Unpleasant black strip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpleasant black strip
Thumbs Down 
What is the black plastic that is between the edge of the door and the drivers or passengers front windows. It looks like some form of tape and it's been partially picked off so needs replacing any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Yeah they tend to peel on some..
Some take it off and polish it up, as its just painted underneath, but you may find its a different colour!! Due to age etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought about taking it off but it would look odd. Any idea where I can get new ones from?
Thanks given by:
It looks proper shit if you take it off and leave it body-coloured.

I replaced mine with some black sign writing vinyl on eBay, couple of quid, job done! Trick is to take your time, wind the window right down and pull the window rubber away from the edge of the door. It won't last long unless you wrap it underneath the window rubber so cut a section much bigger than you need and trim the excess off afterwards. It takes longer then you'd expect with a squeegee if you're a perfectionist, it's tough getting all those air bubbles out!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 08:16 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: It looks proper shit if you take it off and leave it body-coloured.

This!!!

Looks really weird especially on light coloured cars.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've took mine off I think it looks alright :/
Thanks given by:
Is your car black judging by your avatar? If so, I can't believe you posted that!
Thanks given by:
its only ok if youve a black car or maybe astor, looks shit on almost everything else.
I do think itd look better with glossy vinyl though
Thanks given by:
Black cars don't have them do they,? Now I feel like a penis Sad, there were off when I bought the car thought they'd already been done
Thanks given by:
I replaced one on mine... Its better but its a pain to get all the glue off. Im going to see if i can get the dimensions of them and get my vinyl cutter to make some up.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 02:09 PM)deggerz Wrote: Black cars don't have them do they,? Now I feel like a penis Sad, there were off when I bought the car thought they'd already been done

They do from the factory, but often are removed.

They're to join the bit between the glass, making it look like one continuous section - looks really weird without it!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've bought the vinal herring and am going to replace them tomorrow if it's not raining see what it looks lik after !!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black strip just behind front door glass maxaret 26 5,384 02-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Last Post: maxaret
Question To strip or not to strip, that is the question.... impotentials 26 4,789 13-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  help with plastic strip on door DTurboTom 8 1,319 28-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Dom