Wheel weights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel weights
Odd question here. Im going to be fitting my new Brembos soon and there is going to be about enough room between the calliper and inner wheel to fit a rizla paper. My wheel weights are the stick on type fitted on the insider of the wheel just behind the spokes. is there any reason why if i take them to a tyre shop, they can't move them to the outer part of the wheel or will they not be able to be balanced like this?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
They could use knock on weights lol

The sticky type would work on the lip of deep dish alloys but it'd look shit..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah they can stick them inside, doesn't make a difference...not sure why so many like hammering the damn things on the face lol.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 09:30 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: They could use knock on weights lol

No...They couldnt Angry

Just didn't know if they had to be near the spokes for balancing but now i think, pretty sure I've seen them before with them on the shit side of the wheel lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No idea whos been balancing your wheels, but I always put some on the inside and some on the outside. Different typesof balancing, static and dynamic
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They can weight the outside of the wheel but it'll scratch paint..

I had this when I had gti brakes on my speedlines.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
As said, they can put the weights right down to the inner-most part of the wheel (so nearest the engine when the wheels are on the car). Seen plenty like that.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 07:26 AM)Grant Wrote: As said, they can put the weights right down to the inner-most part of the wheel (so nearest the engine when the wheels are on the car). Seen plenty like that.

I think thats only one type of balancing though, i could of swore you need them in the near the back of the wheel face aswell to balance "properly"
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I've always been under impression you need them both sides, unless you're lucky and they just balance up nicely.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
yeh you can always move them further away from where the caliper will be but it will only be balanced in one plane... which is the one that matters.

i dont know how much thought is put into putting them on. They probably just put them on kinda in the middle. All of mine are in a line all in the same part of the wheel i.e. an inch in from the spokes.
Thanks given by:
No theyre not just whacked on, well they shouldn't be any way
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No, the machine tells you EXACTLY where to put them.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
There we go then. I stand corrected.
Thanks given by:
on tyre machines you can select "where" you want to put the weights... usually on the start up menu (3 machines in work are hofmanns). so you can use stick-on weights mounted at the edge of the inner wheel rim out of sight.
I despise people who tw*t on a lump of a weight on the outside of a new wheel, or perhaps they were never shown to use the machines to be able to re-locate the weights..

rant over now thanks, will go back to being a pleasant old fart again.............
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake disc weights. 6 and 302mm. Pompey306mark 5 2,520 13-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark