A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END
f*cking scroats! Glad all is well mate, hope you get the pricks
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
I think it looks like its been a tempt of a robbing rather than stealing, as I think, i know what they were after. I noticed to day, and this maybe a warning in future to us all. There is a mark off the sucker from my satnav, and i think they took the chance to see if it, was still in the car. Which it wasn't sadly for them, also with them clocking it didn't have a radio either, it was a bit of a deal breaker for them. Mind if they had stolen the car, and decided to give it some, I can tell you, they wouldn't survive their little rave. As this thing will kill! My dads nearly binned this twice, by trying it to push it.
Its a car that must be driven with respect, due to the power it has at the front wheels.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about the damage from the attempted theft, but at least they didn't succeed.

I do agree with Ruan though - you're only masking the issue with thicker oil and the underlying issue is still there.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 02:15 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Sorry to hear about the damage from the attempted theft, but at least they didn't succeed.

I do agree with Ruan though - you're only masking the issue with thicker oil and the underlying issue is still there.

well what i have done, is switched this over to my daily, as it could just need a bloody good run, instead of been used here and there. I am still planning on doing the engine rebuild. As my dad is thinking we should rebuild the bottom end too, while we are at it with the head. Which isn't a bad idea.

Thanks given by:
ThumbsUp good works
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 01:52 PM)procta Wrote: This thing will kill! My dads nearly binned this twice, by trying it to push it.
Its a car that must be driven with respect, due to the power it has at the front wheels.

QFT

Sorry to hear some arseholes have made into your car, boils the blood to think someone has taken a swipe at something you hold dear. Thankfully they didn't get away with anything
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2015, 11:28 PM)procta Wrote: Or they have bailed out when they twigged that they were on camera.

There's usually a few prime suspects so hopefully the police will recognise the culprits. I'm getting a camera setup at my house asap.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 08:20 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 01:52 PM)procta Wrote: This thing will kill! My dads nearly binned this twice, by trying it to push it.

QFT

Sorry to hear some arseholes have made into your car, boils the blood to think someone has taken a swipe at something you hold dear. Thankfully they didn't get away with anything

Well I think blaggings and theft have started here, I heard that were I used to work, one of the lads got his 1700 quid motorbike stolen, from out side of work. The lad had only just got it aswell, that got nicked on sunday.    

(04-11-2015, 11:27 AM)Jiffy Wrote:
(31-10-2015, 11:28 PM)procta Wrote: Or they have bailed out when they twigged that they were on camera.

There's usually a few prime suspects so hopefully the police will recognise the culprits. I'm getting a camera setup at my house asap.
best off doing that tbh, as we have some one that lives in a half way house is a right old thief, I am suspecting the fuckin faggot may have had a go at my car.
Thanks given by:
well I have been using this for work for 2 weeks and it seems happy, but I am ditching the waterless coolant, as its been more bother than its worth, I don't think this engine likes it at all. As the problems started when I switched to this stuff. So I think it could be that getting smoked out of the system, As it never did that with water. Its not Head gasket failure, as the car isn't getting mad hot.
So to night I have dropped the f*cking lot out and flushed the system.

Got to say the car is a little famous, with the sunderland lads. I was talking to one of the line engineers, who was sorting one of the machines out. He has a rare Vauxhall. He said I pass a very rare car when I go shopping with our lass, but not sure if its on the road, as it doesn't really move. I said what is it?  He said its a blue metro, ( I wonder who's it is? any ideas?   Itwasntme  ) 

Also I have one lad come out of work or his car, to look at it! He said that's mint that!! Never saw one for years!
He said keep her on the road as long as possible!
One lass on the other line, asked if I had a metro, and I asked why. She had a one new as a 1st car 20 years ago and loved it to bits, and it was great to see one again after all these years!
I have had someone knock at the door about the car too, it was the lad with the metro rio, which I may have mentioned in my rare cars thread. His mate told him where mine was, He said we must be the only two left now, in sunderland with metros. I said his could be the last Metro Rio L reg, and I have the last H plate one. He asked why mine has different bits on, which I said mine is a cross over from the mk2. I didn't tell him about my setup, as I cannot be sure if it could have been blagged for parts. 
As it seems odd that some blags it and then I get a knock asking if its for sale. I made a point about it been blagged. He said I will get a disklok on mine as I did lose a metro years ago.
 Also I found the wire used to pop the lock today, so it has been someone who has been after it by the looks of it, Not a random hit as I thought.
Thanks given by:
Just because its not getting hot does not mean the HG hasn't gone. And regardless of if its waterless coolant or just water, the point still stands that if its being pumped out of the exhaust, there is still a leak regardless of if you fill it with coolant or custard!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 06:24 PM)Niall Wrote: Just because its not getting hot does not mean the HG hasn't gone. And regardless of if its waterless coolant or just water, the point still stands that if its being pumped out of the exhaust, there is still a leak regardless of if you fill it with coolant or custard!

i know that, i have been with these engines for 10 years. The head gasket hasn't gone if it had i would be chucking more coolant than the days of the week, or the oil would be in the tank, the temp would be jumping through the roof, which it isn't, The car is pulling strong as it did when we fitted the engine 5 years ago.
The waterless coolant doesn't pressurise either, which i am not getting any pressure either. 
Even when i ran it with water, it was bob on. I thought i may be done the engine a favour, by running the waterless stuff.
i maybe running the wrong stuff too, as you do get different types of waterless coolant. As these are very fussy with coolant. i may have to run the green instead of the red. 
They do not like the blue stuff i tell you that, and that's going back to 2003 when i had my 1st metro, even the 1.4 16v wasn't all that keen on it either.
Also remember this thing doesn't do many miles either and i don't drive it like it stolen, i treat it like my 1st car, and let it warm up.
Thanks given by:
oioi!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/metro-moke-rar...2140008371
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 07:14 PM)Eeyore Wrote: oioi!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/metro-moke-rar...2140008371

That needs the 1.5 Derv engine in that! be too rude to 1.8 in it,
Thanks given by:
I know all engines have common issues but never forget that it is possible for other things to happen. It is possible for a HG to have gone between a cylinder and waterway. Just a thought. Worth checking.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 09:08 PM)Niall Wrote: I know all engines have common issues but never forget that it is possible for other things to happen. It is possible for a HG to have gone between a cylinder and waterway. Just a thought. Worth checking.

This is what happened to my alfa.. No overheating, still drove fine etc etc but loosing collant through it..

If you aint getting any pressure at all you sure the cap is ok?
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 09:08 PM)Niall Wrote: I know all engines have common issues but never forget that it is possible for other things to happen. It is possible for a HG to have gone between a cylinder and waterway. Just a thought. Worth checking.

That's true, we haven't ruled anything out with this engine, as its all about diagnostics now. If it turns out to be the head etc, the engine will get rebuilt. Might as well go the full smash while the head is off.

(14-11-2015, 10:48 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:

This is what happened to my alfa.. No overheating, still drove fine etc etc but loosing collant through it..

If you aint getting any pressure at all you sure the cap is ok?
I replaced the cap, When I did the waterless conversion, I may replace that again in case it has failed, I still have the old one which was spot on. ( kept it as a spare)

I am toying with the idea of fitting a quick shift and I am going to get my old GTA bumpers painted blue, that could be after the new year. I need to wire in my gauges at some point as I installed the sensor for the oil pressure. Saw a proper oil cooler on ebay, for this engine. Not sure if I will go for it with this, as I read it wont do anything.
Thanks given by:
Something for you Procta but be quick [Image: 8fd88c56fa1353a0e4d24ff940fa7463.jpg]
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 04:45 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Something for you Procta but be quick [Image: 8fd88c56fa1353a0e4d24ff940fa7463.jpg]

A Van Plas model, those can go for well over 2k in mint condition, Sad thing is that will be used as a donor car for a mini, due to the price. Saw it on Facebook on the metro owners group. Laugh is you can get more bits for those than you can do for mine! Due to the mount that was broken up for their engines, sad thing is A series metros can be expensive to fix. Due to the price of mini parts now.  Id love a turbo one mind, Only metros that should be Turbod and that's the mk1 and mk2s!
Thanks given by:
been a while since I have updated on here, I managed to find another Derv Rad for this, one happen to pop up on ebay, As these rads are very, very hard to come by, My dad said get that snapped up straight away! So I snapped it up for 40 quid, ideal for a spare, also we are going to look at reworking the front top pipe too, so its handy for that rather than robbing the top one off this car.
I started again this up again, and changed the cap over, to the one I had spare, and I think I may have found the fault. As I bled this up, and I think the new cap wasn't sealing as it should have been. The old one I know was fine, hence why I kept it for a spare. All the pipes pressurized up so there isn't a leak in the engine bay, but I tell you what it had a f*ck off air lock! These cars are not easy to bleed at the best of times, I need to sort the exhaust as the rubbers are moving the system. got some to go on both cars also I will resort that home made decat we made up too, as it keeps blowing lol.
Be after xmas now I think due to the weather,
Thanks given by:
Took this out today for a bit of a run, and alternator belt started to squeal like hell, and then my charging light came on. So whipped the arch cover off and found the bolt had snapped! so frig knows how the hell we are going to get that out!! but then again the adjusters on these don't really do anything. So I might just leave it as it is,
Looking at it, something has hit the alternator for the bolt to snap, as there was some damage to it.
Thanks given by:
If your still leaking coolant keep and eye on the lh side of the inlet for the alloy inlets they like going there if the manifold brace hasn't been put on, the plastic inlets fail in the middle due to the bolt layout.

Probably a useless piece of info for you though
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 09:33 PM)306Dan Wrote: If your still leaking coolant keep and eye on the lh side of the inlet for the alloy inlets they like going there if the manifold brace hasn't been put on, the plastic inlets fail in the middle due to the bolt layout.

Probably a useless piece of info for you though

I am still keeping my eye on that too,  but I think I may have found the problem with it, I think its been the waterless coolant, as a friends car is having some trouble and he is running waterless coolant.
Since I have switched back to water based, the problem seems to be going a way, So I don't think this waterless coolant is all that good as its made out be, after a mate of mine, done some further digging about it, he is starting to think the same thing. It runs the engine hotter funny enough! So that can cause damage, so what might kept this alive, could have been large rad at the front, and not been screwed,  when we did give the car some beans into the red line, it was like wasn't keen and seemed to struggle and down on power.
Since switching back, the car is back to its old self, and pulling strong. My dad didn't need to knock it down the box, to pull away.
I am still keeping my eye on everything though, like everyone says to do so.
Thanks given by:
I've never liked the waterless coolant ever since trying it in the Rotax max engines at work they where running 14 degrees hotter which isn't good on one of those
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:29 PM)306Dan Wrote: I've never liked the waterless coolant ever since trying it in the Rotax max engines at work they where running 14 degrees hotter which isn't good on one of those

After trying it out, i have to say it doesn't do as it says on the tin,
Thanks given by:
well I have been evaluating on moving this on, it would make a great base for a mg metro cup class b racer, as it has the front and rear arbs and front dampers, gti brakes, and electronics.
I decided to take it out to stretch its legs as its not ran for nearly 2 weeks. After taking it for a little tour, I thought f*ck it, I will keep it and maybe push another upgrade for the suspension, and get the bumpers changed over with new lights on the front end.
After all I wont get another one again, as these are getting very rare now and the value has jumped up.
I have to get my arse under it at some point and sort the blowing pipe, but I might just change the full system again, and be down with it.
I asked a lad at work if he can have a look at the snapped bolt, with him having the drill bits to do it. He said we can sort something out. So not all is lost there.
Nothing much for you lads to see photo wise as there is f*ck all for you to really see. Unless I wire in my gauges, again I think I might change those again too. As they are shit, ones took dampness in!
Thanks given by:
The snapped bolt is sorted, thread re tapped and alternator adjuster bracket is back on, just need to fine tune a few things, But that's a on the ramps job, and the weather is shite.
Also I won a pair of Blue window winders from a Van plas/metro city model. A few other blue bits are on there too, ie the rear cards that I had in the gta, instead of the plastic ones that are in now. Also there are blue door bins and handles too, not sure if those will fit the mk3 doors, as they use 3 bolts rather than 2.
The window winders were not on my list of upgrades but when you see something and think, why not place a cheeky bid, and I won them for peanuts anyway. you can just say see the colour difference.  
[Image: 2016-02-06%2015.37.01_zpsjdeokcgk.jpg]
Nothing really more to update really, the engine is miles better still since I binned off the waterless coolant, but I am sort of thinking on changing the exhaust, as I not to sure I like it really, also I want to check the tracking, and do a few odds and sods, but its still here and a live.
Thanks given by:
Saw this little peach on the M1 last week........

[Image: 04BE72A1-2757-47B8-A983-998587DBCEF3_zpsxn6ioj1o.png]
Thanks given by: procta
carter that might be a van plas model, with the chrome going around the window. I have to say this, the mk1 and mk2 metros have really jumped up in value, in the last 2 years! Even mine has started rise quite a bit. You cannot pick a one up for what I paid for this one now! The rio and the gta I paid 180 quid for, you have no hope and hell of picking a metro up now for that sort of money! Even a spare repair is going for 300!
Thanks given by:
Well, I put to bed the alternator trouble, as I banged a holiday in. So I have a car again!  Then took it for a little run and then some fuel. I belled a place that did my dads exhaust system, to see what exhaust options are for me. Laugh is he wanted 500 to 600 quid to do a full blown stainless system!!  The piper one is in your face, but then again that could be the bit section we made up blowing like f*ck. So I might ask my mot tester to see if he can do out with that.
I could revert the car back to standard system, which might not be a bad idea, as I haven't really seen any gains with the piper unit.
I have sorted out a replacement hose for the one that went on it back in 2012!  fuckin costly mind! £60 but at least I can bleed the heater system. I am looking at re doing the rear wheel bearings too, as I think one is well noisy, my dad thinks its the exhaust, but he is just a fuckin fanny, at the best of times!
I am keeping my eye out for better dampers too, as I am wanting to upgrade the front units. Also either I will change the 3 gauges or just wire the f*ckers in, but not sure on that one. Also I want to get the old bumpers painted and new lights on too.  So that I can put the car to bed, I mite just say f*ck it and put the car in for a full blown body restore.
As this shell is worth it, like my old rio.
Thanks given by:
Also a small mention, that one of the lads got into the top 26 for restoration, He restored his late wife's metro.
Download the restoration if you like. I hope he does win.

http://www.restoreroftheyear.co.uk/vote.php
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield... 399road 145 69,651 09-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,915 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,146 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13