what temperature?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what temperature?
what temperature is the cold side of my turbo where the pipe from the airbox goes on lightly to be?
im just wondering what material i could use to make some pipe work up so i can run my airfilter to down near the bumper for better airflow.....
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Mate just use some silicone piping for it Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Im planning on using some silicone piping for mine Smile so will be fine

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Not a good idea to put the air filter any lower, best to put it in behind the headlight, it will suckup water and the slightest look at a puddle. iv destroyed one engine, strange it dident snap the rod, only put the crank in two bits
Thanks given by:
what diameter? and has anyone got any experience of using plastic tubing? the company i used to work with used it on the inlet on the k series but obs there not turbo dont know if it is lightly to melt, im thinking it will just wondering tbh
Thanks given by:
Hang on, are you putting it so it goes directly into the turbo?

You would want it to have a gap, then filter.

=====/ )==== like that

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
so not a pipe ruuning straight onto the turbo with a cone filter on the end of that?
Thanks given by:
they way im doing it is to have some piping running from fog light to a gap just about the air filter for the turbo

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
That would work fine Joe, but it would work better if it had a good supply of cold air, maybe from behind the headlight as dec suggests. Plastic tubing probably wouldn't be suitable as the turbo is tucked down the back of the engine in an area being pumped with heat from the engine block and exhaust manifold. Silicone doesn't cost that much these days tbf.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What ever you make this from make sure that it is stiff enough that it won't collapse and restrict the air flow once its under vacuum from the turbo spooling up and drawing air in!

Easier option would be to put an air duct in from somewhere to feed the intake and leave the filter where it is Wink although all this puddle scaremongering is bollocks clearly as my car hasn't decided to have a drink yet and I live in the lake district which is hardly short of rain and puddles lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by: