A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END
I have been running this for the past couple of days, and I think the Brown senor has packed up again! So looks like I may have to revert this back to standard Coolant, as I will have to drain the system again!
But it will have all wait now until, I am fully sorted budget wise.
Thanks given by:
Been busy today, wiring in my 3 gauges, As they are in for show at the moment, I have the wiring in for them already, as I added that when it was in the gta,

[Image: 2015-08-29%2016.36.48_zpsexbl1vku.jpg]
made a start re adding the wire into the main sensor and what a f*ck on, that turned out to be!

As the full connector came off the main car loom! So I had to add two new pins in, Getting the old ones out was a bastard and a half!
Then to top that off, the aftermarket gauge keeps earthing when you had it to the sender unit. The Main dash one is fine, The system did work before with the old gauges so I am suspecting there is a fault with my wiring somewhere.

[/url]
[url=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/pugboy360/media/metros/2015-08-29%2017.55.51_zps5ud2ckac.jpg.html][Image: 2015-08-29%2017.55.51_zps5ud2ckac.jpg]

while I was at it, made sure my leather gater was attached to my gear nob, As this was on of the bug bears of this project.
[Image: 2015-08-29%2016.44.11_zpsadnwkh36.jpg]

[Image: 2015-08-29%2016.47.52_zps6siocy6r.jpg]
got to sort out that bastard gauge fault, and sort out the brown senor, as it has now bit the dust and the car is running erratic and idling fast.
I may drop the oil back out of it, for the oil pressure sender installation, and give it another oil change.
also I will have to drop the coolant to do the brown sensor, as most of the coolant just pisses out, so you loose most of it. I am looking at mixing de ironized water with the pink stuff this time. The evans waters coolant, I cannot really see what difference it made, and no can my mate who ran it with his Seat.
Thanks given by:
well lads, now that I have got the funds up and running, I can push on again, got a few things to do with the car, mainly to try and get it run properly again, so the brown sensor has been ordered off, ( a proper rover one, yes a proper rover one!) hopefully this should get the car to behave itself again. I read up that the aftermarket ones don't last as long, so looks like the one I bought may have died before it should do. I have a little change on its away and looking into something else aswell, ( but that may not happen)
With me changing jobs, I will be able to alternate between the two more too, as the budget is bigger and the job is better.
Thanks given by:
I've got the exact same gauges I think. I've yet to wire them in though.
Glad you've got some cash for this sorted. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 02:02 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I've got the exact same gauges I think. I've yet to wire them in though.
Glad you've got some cash for this sorted. Smile
I cannot remember what make these, it is nice to have a more budget to play with, as I want things done to this car, the bumpers need replacing, I do have my gta ones to paint up and put on, which will make the car look more nicer,
I did look at a GTI bumper, on ebay but it was f*cked, and I am not paying 60 quid for a f*cked bumper for the sake of a splitter. Rare part or not.

Anyway, I have gone for a bit of a change, something that really has bugged the life out of me a little, since the build. it has been the wheels, with this been a 1.1s model I have never really took a like to the gta wheels,
so a few weeks ago, I came a cross some new 1.1s wheel trims, ( the car had a set on before, but they were f*cked)

[Image: 2015-10-09%2008.55.34_zpsy0qx8ppx.jpg][/url]

[url=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/pugboy360/media/metros/2015-10-09%2008.55.41_zpsbjqsftq2.jpg.html][Image: 2015-10-09%2008.55.41_zpsbjqsftq2.jpg]

so off came the GTA wheels trims, these are hard to get hold of now, so these are been moth balled.

[Image: 2015-10-09%2008.56.23_zpsmpsmmckl.jpg]

[Image: 2015-10-09%2008.57.12_zpshyciazyz.jpg]wheel nuts swopped over to standard ones, and the centre caps fitted
[Image: 2015-10-09%2009.39.23_zpsq6rzvelt.jpg]
then the replacement wheel trim
[Image: 2015-10-09%2009.40.30_zps53is9fwn.jpg]
looks more 1.1s like now!
[Image: 2015-10-09%2009.59.06_zpsygnqfx1z.jpg]

also I fixed the running problem too,
the sensor had bit the dust alright,
the end had rotted away, so there wasn't any electrical contact,
[Image: 2015-10-09%2015.57.24_zpskgpg7igc.jpg]
replaced it with a proper OEM one this time, also this one seems to fit better too!
[Image: 2015-10-09%2015.57.31_zpsw8abyyxq.jpg]
topped  the coolant up and went for a burn, then some fuel, But looks like I will have to add a some oil stem stuff to the oil again, as this is smoking like f*ck! but then again it hasn't ran for nearly a 2 months!
At the petrol station, a fella said to me, " I haven't seen one of those in years!!" the lass who served me said, "Christ A H plate metro! that's doing very well for its age!!" mad really if you ask me, as 10 years ago these cars were not given a lickings of a dog etc,  
Also surprised a SEAT Leon, had a drag race going up the hill, we were side by side, He was laughing, I backed off as there was arounderabout, he put the power on and way, but I think he was hoping I was going chase him, but left it be.
Then an audi TT decided to chase me, that fella followed me, his face was a bit of a picture, as I kept maintaining the gap.
Thanks given by:
I think the bit at the end is the main reason why I'd really love a sleeper car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks good! I don't understand why you need 2 hub caps though? Shouldn't it be either/or, am I missing something lol?
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 08:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks good!  I don't understand why you need 2 hub caps though?  Shouldn't it be either/or, am I missing something lol?

i just put them on to make use of them tom, plus if I remove the trims it will add more sleeper spec too,
Thanks given by:
well looks like this may need an engine rebuild sadly, the past few days the oil stem seal problem has got worse, while out, the car would smoke a little if that, but now it is well frequent sadly. We are losing power, due to the oil pressure starting to drop, I asked my mot tester if he could have a quick look, and he said give it a rev, and he said, I think you going to need to revert back to the thinker oil you ran, last year and with the stem treatment, the oil I am running now is 10w 40 mag, what I run in the HDI. The tester said these engines are getting on now, so parts are starting to wear a little. I recon that this engine has done more than 51k on the clock, than I was told. I think we could be talking lot more than 100k plus if the oil stem seals are failing, or its had very, very hard time before it came to me, as this engine, was in two maybe 3 different metros before mine. I know its been cared for at some point in its life, as the head was ported and polished. It might be even down to lack of use on my part, so it could just need a good oil treatment and f*ck off run, as it only came out to play two days a week, But with me now using my HDI for work, I can switch between the two now, I was hoping to give this a run for two weeks, but with the oil problem I don't think I will risk it at all, I may decide to give it another service again and put some of the treatments in it and see how we go.
Thanks given by:
valve stem seals? I had a prob with that on an old mk1 astra I owned briefly. turned out to be a bad batch of rubbers fitted to the recon engine i'd bought. :/
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 08:45 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: valve stem seals? I had a prob with that on an old mk1 astra I owned briefly. turned out to be a bad batch of rubbers fitted to the recon engine i'd bought. :/

me and my dad had a chat about this and watched a video on youtube about the k series head and timing, as we thought we may not need to remove the head to change the seals, Sadly there isn't the info about, shite loads of info on headgasket, as people just whip the head off and send it away to be sorted. We have thought about just rebuilding the engine. If the plan A doesn't work, it will be next year if I decide to rebuild the engine, due to the change in weather. Plus I can get more budget up and research more, as I might look into putting in an uprated cam into it. But not sure yet.
Thanks given by:
The only way valve stem oil seals will cause oil pressure to change is if a piece breaks off and clogs up a main oil galley, you may have worse issues that that going on.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 11:01 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: The only way valve stem oil seals will cause oil pressure to change is if a piece breaks off and clogs up a main oil galley, you may have worse issues that that going on.

I think with it starting to loose oil pressure for me is more likely that most of the oil in the engine has gone out the exhaust. At the moment its tapping like a ford fiesta when you start it up, i bet if i was to drop the oil out of it now, there will be less then 2 litres in it.
Thanks given by:
Procta I'd love to read these posts but you put so many bloody commas in your posts!
Thanks given by:
Rip head off, replaces seals and gaskets and bang it back on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 01:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: Rip head off, replaces seals and gaskets and bang it back on

That will be next year, piggy with the nights starting to cut in.
Thanks given by:
Winter is when i do my big build bits. Cant do anything else !
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 05:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: Winter is when i do my big build bits. Cant do anything else !

sadly we don't have a garage, and we love on close to the sea, so we do get the cold more, than further in land sadly.
Its been on the back of my mind and my dads about rebuilding this lump, we even talked about getting another one to build up but again, its the faff on of buying another lump again, expense of getting the head checked and skimmed, ported and polished, where this head has already had that done.
Thanks given by:
I've got a piper spec exhaust cam in mine with the offset dowels to "correct the timing" and I cant say i've seen any gains with it. Got a lumpy idle engine but whether the cam is to blame debatable
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 11:30 AM)lolsteve Wrote: I've got a piper spec exhaust cam in mine with the offset dowels to "correct the timing" and I cant say i've seen any gains with it. Got a lumpy idle engine but whether the cam is to blame debatable

thats the thing steve with the k series engine, you can spend a few k on it and you be lucky if you gain anything noticeable, For the lumpy idle mine is like that too, it could be down to the vvc system, my tuner said that those engines done idle smooth anyway, like the non vvc units. 
I may just leave the engine as it is tbh, and recon it, But i will see what happens with the think oil and treatments, as it could just need a good run.
Thanks given by:
No whizz-bang-bollocks oil treatment will solve multiple litres of oil disappearing!

Before you start wasting money on trying things, just start to rip it apart slowly and find out what's gone wrong.

Valve stem seals tend to not leak seriously unless they were bad to begin with...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Couple bottles of redex stop leak.. in fact drain the oil and fill it will just the stop leak that'll stop it leaking..maybe

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 08:19 PM)Ruan Wrote: No whizz-bang-bollocks oil treatment will solve multiple litres of oil disappearing!

Before you start wasting money on trying things, just start to rip it apart slowly and find out what's gone wrong.

Valve stem seals tend to not leak seriously unless they were bad to begin with...

That's true ruan, before i do that though, i am going to change the oil in case the stuff i put in it has made the oil very watery, Its been in a few months, plus it been laid up too, i will change the oil and shove some decide stuff through it, and get some miles on it, when i started to run the car before i changed jobs, it was starting to ease a bit and practically stopped smoking on start up too.
Before i pull it to bits, i will have to do some research on what head gasket to get for it, as there are a few ones kicking about for this engine, that's from lotus them selves. I will have to buy the proper tooling too, for the head. 
We have only did 9k since i got the running gear, Remember we started off in 2010.
Thanks given by:
I'm trying out the payen BW750. It's the original style for the engine, it's not fussy about liners, it's cheap but payen branded and it's blue

I've had good experience with ebay mls ones but it just seems more dependent on the prep work as a friend used a victor reinz mls but did a shoddy job and the engine got hgf quite quick. On a ebay special but took his time and it's holding well.

Thanks given by: procta
(20-10-2015, 09:55 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I'm trying out the payen BW750. It's the original style for the engine, it's not fussy about liners, it's cheap but payen branded and it's blue

I've had good experience with ebay mls ones but it just seems more dependent on the prep work as a friend used a victor reinz mls but did a shoddy job and the engine got hgf quite quick. On a ebay special but took his time and it's holding well.

I looked at the payne blue head gaskets as that kit is for sale on the elise parts website. I am not skimping on headgaskets at all, bad enough pulling it part, and then doing it all again! I have already done that once, before I shelled the car, and it wasn't very nice!
Thanks given by:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Payen-BW750-Gask...B00F6O8ZDE

It's only £24 on amazon so not even worth getting a ebay special

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 09:06 PM)lolsteve Wrote: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Payen-BW750-Gask...B00F6O8ZDE

It's only £24 on amazon so not even worth getting a ebay special

from looking at the review its only part of it sadly,  Id be wanting the full smash, as I am not risking anything at all.
Also I don't know what we may find either, when the head is off.
Thanks given by:
well i bought some thinker oil and gave it a service, but before all that, I have been working late nights and night shift the week before, so never had a chance to do anything with this, bar order the parts, Anyway I gets me keys and goes to the car, and looks and thinks that's odd the door is un locked? As I remembered locking this, any popped the bonnet, and shut the door ready to walk around to open the bonnet, and I see my driver side door had been bent open! The f*cking faggot or faggots had prised my door open and popped the lock as it was the 90s! So it had either been an tempt to rob the car or even worse steal it! Lucky for me the car doesn't have a radio in it, which I suspected may have been the reason for them to get in, as there wasn't anything broken, or missing. Or they have bailed out when they twigged that they were on camera. ( I am in the process of looking for the time and date) All I know is that the little car wasn't blagged last night, So it could have been any of the days, As I have been bed to work practically all week, and my parents haven't really gone out side, As they have been working on the house, The car has been at an angle for me not to notice anything either. At least my dislok and battery cut off saved the car anyway!
But from what we gather, with my dad been on holiday and no Gentoo wagon, they though that they could have a go at it!
Anyway, my dad came out and bent the door back into place, while I dropped the oil out of it and changed the filters, I topped the coolant up and took the car for a run, came back as I was still getting noise in, and we tweaked the door again. Now I recon that someone has had a go at this car before I got it, As it does explain why the door makes a noise like it doesn't close properly, There is no damage done to the paint work, if there is its very little, but from what marks are on the door, it does look like some one had been at it before.
The door is back in line as best it can be, window is fine, but I will have to check the door locking system to see if that's ok, as I think that might have either been fiddled with, not sure on that one.
The car is back to its old self now and not even smoking and its pulling like a train if not a bit more alive!
So we think that the engine may have done more miles and needed a thinker oil, I didn't put any treatment in it.
So maybe the stuff I used did the trick but took the life out of the oil.
No photos of damage, as I wasn't going fanny about taking photos, I just wanted to get the car sorted.
Going to let the metro boys know, as this will be the second metro that has been got at!
One was stolen and recovered, thank god!
Thanks given by:
Gits!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bastards. Glad the motors still here
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield... 399road 145 70,555 09-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,940 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,747 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13