WANTED: Silicone hose bends!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: Silicone hose bends!!
Right, I'm looking for a 60mm ID 90degree bend with 200mm legs, and need it asap!

If anyone knows where I can find one (if they even make that size) I would be extremely appreciative and will give virtual rep lol.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
How'd this end up down here where it won't get seen? :roll: Sad

Need this bend tomorow ideally....really don't know what to do otherwise. :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:How'd this end up down here where it won't get seen? :roll: Sad

Because its where wanted threads go... Just get on ebay, Youre just as capable as any of us to look on there
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If he buys off ebay theres no chance it'd be here ASAP lol :think:
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:How'd this end up down here where it won't get seen? :roll: Sad

Because its where wanted threads go... Just get on ebay, Youre just as capable as any of us to look on there

Don't you think I've tried already? :roll: they don't sell that size on ebay....they're all made by ASH hoses pretty much so are all only 150mm.
Thanks given by:
I have a stainless bend matching your description...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't join a stainless bend to two other solid metal ones though, so its gotta be silicone, thanks anyway though.
Thanks given by:
f*ck! I've just realised how I can get round this problem of short silicone bends.....buy an ally or stainless one with 150mm legs and use silicone joiners between them.....why the hell didn't I think of that days ago.....I'm such a f*cking cock. Doh
Thanks given by:
So, I've just recieved an E-mail from the place I bought the supposedly 200mm legged one from a few days ago....

Quote:Dear Mr Toms306

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that we have refunded you in full this morning via Paypal.

We are currently looking into this oversight. At the moment it looks as though

supplier product codes have remained the same and stock dimensions have changed and

we shall be investigating this further.

In order for you to repair your car please feel free to purchase your item elsewhere.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Stuart

HIRESPARES.COM

----- Original Message -----

To: <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedales@hirespares.com">sales@hirespares.com</a><!-- e -->

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:12 PM

Subject: Silicone hose bend

Hello,

I ordered a 60mm silicone bend with 200mm legs from your site spefically for the leg length as the 150mm ones from ASH on eBay aren't long enough (but are much cheaper!). And unfortunately have been sent one that is identical to the cheaper ebay ones so is NOT long enough for the purpose. My car is currently undrivable without this hose meaning I cannot go to work or college until it is fixed - I was hoping to fix it tonight.

Is this a genuine error with an incorrect part or do you only sell the 150mm leg ones? I would like a swap with the longer legged one if you sell these, or just a refund for this one if you don't.

I need to know whats happening about this as soon as possible please as I need the car,

Thanks,
Toms306

Not sure if I'm supposed to send it back though? Theres no mention of that?? :?
Thanks given by:
i've got 90* silicone pal... without 200mm legs :|
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:i've got 90* silicone pal... without 200mm legs :|

I've now got two spares with 150mm legs already! :roll:
Thanks given by:
You wanty stainless bendy?
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20120129_151347.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah it's alright mate, I've ordered some different pipes now for a slightly different setup. ninja So this thread can be closed or whatever now.

Also, you know that pipe isn't really ideal for boost hoses? It needs a bead around the ends to stop the pipes falling off really. Smile
Thanks given by:
isnt this the main cause of all his car related troubles tho? haha
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Worth noting it's not a 90 degree bend either, more like 75 degree
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i got it from a universal fmic kit so how can it not be suitable for fmic pipes haha
Yeah it might need a bead around it. So why cant you do that?
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:i got it from a universal fmic kit so how can it not be suitable for fmic pipes haha

Just saying at the moment it's not suitable Tongue as they pop off all the time. As you know Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:i got it from a universal fmic kit so how can it not be suitable for fmic pipes haha

Just saying at the moment it's not suitable Tongue as they pop off all the time. As you know Tongue
Not entirely suitable for a derv pushing 30+ psi
for lower psi it will be fine :-)
Thanks given by:
Fair enough I know nothing haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It won't.....even at just 25psi non beaded ones don't hold. Also I don't have a beading machine lol.....but its ok cos I've sorted it now anyway. Smile
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:It won't.....even at just 25psi non beaded ones don't hold. Also I don't have a beading machine lol.....but its ok cos I've sorted it now anyway. Smile
Really? Have you tried.. because right now on my car which is at 1.9-2 bar i have non beaded ss pipes.
And no i dont have mikalor clamps either
Thanks given by:
I run 24 psi, had mikalor clamps, and the same two pipes popped off all the time on a spirited drive. Got fed up in the end and welded some beading on and it hasn't done it since
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:It won't.....even at just 25psi non beaded ones don't hold. Also I don't have a beading machine lol.....but its ok cos I've sorted it now anyway. Smile
Really? Have you tried.. because right now on my car which is at 1.9-2 bar i have non beaded ss pipes.

My mate has an fmicd bora running 25psi....his non beaded pipes keep popping off....hence why I posted above and why I made sure mine are beaded lol!
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:

I have no idea how you manage that lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well in that case i dont know why mine are still on, 1.9 bar is what 30psi? And theyre holding ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.5" Silicone silverzx 4 1,095 09-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Wanted | Phase 2 / 3 Rad Top Hose zx_volcane 12 2,139 09-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Wanted: 2.25 aluminium U bends Daniel306 0 772 23-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Daniel306