Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)
Well here it is, the car i bought to use day to day. Its comfortable, reliable, quiet, fast and everything in between and im quite enjoying it. Couple pics for you guys...

[Image: IMGP2768_zps7853e9f7.jpg]

[Image: IMGP2767_zps300b8807.jpg]

Got a new nob for maximum vtec powaaa

[Image: IMGP2763_zpsb1b580e9.jpg]

Lovely place to be inside...
[Image: IMGP2765_zps6fd155d0.jpg]

And so good to me in the mornings, 3 minutes of the engine running and i have warm air, absolutely incredible.

Hopefully you lot dont mind me putting a thread up here, joined a type r forum and made a post in the broke section no reply in 2 days and made a project thread and got one reply, its just dead. And also i enjoy blogging my progress and whats going on Smile

I also replaced the throttle body gasket today because i killed the other one whilst cleaning the IACV (petrol crap)

[Image: 8766D273-DF50-4A98-AA1A-C63CCFD43A3E_zpszlek1pfj.jpg]

Rip away
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Fun cars to drive etcetc, BUT needs moarrr torque.

Stage 2 HDi sits on them easily, and would have a std one to a tonne.

Any plans?
Thanks given by:
Looks identical to the one I destroyed a few years back in the pug lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Why did you buy that Tom? A '6 would have one and a stage 1 DT would destroy it. They have no torque, are useless and slow because they don't deliver power in one big lump.

Rolleyes

Looks good man, enjoy it.
Thanks given by:
Amen ^^^

These look and can sound the part but for half the price, as said, you could've had something just as quick. Then again, I guess, you're paying for the reg and lowish miles?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 08:27 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Amen ^^^

These look and can sound the part but for half the price, as said, you could've had something just as quick. Then again, I guess, you're paying for the reg and lowish miles?

lol Straight over the head!

Personally i love these. Driving position is a bit marmite but i think they are a good looking car and you can scream VTEC Y0 when driving everywhere!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Good car. Expensive and underpowered and poor on fuel....but good car Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 08:15 PM)Curt Wrote: Why did you buy that Tom? A '6 would have one and a stage 1 DT would destroy it. They have no torque, are useless and slow because they don't deliver power in one big lump.

Rolleyes

Looks good man, enjoy it.

lol

Nice one Tom, always wanted one of these myself lol. Would think its a bit thirsty for a daily, but depends how many miles you do I guess! Honda reliability ftw though!
Thanks given by:
Nice tom,great drivers car Smile

I do love these though they're f*ck ugly lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Feel your pain with other forms all crap Undecided

I'd love a vtec Honda tbh I just love the noise but that's the only reason I'd own one........ Any way get some videos up of its acceleration and vtec noise Wink

Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 08:27 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Amen ^^^

Woosh...
Thanks given by:
He's paying for unicorn power!!! Vteeeeccc madness
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Love the sound of theseInlove
Thanks given by:
I kinda like them, the main problem with Honda type r's are the drivers :-P
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good cars not for me though. Drove a few and they seem to work too well.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Poor on fuel? Are you mad? Its awesome on fuel, im a hooligan and i get 30mpg. Sensible everywhere it would do 40mpg quite easiely. I didnt buy it simply for speed i bought it for a combination of things. But i do completely disagree with the 6 comments its fastter than a 6, not fast enough to come past if your out hooning, they are very close matched, but in a straight line the type r would slowly pull away. But its not about speed its about how you feel behind the wheel. But thanks for the nice comments guys Smile x

Also will get some vids soon :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's obviously going to be quicker than a 6 in a straight line, 200bhp and 9krpm vs 167bhp and a touch over 7k

They are surprisingly close though, a gti6 just seems to have that edge on handling that gives a civic a very hard time
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 07:32 AM)Tom Wrote: Poor on fuel? Are you mad? Its awesome on fuel, im a hooligan and i get 30mpg.

I think our idea of 'awesome on fuel' differs there! lol

It's good for the engine size/power, I agree, just don't think many people could fuel a 30mpg daily lol. Oh and forget the 'sensible' 40mpg figure, how often are you gonna be sensible in it. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Haha i should of said awesome for what it is Wink just depends on your out goings really. I live at home, dont drink or smoke nor have a girlfriend, or a life my the sounds of it lol, so i can afford to run something that puts a smile on my face!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Had a play with one of these yesterday, it lost. Looks a good example, but no boosted dturbo.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Just to clarify, as it seems to have been missed... The top half of my post was sarcasm because of the posts that you inevitably will get... I don't really think a '6 or stage 1 DT is faster. Not that I care. They're good cars and I love a bit of VTEC.

I know sarcasm can be hard to interpret over the internet but I thought it was obvious lol
Thanks given by:
I like them and they're getting good value now. Shame about the number of dubiously modified ones out there.

It's a shame that Honda didn't fit an LSD as standard (like the JDM models got) and particularly that they made such a poor job of the steering feel with the e-PAS which ultimately spoils the car somewhat for me, but I appreciate that I'm fussy in that regard and 99% of people wouldn't care. As a modern hot hatch they are good, riotous fun though and for a daily you can't really fault them as they're practical, comfortable and reliable to boot.

Some of the comments on here are baffling if not outright laughable though. Slow? No torque? Poor on fuel? lol

For a 2.0 N/A engine it's brilliant frankly and if you keep it on the boil they're certainly no slouch.

I can only assume that people don't understand the concept of gearing and using a gearbox to extract performance.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 09:59 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: I can only assume that people don't understand the concept of gearing and using a gearbox to extract performance.

That's exactly the problem for most, because diesels rule around these parts and people don't seem to really get the point of a decent petrol. The lazy driving style of a diesel is obviously miles apart from a petrol which you have to wind up and keep in the cam zone. Just because there isn't a massive wave of torque and lump of power, doesn't make a car slow, it makes it more progressive and linear. I think that's what a lot of people forget.
Thanks given by:
^^^ this. I love the forward thinking involved driving a powerful petrol car, is it just me who enjoys blasting up and down the box on an enthusiastic drive?

Driving my hdi feels almost like an auto sometimes, quickly up to 5th then that's pretty much it until you stop again lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not just you Ozone, I'm the same with HDi's, or any diesel I've owned tbh!

You're always waiting for boost, then get it all dumped in quickly and run out of gear, change up and the same again....boooooring! lol Doesn't matter how much power it's got, I just don't like turbo diesel delivery.

The anticipation and the linear pull of a petrol is so much nicer for a B road blast imo, and the noise as its reaching the climax as well mmmmm....but I'm also poor and lazy, so decent mpg and being able to do hill starts just on the clutch is also good for me lol, always a compromise. lol
Thanks given by:
Averaging 28mpg, just brimmed the tank (second time this week) lol

I knew this would cause a stir but i know there are some on this forum who i still talk to, and some that are slighty open minded about cars, if i didnt get the blinkered gti6 destroys everything answer i would be worried what happened to you lot! :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good effort mate! Seem very capable cars from my experience.

Had a fair few tussles with them and I know someone who owned one, and the six only just has the edge in the bends, but its very close. I was really considering one for a daily, but cant quite justify the costs at the minute.

What sort of driving do you do? My commute is 15 miles each way, mainly b road and some town driving. Think I should be able to keep over 30mpg?
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
Haha all the criticisms about people saying they lack torque.

They do, they need to be revved to the hills to go anywhere.

Yes they are a quick NA, yes they do drive well but a well tuned diesel will sit with them.

The only reason I said so is because a lot of arsepieces drive them and think they are the be all and end all of road going cars, only to be shown up by something that 'shouldn't' in their eyes.

Tom I would assume isnt of that nature due to having owned quick diesels and knowing how capable they are, but it was merely a statement.

A nice cam and some induction/exhaust mods and mapping can see them at a better figure and the new found noise is even nicer!!
Thanks given by:
Decent enough cars that handle well, but they're numb as fook. Pretty damn ugly too, always makes me think ricer who can't afford proper-wheel drive. Also has a very similar driving position to the Jazz, which is just plain crap imo, especially the stupid gearstick. Would have to be the series before if i was to have one (ep..? Or are these ep? meh, teh ones wot came before lol), which is tempting tbf because v-tec, but then again i could buy v-tec in a proper chassis (teggy), so... As long as you're happy lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
End of the day, of course it will need to be revved to go anywhere quick. Thats just a characteristic of NA Petrols. Unfortunately most on here though are used to TDs which make peak torque low then run out of puff before the likes of a gti6 has even come into its torque band.
When looking for cars i did consider a type S one of these (before i could afford to insure a type r or gti now). Seem to get a fair bit for you money but would like to go out in one properly.

For the sake of keeping up appearances and keeping the reputation of the forum, please disregard everything above and refer to the following comment:

What the f*ck did you buy that for? Slow as shit and a 306 with a TD04 will destroy it especially in the twists and still do 180mpg.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: