Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations
I was out today and the petrol stations are packed out. People are nuts the strike hasn't even started yet or been decided either when its happening. They give notice when the strike happening but no people are nuts.

People in the UK are really perfectic mension a small thing and people panic. Now people are taking advantage and putting prices up to hell.

Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations.

link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17553696
Thanks given by:
Reeeeeeeeeeeee post...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pea roast.

Do try to keep up. This has been going for 4 days rounds my way
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've only just notice round my way 4 hours ago. I put £30 in 2 weeks ago and only just needed a top up. God I love my diesel.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Pea roast.

Do try to keep up. This has been going for 4 days rounds my way

Its only started here now. lmao
Thanks given by:
i was in north wales today and every petrol stastion was packed with no derv. shitting me sen cause i had 180 miles to do with quarter of a tank. had to save fuel by slowing down to 45/50. made it to chester. just.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
same round my area currently, but being surrey every forecourt is packed with effing landy disco tdv6 hse's. tards need to invest in less thirsty cars...

I filled up mine n the missus's cars today to be on the safe side; i doubt maz'll use hers in the next 2 weeks, but i need mine for work!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
VEG OIL FTMFW!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
****ing rediculas as far as im concerned...just another reason why I hate living in this idiotic f*cked up country.

If your not happy with your job, earning 45k a year, then fook off and get another job...jesus....

Oh well, tractors need an oil change anyway, so plenty of fuel to keep my daily running!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
You chuck all your used oil in the tank Darren? Got some sat on the drive and I keep eyeing it up. :/
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
stations up here are limiting you to 20 litres and cutting the pump off as it gets there !!!

i went to tesco yesterday, queued for 25 mins and put £60 in the 306 !! that will last me about 6 weeks of work commuting only.

went back this evening in the galaxy, filled the tank and even filled a jerry can that has resided in the garage for years without ever seeing the light of day, the mrs does more miles than me with doing the school runs as well as commuting to work.

we are going to wales for a few days at easter, just hope the welsh will have diesel in their petrol stations and sell it to invaders ??
Thanks given by:
silverzx Wrote:You chuck all your used oil in the tank Darren? Got some sat on the drive and I keep eyeing it up. :/

It's generally fine to do this, as long as the oil isn't badly contaminated.

Just don't get pulled over by the rozzers Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I wouldnt put it in my decent motors, but fine in cars you dont care about....just carry a spare filter incase you drag up some crap... iirc its illegal for some stupid reason tho so dont blame me.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:VEG OIL FTMFW!

You say this mate but i went Tesco half an hour ago and the shelfs of tesco had been cleared of any bottles of veg or sunflower oil over 1l.

Had to hunt down one of the monkeys to get my 2x5l drums for a tenner (or 6 for £30)
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:VEG OIL FTMFW!

You say this mate but i went Tesco half an hour ago and the shelfs of tesco had been cleared of any bottles of veg or sunflower oil over 1l.

Had to hunt down one of the monkeys to get my 2x5l drums for a tenner (or 6 for £30)
Chinese wholesale down road from me sells 20l ktc veg for 19.99 and always has hundreds of litres of stock :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^^ Im off to costco tomorrow for 20l for £18.49

That or I might abuse Taes staff discount and make that 10l for a tenner into 10l for £9
Thanks given by:
I can get veg for 17.50 20l. Good thing about me used to working in a take away Smile. Shame I didn't buy d turbo though Sad
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
daddyfixit Wrote:stations up here are limiting you to 20 litres and cutting the pump off as it gets there !!!

i went to tesco yesterday, queued for 25 mins and put £60 in the 306 !! that will last me about 6 weeks of work commuting only.

went back this evening in the galaxy, filled the tank and even filled a jerry can that has resided in the garage for years without ever seeing the light of day, the mrs does more miles than me with doing the school runs as well as commuting to work.

we are going to wales for a few days at easter, just hope the welsh will have diesel in their petrol stations and sell it to invaders ??

FLOL at this. I assume you're joking, if you're not you're one of them so I don't know why you're posting in here. lol

Fair play to the stations limiting it, at least somebody has brains to see it coming and the balls to implement it. Thing is it only takes one idiot to cause a stampede, everyone else jumps in so they don't get stuck. Bunch of f*cking mongs in this country... Doh
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This country is f*cked up, WTAF is the need, they are striking for 2 days, fuel stations hold usually around 3 days supply, if everyone carried on as normal there would be no problem would there if you think about it........

How is it possible to be so damn stupid and what ever happened to common sense?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
and to be truthful im suprised some garages havnt put the prices up.
Thanks given by:
A garage near me is always expensive but they put their prices up to 149.9 for unleaded! People were still queuing on the road Doh
Thanks given by:
£143.9 here was £134.9 yesterday. That's takes the major piss. And that's the cheap esso round the corner. I'd hate to see what the Shell is like down the road. Now thy is always expensive
Thanks given by:
just been told that if they do strike then they have to give 7 days notice to do this. if thats true then all these people queing at the pumps now will have to do it all again cause they would have ran out by the time they acually strike. der brains. and as mark pointed out, if everyone just calmed the fuuck down then their wont be a problem as the garages have enough stocks to last.
Thanks given by:
It's always been a 7day notice period lol. That's what makes this panic buyin so stupid
Thanks given by:
i need to deisel up my work van but really carnt be arsed with all the queing. trouble is i need to cause ive had the day off to get loads a shite sorted. not looking forward to this. wonder if the van will take a bocsh pump so i can run it on veg lol. or even go see my mate who owns a farm and get him to top me up with some cherry. lol
Thanks given by:
Just leave it a few days and everyone will have so much fuel that they don't need to buy any more and the garages will all be empty lmao

We live in a nation of idiots........FACT
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Meh if they have the panic now then all the stations will be restocked when the actual strike happens! Lol
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Megamonkey Wrote:Meh if they have the panic now then all the stations will be restocked when the actual strike happens! Lol

Thats what I meant above lol it was just badly worded, empty as in of people, not fuel lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Even at 8 o'clock last night people were still queuing for fuel.. had to pay £146.9 a litre for diesel Sad
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Even at 8 o'clock last night people were still queuing for fuel.. had to pay £146.9 a litre for diesel Sad

f*ck, thats gone up a lot, that would make a tank full £8814 if you could get 60L in, glad its not that much here!

lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by: