Front ABS Sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front ABS Sensor
hi again,

seems like my hdi has just decided it wants alot of love and to fall to bits..

my abs light is on, have plugged it into diagnostics and its coming up with front left wheel sensor.

what i was wonder is if the someone knew if the front sensors only worked one side or whether a front right would fit a front left?

not trying to be tight but i have three or four front right bosch abs sensor but no front left ones and until i get the cutting out sorted im reluctant to buy a new one?

if anyone could help i would appretiate it

thanks
Thanks given by:
check the cable lengths i think they are different
but a longer cable could be coiled Wink
Thanks given by:
Much longer on passenger side...
Thanks given by:
thanks guy never thought check that, looks like ill try and sort cuting out first not having a new sensor ifi cant get damn thing run long enough use the brakes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
might not be the sensor mine did this and the ring on the drive shaft had split!! common thing apparently rust gets behind and splits them
Thanks given by:
This^^ It could be the abs ring itself, not the sensor
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm no expert on these cars and have learnt all I know about them ( apart from there are a car with 4 wheels ( 5 with the spare ) and have a diesel engine etc etc etc ....... ) from this brilliant forum!!!!!!!!

anyways the sensor has a magnetic "finger" close to the slotted ring and when the wheel is turned the sensor wires cionnected to a digital multimeter set to a low range will show a read out showing that summut is happening.......a small generator? ac volts.........

the sensor winding has a resistance which I cannot remember the value of as I'm away from the manual which has that data written in it gained from members on here..........perhaps that's a start point.

if the system has sensed a skid ( jack one front corner and if safe run eng in gear to rotate wheel fairly quickly, apply brakes, abs light will come on ) drive the car some 15mph and the light will go out, if all is ok that is.......
Thanks given by: