Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)
Not my cuppa t Tom but if your happy fella..feck'em Smile

If it's a daily keep it std and make it shine and keep the value in it Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
A petrol daily is so much nicer to own than a diesel, particularly in the winter months! The quiet engine pumps warm air into the cabin in no-time which means you get a clear windscreen quicker too normally. I'm thinking of moving closer to work and I reckon anything less than a 10 mile commute will see me back in a petrol.

RE the Autocar thing, be interesting to see the actual cars tested, guessing the Celica was not a T Sport to have been beaten by a bloody Focus lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
For warm air it is incredible, its at vtec/operating temp in under 5 mins of just idle. And you cant do any vtec until its warmed up it just limits at 5.5krpm and same as when your not moving, it just revs to 5.5k and stops.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tiff missed a few cars out....
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
lmao
Thanks given by:
Pmsl at Lewis
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
lmao

rep that man!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Repped lmao

[Image: IMGP2775_zps35627428.jpg]

[Image: IMGP2771_zpsf9bbda31.jpg]

[Image: IMGP2772_zps3211fa95.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha! lol That's better Lewis. Wink

Oh and the pics don't work Tom, unless its my dodgy internet failing to load them in time lol.
Thanks given by:
They work for me tom, gotta say mate I do like these definitely a good upgrade from the 205 just wish I could afford to run one daily haha
Thanks given by:
Looks well, wheel colour goes very well with the silver.
Thanks given by:
Its cheaper to run than a '6! Thanks for kind words chaps. Funny that i have like 2 reply on a type r forum but 3 pages on here!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
To be fair to the typeR forum, its quite plain/stock.

And they suck.

And we are amazing......

At arguing anyway! lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What the f*ck is this? I disappear for 2 weeks and you get a type r?

Seriously looks cool though man!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Post a diesel 306 on the type r forum, bet that gets replies! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'll get shot for this, but; I seriously have a soft spot for these.

A much better looking car than the latest shape IMO ThumbsUp
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 09:13 AM)Grant Wrote: I'll get shot for this, but; I seriously have a soft spot for these.

Better handling too arn't they? These have independent rear suspension and the newer ones are torsion bar?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 09:26 AM)lolsteve Wrote:
(16-06-2014, 09:13 AM)Grant Wrote: I'll get shot for this, but; I seriously have a soft spot for these.

Better handling too arn't they? These have independent rear suspension and the newer ones are torsion bar?

They may be. But nothing out handles a 306 Stephen. Not even another 306.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 10:38 AM)Grant Wrote:
(16-06-2014, 09:26 AM)lolsteve Wrote:

They may be. But nothing out handles a 306 Stephen. Not even another 306.

Handling is subjective. Ultimately these have ePAS which was heavily criticised at the time, some stating it as far too 'over-assisted'. There was no hydraulic PAS offered on the EP Civic Type R so the steering feel is not the best.

Granted, stock these have a bigger footprint on the road than an old 306 (205 section tyres) and generate more grip mechanically. I expect a GTi6 would have difficulty keeping up on track if both drivers were evenly matched.

But a Stage 2 HDi on the other hand...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 06:36 AM)Tom Wrote: Its cheaper to run than a '6! Thanks for kind words chaps. Funny that i have like 2 reply on a type r forum but 3 pages on here!!

Cheaper than a 6? I best be selling up then :p

But I might get a stage 2 hdi instead ya'know seeing as it'll be cheaper and way faster

In all seriousness how much do you get to a tank and how bigs the tank?
Thanks given by:
300miles to a tabk is all i expect which is a reasonable amount of vtec but not like on track or anything! Costs 55quid to fill. I generally get 30mpg, which im happy with really.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Damn I get about the same from the 6 but its more to fill, didnt realise these were that good
Thanks given by:
<stirring it up>

In my 306 I get 35mpg on a run, and its much faster than a type R Wink
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
Depends how and where i drive really, im on 200 miles to half a tank at the minute, but the second half goes a bit quicker, and i have done a bit of running around this week. Oh and its been super sunny and i've had a few crazy moments.

Also trying Vpower for my next couple tanks, the gay honda fanboys seem to think it does something, so im going to give it a go. Im turning into one of them already Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I used to use vpower in mine all the time

what oil are you useing? Do been checking how much it uses?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Just changed it to ester sythetic gulf competition, yeah i check it twice a week at the minute, not using a drop so far and very very clean.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate. I have heard they can be crap on fuel, but its probably just because there is better out there. For the performance you get, I'd say its worth while.

Might have to look into getting one for a daily, i hate my diesel 306 lol
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
I love this car, does such a great job of nice to drive daily and epic hooning motor in one package
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Smart that dude, do like these but do prefer the face lift model, but these to sound savage the a spoon n1
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Might of got carried away in the moment last night... Full set of goodyear eagle f1's on the way
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: