306gti/206gti engines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306gti/206gti engines
Would anyone beable to tll me if the 206 180 engine has anything in common with the gti or mi6 engines?
Thanks given by:
Other than the engine capacity, I don't think they have much in common tbh! Although the 206 GTi 134 is basically just a 306 XSi engine
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The Gti180 engine is an EW rather than the 306 XU

I don't think the two engines have anything in common

Even down to the management systems as by the time of the 206 Peugeot had opted to use Siemens systems which are almost impossible to remap so I'm lead to believe
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
They have LOTS in common with the later XU 16v engines, I'm guessing you also posted on the 205 forum? there's a TON of info on there about these.

Cam ladders are the same casting, smaller tappets other than 180 engine, same cam blanks, same bore centres, cranks interchange, probably a lot more but I can't be arsed to regurgitate what's posted in very good detail on the 205 forum by Sandy Brown lol

the 306 did not get an EW engine, nor did the 206 ever get an XU, so the xsi engines share nothing directly but the badge and similar power output.
Thanks given by:
Huh, always assumed they were the same engine given the power output, can't see why pug would go to the hassle of redesigning an entire new engine and it no more powerful/better than an older design.
Thanks given by:
its lighter, produces more torque, use less fuel, less emissions, lasts longer.

yeah, why did they bother?
Thanks given by:
Because they are all marginal benefits? Seems like an awful lot of hassle..
Thanks given by:
they didn't do it for the power....
Thanks given by:
Emissions are a massive issue for OEM's and is probably the main reason for new engines these days.

That's one of the big reasons why everything is going turbo - acheiving acceptable power outputs whilst meeting ever tightening emissions requirements.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Just had a quick read on the 205 forum... Interesting stuff
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 10:33 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Emissions are a massive issue for OEM's and is probably the main reason for new engines these days.

That's one of the big reasons why everything is going turbo - acheiving acceptable power outputs whilst meeting ever tightening emissions requirements.

& better fuel economy due to increased volumetric efficiency, and as we all know fuel economy is a major selling point these days as well as environmental friendliness.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Differences between xsara vts & gti6 engines? Matt-Rallye 11 5,283 01-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  XU engines doski 12 2,582 06-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Niall