TA Coilovers vs GTi6 Shocks & 60mm Springs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TA Coilovers vs GTi6 Shocks & 60mm Springs
What do we reackon folks?

Plan on binning these shitty/pikey cut springs out later this eveing in favour of the TA's I have or the GTi6 shock/60mm springs.

Are the TA's rock hard?

I wouldn't mind it being fairly comfortable as the Datsun is my toy car.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive got a set a ta's had them for about 6 months, now im fed up with them.
Find them quite hard and make some real funny noises :\
Thanks given by:
Tas are horrendous had them. Hard as hell ride. Bouncy. Not good. For cheap lows in the vw community
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've had both and IMO I prefer shocks and springs. The idea of adjustable is great, but in reality doesn't happen too often.

Decent springs on gti shocks are more driveable and you can really feel the front end. TA's to me tended to hop about when putting them into road corners , if that makes sense
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ok, decision made then. OEM ftw.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I had gti struts with 60mm springs and i changed them for some ta's as they were pretty bouncy. I think if your going to lower on stuts you ideally what to uprate the shocks as well.

Im pretty happy with the ta's though tbh. Yes they aren't the nicest drive over really bumpy roads but i drive on a lot of bumpy country roads and haven't considered going back to shocks and springs
Thanks given by:
Meh the xsi has had TAs for 2 years and the estate had TAs really didnt find them that bad atall really. Nothing on decent coilovers but i really wouldnt say they are that bad atall

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 12:26 PM)puglove Wrote: Meh the xsi has had TAs for 2 years and the estate had TAs really didnt find them that bad atall really. Nothing on decent coilovers but i really wouldnt say they are that bad atall

Exactly what Jamies says really. Think people think there are worse than they are but at the end of the day they are pretty much the cheapest coilovers out there to buy so there never going to compare to the higher priced 1s.

I never planned on getting them till i road in jimbo's car and realised there not that bad
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 12:30 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(15-07-2014, 12:26 PM)puglove Wrote: Meh the xsi has had TAs for 2 years and the estate had TAs really didnt find them that bad atall really. Nothing on decent coilovers but i really wouldnt say they are that bad atall

Exactly what Jamies says really. Think people think there are worse than they are but at the end of the day they are pretty much the cheapest coilovers out there to buy so there never going to compare to the higher priced 1s.

I never planned on getting them till i road in jimbo's car and realised there not that bad

Never said they were bad.. They're quite nice in fact. But, given the choice of TA's over shocks and decent springs, I'd take the latter
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 12:44 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(15-07-2014, 12:30 PM)Frosty Wrote:

Never said they were bad.. They're quite nice in fact. But, given the choice of TA's over shocks and decent springs, I'd take the latter

Never said you said they were bad. They just seem to bad reputation in general for some reason
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 02:39 PM)Frosty Wrote: Never said you said they were bad. They just seem to bad reputation in general for some reason

That ^^^^^^^^

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coilovers/Springs/Shocks Esmyth124 6 2,424 07-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Gti6/VTS Front Shocks/Springs MY95 14 3,062 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Xsara vts front shocks / springs?? Tc306 5 2,441 06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tc306