My computer clean/rebuild with it's new motherboard!

Poll: Do I swap out the CPU?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AMD FX 8 Core
66.67%
2 66.67%
Intel I7 6 Core
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My computer clean/rebuild with it's new motherboard!
So thought I'd put a post on of my crappy custom built money soaked piece of crap computer, it has a crappy case at the moment as I'm getting a Thermaltake Level 10 case for it (£120 Tongue)

Here's the Specs I WAS running it on:

16GB DDR3 Ram 1333MHz
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4GHz overclocked to 4.5GHz)
1000W PSU Thermaltake Silent Pro
Asus HD Radeon 6670 1GB DDR5 910MHz overclocked to 1100MHz
500GB HDD for the OS
2TB HDD for my music, videos, pics and stuff
5.1 Sound blaster sound card
Gigabyte motherboard (which is dead cause I fried it)
Cyborg R.A.T 3 mouse
Cyborg V5 Keyboard
Samson CO1U mic
7 in 1 card reader

Here are the specs I'm running it on now (very close to the one's before)

8GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHz
AMD Phenom II X6 3.2GHz
1000W PSU Thermaltake Silent Pro
Asus HD Radeon 6670 1GB DDR5 910MHz overclocked to 1100MHz
250GB SSD for the OS
500GB HDD random stuff
2TB HDD for my music, videos, pics and stuff
5.1 Sound blaster sound card
Asus motherboard
Cyborg R.A.T 3 mouse
Cyborg V5 Keyboard
Samson CO1U mic
7 in 1 card reader

Later on I make plans to water cool it when I get the Thermaltake Level 10 case!

Here's pics

[Image: photo1_zps453636a0.jpg]
[Image: photo2_zps4a5e7d43.jpg]

Look at this after 6 months of use at my mums......

[Image: photo12_zps345ebdc0.jpg]

[Image: photo22_zps477a0d5d.jpg]
[Image: photo3_zps0eb8afa2.jpg]
[Image: photo4_zpsb1f8619b.jpg]

Now the new one
[Image: photo5_zpsdfdb649e.jpg]
[Image: photo_zpsd5b140f8.jpg]

Only thing it needs now is Thermal Paste so hoping that comes tomorrow so I can get the bag of crap powered up again Smile Then my Teamspeak Server and stuff can be running again!
Thanks given by:
Jesus that's dirty. Get some compressed air on everything and clean it up.
Thanks given by:
get intel

/end thread
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as Sam says, that could do with a damn good clean! lol That'll be helping your operating temps a treat!

It's personal preference really when it comes to processors, I just prefer AMD over Intel. Its not that i've got anything against Intel, or that i think they're rubbish, I'd just rather run AMD in my rig. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, did you say "water cooled" ?
Thanks given by:
mine is water cooled, .. runs 4.8ghz all day long and never gets about 40degrees..

the gfx cards on the other hand.. seperate radiator, and 3 GTX670s and i need pure glycol to stop it boiling almost lol
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Run a iteration of HPL and see if she doesn't boil Wink

Also - it's a shame about AMD really, used to be a real competitor to Intel around the Netburst/K8 era, just nowhere NEAR these days... I mean totally different ballpark. The FX-9590 is supposed to compete with the 4770k - yet it's a 220w chip!

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY WATTS from a CPU!!!!

The 4770k is 84w - and essentially wipes the floor with it in every test.

If you want insane core counts though, you can get 64 AMD CPU cores in one box for absolutely naff all mind!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The Phenom II X4 I still got was awesome, didn't need overclocking but I still did, I went for a 6 core to see what it's like but looking into another chip, I've always has AMD but my mums always run Intel and I personally thing AMD are better, I dunno why just they seem to be a lot easier to overclock and run at a tad lower temp and with all that crap inside my computer it never went over 35c idle and 55c under full load, lol, guess I'm cleaning it all off to see what it runs at then!

I was thinking AMD 8 core but heard off a few tech guys that my Phenom II X4 is better for all round use....

(27-06-2014, 09:49 PM)DavidA Wrote: I'm sorry, did you say "water cooled" ?

Yeah I'm gonna put it in a bath tub full of water, that's what you do to water cool right? Joke mate, yeah gonna water cool it soon, got all the blocks and stuff ready, the res ready, rad ready, clips, hoses, water (none conductive) so shouldn't be that bad, I just need a good enough pump!
Thanks given by:
Arghhh the good old days, I used to waste all my money on new builds all the time. Then I grew up and bought a car ;-)

My system been broke for the last 5 years, just never could be arsed to fix it completely lost interest.

Still interesting to see what's around. I've always been a big intel fan, built a second computer for the rest of the family to use running amd but it was always a bit crashy. Can't remember specs of either of them now.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never bought the latest tech, always waited till the next thing was out then bought the last.. more than enough power, half the cost
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 07:59 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Arghhh the good old days, I used to waste all my money on new builds all the time. Then I grew up and bought a car ;-)

My system been broke for the last 5 years, just never could be arsed to fix it completely lost interest.

Still interesting to see what's around. I've always been a big intel fan, built a second computer for the rest of the family to use running amd but it was always a bit crashy. Can't remember specs of either of them now.

Maybe some people like both? Messing with there bangers and messing with there lumps of no good for nothing metal? I know I do...... Whenever I'm not messing with a car I'm always trying to push the computer just that little more...
Thanks given by:
You can't over clock an Intel chip as much as amd? Your doing it wrong... amd if your on a budget Intel if you want the best

You can't over clock an Intel chip as much as amd? Your doing it wrong... amd if your on a budget Intel if you want the best
Thanks given by:
Your computers shit.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2014, 01:12 PM)Tom Wrote: Your computers shit.

Im sure when hes back he will proceed too tell you your typeR is shit and will be promptly set on fire.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
locking this as I dont want world war 5 when he returns
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer gurus - crashing PC ginge191 8 1,869 24-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Computer People - Is this a virus? Toms306 53 12,339 28-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR