The Hdi turd budget/fun car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hdi turd budget/fun car
Hello all im very new to 306 scene came from vw to pug don't ask Dodgy still gutted...

Anyways here is my £450 turd... got it on 153k miles no clue on history was a gamble with it but to be fair i have warmed to it!

I will try to post as often as i can but its a slow project tbh
Thanks given by:
Looks ok...cant say much from what I see mind!

VW to Pug...sounds like you found some sense Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum pal, and welcome to Team "Slow moving project"! lol Can't really go wrong for £450, doesnt look like too bad a base to start with, what are your plans?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just posting a big update should have said i got the car 3months ago and done a fair bit to it already pics on there way once it uploads!
Thanks given by:
Aha, good stuff! Look forward to seeing your progress then! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yea plans are to stage 3 fmic etc.. and see what happens really Tongue

This is the work ive done so far changed the rear shocks as they were shot will try and get a picture of them never seen any soo bad lol also bought a straight through hoffman with sport tex backbox sounds nice not too loud too Big Grin should have said that i got the car around 3 months ago just haven't got round to doing this so the new exhaust and shocks have been on for 1 month its now on 157k miles spoken to the old owner, he said its stage 1, never had clutch change! :o nor turbo lol but they aren't bad.

Just got back from cornwall/bude Tongue did 850miles in total on a fooked driveshaft lmao booked in to get fixed on wednesday Big Grin also last saturday me and friend sprayed the front black looks nice also picking up some 205 speedlines next month in grey, suit it well Tongue

Here is some pics

Also the previous owner changed the passengers front wing but it doesnt line up at all my local garage said its the wrong one lol anyone got a moonstone ph3 front wing??
Thanks given by:
The black...looks...different?! Undecided

Be curious about the speedlines...dont think Ive seen a ph3 on them

Be interesting to see how you get on with stg3 hdi too...not many get that far!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
tried the alloys on looks good tbh the black does look different but over time it will faded and look nicer its gone more grey now i will get a better pic soon need to get it lower tho!
Thanks given by:
All moonstones are ph3, I can't see how the wing could possibly be wrong? It just needs a bit of adjustment, maybe the bonnet as well. Though your cheap angel eyes don't fit very well so that's not helping tbh. lol

Also, I know your pain coming from VW back to 306s! Sad
Thanks given by:
Will have to let us know how you get on with the monroe shocks, i kind of dismissed them as cheap ebay crap when i was looking for replacements. What's your plans for tuning? I know you said stage 3, just wondering how you plan to get there?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hello all sorry been awhile with an update but haven't done a lot had new wishbones and wheel bearings along with cv joint everything was a bastard to get off with basic tools but got there in the end!.. hopefully picking up my 205 speedlines next week sometime will post up to date picture Smile

Shiny bits [attachment=18243]

Old shocks were fudged and the monroe arent that bad for cheap ebay ones Wink will do for now! [attachment=18244]

Cv boots where knacked too replaced them along with new grease [attachment=18245]

This was a bastard to get off! took a lot of shouting, swearing and lots of hitting with a hammer but it worked Big Grin [attachment=18246]
Thanks given by:
Always the track rod ends that are a ***** to undo! The amount of rods ive used the grinder on it priceless Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Got my new wheels gave it a good clean/polish need to get it lower tho!
[attachment=18260]
[attachment=18261]

found some interesting stuff under the back seats bit gross tbh! been a family car at some point lots of happy meal toys lol
[attachment=18262]

Also added some stickers to the rear but not so sure on them
[attachment=18263]
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna be brutally honest, it's like a backwards progress thread. It gets worse each time. It looked better in the first pics.

Please don't hate me!
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2014, 01:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I'm gonna be brutally honest, it's like a backwards progress thread. It gets worse each time. It looked better in the first pics.

Please don't hate me!

okey? well its my project my car and yes there is work to be done, i don't like the lights i am changing them once i get more money. rather u keep ur thoughts to yourself if u have nothing better to say..
Thanks given by:
So you want compliments or nothing at all?

Sorry.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2014, 02:16 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: So you want compliments or nothing at all?

Sorry.

Just saying if u have nothing better to do but say its backwards or whatever without explaining why.. then why comment?
Thanks given by:
Yeah Jordan, you wanker lmao

I have bought and sold a fair few cars and have never seen anything like that back seat Puke
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,609 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Rajs budget ph1 XRDT project rtha6551 15 4,857 14-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: rtha6551
  Matts daily budget stage 1+ HDi LX. Matt-Rallye 51 16,934 08-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Toms306