Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)
Opie Oils are good to me :p

[Image: 1DB4D5F8-D99B-4CAD-A82A-A9A9E3064435_zpsm69n0anr.jpg]

Also got rid of that shit decal, carb cleaner and a razor blade made very light work of it...
[Image: DC9F11EC-427D-4056-AF34-ACBB3A30074F_zpstqxjczes.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
£55 to fill?

That's the biggest bull-shit I've heard on here for days! Big Grin

It's a 50 litre tank BRO.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Just cost me 60quid to fill it with vpower YO!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah to fill it from quarter tank maybe...
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope fuel light had just come on! First time i've seen the light lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: A703B086-078F-4929-82F5-A3151126B8DE_zpsk5pr8ah4.jpg]

Woopwoop! And fitted!!

[Image: 81693E5C-A0AF-4ACF-88CC-EC8A6F81E560_zpsqgmskbb1.jpg]

Goodyear Eagle f1, so far they feel smooth and are silent, need to give them a couple days before i check the grip :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I thought it was compulsory to do a 30 second burn out when new tyres have been fitted?

"Bedding in" they said.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ideally you want 500 miles of easy driving for scrubbing them in but in reality, that never happens haha. I had Eagle F1s and they seemed fine until they got to about 3mm and then turned to shite!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
They are ridiculously quiet, and feel pretty good so far, going work in a few hours so will get some sleep and hopefully get some speed up on the way in and check they feel good Big Grin I was keen to go Michelin again but at 130 a corner i just couldnt do it Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So it turns out hondas have engine mount issues aswell! Rubber spilts, oil leaks out, mounts f*cked... It looked like this when i man handled it out, but it really didnt take much to tear the top off, it cant of been doing alot. And the nut was on so tight my ring ended spanner rounded off the whole nut in one go, first time i've done that Undecided So yeah i just cut it off (thats why its in so many pieces :p)

[Image: 5F398AF1-46CF-4A6E-BD22-C551DA48674B_zpsckzzezil.jpg]

And then my nice new Vibratechnics one...

[Image: 117EB863-D326-4107-88AF-CAEB0D738D06_zpsyfiyjvdn.jpg]

I must say i think the mount is a bit expensive for what it is, i can appreciate all the R&D gone into it but it just strike me as something that cost them anywhere near 150 quid to make? You can see where the edges have been plasma cut and not ground back, it just looks like 2 bits of metal with a rubber ball and a bolt through the middle, perhaps thats just me being tight? Hopefully it will all be worth while when i drive it in a second...

Also like the way the 306 forum is a must update (first thing to do) and the honda forum update is a "i might do it if i find some time where i cant think of anything better to do"
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Jap-scrap prices. Welcome to the world of getting MUGGED off.

Gotta love the Peugeots when it comes to saving pennies.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I have noticed that, silly big expensive tyres, honda main dealer is rude as anything, as soon as he found out i wasnt going to buy the oem mount for all 165quid he pretty much said thanks bye as i was still talking and hung up, prick.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's shiny though surely that's worth the money alone Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 02:46 PM)Tom Wrote: I have noticed that, silly big expensive tyres, honda main dealer is rude as anything, as soon as he found out i wasnt going to buy the oem mount for all 165quid he pretty much said thanks bye as i was still talking and hung up, prick.

That's part of the image of being a Honda Type R fan boy (especially a 52 plate which is VERY affordable for most people including chavs).

People won't take you seriously, your just another chav!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ambers civic had the same mount problem, made the whole car shake on idle after I changed it though!
Thanks given by:
Damnit im a chav Sad i think mines vibrating less on idle now...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Are you gonna go 'scene' on us? Isn't that what the JDM guys are into? Befriend Pellowe? Hes cool 'cause hes got an e36 & painted it like a german police car.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 03:35 PM)Tom Wrote: Damnit im a chav Sad i think mines vibrating less on idle now...

Step 1 to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Im just going to carry on being me...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ive just read this whole thread. Most of it is the most pointless conversation ever. My diesels quicker, my petrols quicker. Race, prove it or who cares. Does it put a smile on your face when you drive? Yes, then who cares. Hondas are not my cup of tea I dont get on with them but they are VERY good cars to be fair. Reliable and pokey. The actual vtech (yo) system honda has never had a reported failure of a standard one unless due to neglet.
Ps if you drive round with windows open and blaring bass at 2mph through the town centre. You sir are a chav. If not your fine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 05:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ive just read this whole thread. Most of it is the most pointless conversation ever. My diesels quicker, my petrols quicker. Race, prove it or who cares. Does it put a smile on your face when you drive? Yes, then who cares

But...but...HDis are quicker?! haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-06-2014, 05:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ive just read this whole thread. Most of it is the most pointless conversation ever. My diesels quicker, my petrols quicker. Race, prove it or who cares. Does it put a smile on your face when you drive? Yes, then who cares

But...but...HDis are quicker?! haha

Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 05:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ps if you drive round with windows open and blaring bass at 2mph through the town centre. You sir are a chav. If not your fine.

Pfft that's not being a chav.... It's tyre chirps from traffic lights, limiter off of roundabouts and dropping a gear to make exhaust noises everywhere!! Don't tell me I've been doing it wrong all this time! Confused
Thanks given by:
Dam it I'm a chav
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 05:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-06-2014, 05:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ps if you drive round with windows open and blaring bass at 2mph through the town centre. You sir are a chav. If not your fine.

Pfft that's not being a chav.... It's tyre chirps from traffic lights, limiter off of roundabouts and dropping a gear to make exhaust noises everywhere!! Don't tell me I've been doing it wrong all this time! Confused

Not going to lie, i can tick all of them boxes lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I wasn't joking...just can't help myself haha!! The looks I got doing it in a standard Vectra though, priceless! lol
Thanks given by:
Well according to Toms description i am a chav... Ooops.

Im more of a rock/metal fan though...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 06:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Well according to Toms description i am a chav... Ooops.

You cant play metal in a Civic! Confused

But on another note, hope you sorted that mount alright.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAfJXugsBk&feature=kp

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
only in america Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 10:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-06-2014, 06:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Well according to Toms description i am a chav... Ooops.

You cant play metal in a Civic! Confused

But on another note, hope you sorted that mount alright.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAfJXugsBk&feature=kp

Big Grin

What a heroic laugh! Its almost looks setup, the way the whole front falls off aswell, very good though!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: