really hoping it performs for you Big Grin

Thanks Paul me to lol shouldn't be long nw till wee all see lol just drive shafts and stuff to finish of nw like :-)
Thanks given by:
Finally got my car back together dive shafts back in and all that lol small oil leak Dow so need to sort that out also waiting on some pipes to finish it off like 90° and stuff as u will see in the pics lol any here's how she looks now :-)

[attachment=21624][attachment=21623][attachment=21622][attachment=21621][attachment=21619][attachment=21620]

[attachment=21625][attachment=21626]

Also my turbo made a flutter sound so had to video that lol I no its not good to rev up a car and switch it off but just done it for this video :-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blb1Da2NAoQ

Thanks given by:
Woop woop! Good lad!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks man :-)
Thanks given by:
So got a bit more done to day wif the piping from one turbo to the other wasn't mutch room back there lol but getting there slowly :-) just need to finish off the top turbo now and then I'm done lol 

[attachment=21857][attachment=21859]

[attachment=21858]

[attachment=21860]

[attachment=21861]
Thanks given by:
Looks and sounds awesome! Now it just needs to go into a really old citroen shell or something!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Also got the 90° pipe to finish off the top end of the piping lol 

[attachment=21864]

[attachment=21863]

(26-02-2015, 07:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Looks and sounds awesome! Now it just needs to go into a really old citroen shell or something!

Lol thanks tom BT that engine is going no were for a while lol
Thanks given by:
Don't know how I managed to miss this. Had a read through the thread, looking awesome.

I take it this is a first? Certainly don't recall anyone else doing something like it!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 09:46 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Don't know how I managed to miss this. Had a read through the thread, looking awesome.

I take it this is a first? Certainly don't recall anyone else doing something like it!

Lol don't think any one has done it with a kkk turbo so probably a first ye hopefully it hasn't all been a waste of time lol but weee shall see 
Thanks given by:
Paddy where's your oil return on gearbox mounted one returning to?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I got a  T pipe from a transit so it'd running back in to original oil return lol
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 09:46 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Don't know how I managed to miss this. Had a read through the thread, looking awesome.

Not by a long shot, Darren's done it to death lol, he's not the only one either. 

Almost there now Paddy, what's left to do?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 10:48 PM)Poodle Wrote:

Not by a long shot, Darren's done it to death lol, he's not the only one either. 

Almost there now Paddy, what's left to do?

all boost pipes done now poodle just an oil leak to fix and she's ready lol she's very fast boosting well over 30psi so going to need a bigger boost gages at sum point :-) how ur car coming a long .
Thanks given by:
Finally finished lol here's pics [attachment=22063][attachment=22062][attachment=22064]
Thanks given by:
Yes Paddddddy!!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 02:08 PM)silverzx Wrote: Yes Paddddddy!!

Lol long ordeal finally over 
Thanks given by:
Nice! Let's see some videos. Big Grin

Mine's almost there, just a few bits to finish up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 10:05 PM)Poodle Wrote: Nice! Let's see some videos. Big Grin

Mine's almost there, just a few bits to finish up.

Thanks poodle will get sum up wen ever I get it throw  mot if it passes now with the turbo were it is nw :-) can't wait ta see u r car wen its on the road should be interesting lol
Thanks given by:
Awesome! videos needed asap!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ahh finally all plumbed in and working - this is great news Paddy

See how it goes, test it all out - at the very least you have all the logistics in place for the twin turbo setup, so if the choice of turbos doesn't work out you can just replace them and crack on.

Progress on this has been mega quick.

Have you installed a couple of boost gauges so you can see what it is after each turbo? Might be useful to know.

Also an emp gauge too so you can see how much back pressure you're creating.
Thanks given by:
Well done paddy looks absolutely epic Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,150 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,185 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,761 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01