306 2.0 hdi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 hdi 16v
Only thing now is put the new turbo core in and try to silence the pre injection
Thanks given by:
Now I feel clutch slipping a bit on 3rd and 4th gear. I am now at 90 iq. Maybe will put a little more new I install the new turbo core. Let's see the limit of the r70 pump
Thanks given by:
hi there people, o got here a complete Xsara VTS 90HP hdi engine with the gearbox.

Question is, is it worth changing my BE3 for the newer BE4 from the Xsara??
Thanks given by:
New updates, turbo as fallen lol, broke into pieces and new turbo install is on going
Thanks given by:
Oh dear!

Diagnosis?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Turbo broke in half, don't know my but it happened.
Thanks given by:
Oh crape man. That sucks. Get another bigger one. Upgrade when stuff breaks
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150824_124301.jpg]

dead gt1852v

[Image: 20150824_124317.jpg]

[Image: 20150824_124323.jpg]

this one broke, dont really know why

New clutch

[Image: 20150825_113702.jpg]

And the modest replacement turbo

GTB2060VKLR

[Image: 20150909_225351.jpg]

[Image: 20150909_225402.jpg]

[Image: 20150909_225412.jpg]

[Image: 20150912_125505.jpg]

[Image: 20150912_125531.jpg]

[Image: 20150913_214056.jpg]

[Image: 20150913_214104.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Old turbo looks like its sheared the comp housing off

Had this happen with gt2256v - put it down to movement in the boost pips flexing the comp housing everytime it came on boost

Like the look of your new clutch - any info on this, using CG currently, but deffo interested in other makes

New turbo is going to be AMAZING, should be about perfect that engine for big power with pretty much instant response and transients Smile

Can't wait to hear some more updates ...
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2015, 07:40 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Old turbo looks like its sheared the comp housing off

Had this happen with gt2256v - put it down to movement in the boost pips flexing the comp housing everytime it came on boost

Like the look of your new clutch - any info on this, using CG currently, but deffo interested in other makes

New turbo is going to be AMAZING, should be about perfect that engine for big power with pretty much instant response and transients Smile

Can't wait to hear some more updates ...
Exaust is being made today, oil pipes and water pipes too.
Turbo pressure tube will be diferent this time and is going to the timing belt space and much more flexible pipe.
Clucht I really don't know, need to try it first
Thanks given by:
Almost definitely pressure from boost pipes expanding has caused that. Happened to me also.

Very interested in the clutch too!

Excited to see how this works out!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Is more flexible pipe a good idea? Likely to expand / move when on boost.
Thanks given by:
The old one was rigid metal from turbo to intercooler only with rubber from pipe to ic
Thanks given by:
Work is almost done. Next week it should be on the road again. Let's see if this gtb ias good turbo and if works good on this hdi engine
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this up and running again, will be watching with great interest.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Only waitting on a gasket for turbo to start putting all together
Thanks given by:
Looking good, eager to see how it goes with this new turbo.

Is it being mapped before/after the new turbo goes on?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's already mapped, but is going to be a little more lol
Thanks given by:
Good to hear haha!

Forgive me if I've missed it, but is the turbo actuator being controlled by the ECU or just a manual vacuum can setup?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ecu controlled
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2015, 07:59 PM)dashmader Wrote: Let's see if this gtb ias good turbo and if works good on this hdi engine

This thing is going to fly for sure

any reason for going for the 2060 vs the 2260? i know you may gain a little spool, but perhaps not much in it Vs. having to tail off boost at higher rpms. I.e. save the clutch / drivetrain raping torque low down, and gain power higher up -chances are you may have to torque limit at lower rpm as it is.

All that being said, I really do wish to see how this goes, I'm expecting it to be pretty special
Thanks given by:
Keeping a very close eye on this!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm cant wait to see this running with the new turbo on.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Today engine is going into the car

Later will put a few pics
Thanks given by:
Car is ready. Turbo seems good, but clutch slips. Don't know why. Maybe it needs a few kms
Thanks given by:
One thing is for sure. Turbo is good and engine revs much more freely at high rpm
Thanks given by:
Great news, let's hope your clutch is just bedding in for now and will hold some decent torque
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2015, 07:24 PM)dashmader Wrote: One thing is for sure. Turbo is good and engine revs much more freely at high rpm

Makes a big difference top end in my experience
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very big. At 190km/h I push pedal to the floor and it jumps foward
Thanks given by:
This turbo is madness compared to gt1852v. I am very pleased
Thanks given by: