do i or dont i

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i or dont i
My 306 is the 1.9 DW8 NAD. It keeps up just fine with traffic and my foot rarely goes anywhere near full throttle. It is not a problem joining motorways, and it's certainly not dangerous! On a very long economy run (driving with the sole aim of getting mpg) we got something very high like 65mpg fully loaded. I'd expect 50mpg from my normal driving which is pretty careful anyway.

Tax is a bitch though I give you that.
Thanks given by:
You only average 50mpg? HDi's do that with ease!

Perception of 'slow' is a personal thing though.....personally I find standard HDi's too slow for a quick, safe overtake. And owned a 106 NAD which was just dangerous tbh. Had many more near misses in that than my 180bhp Golf...
Thanks given by:
I haven't properly measured the fuel economy on normal driving, but I'd be happy with 50mpg+.

Sure it's not a fast car, but it keeps up with traffic easily! I just thought the comments here were a little over the top, possibly in jest :-) But to say my model of 306 is dangerous is a tad ridiculous!
Thanks given by:
They are incredibly slow, what other cars have you driven for a length of time/owned ?
Thanks given by:
It depends what roads you drive I guess. A national speed limit B road overtake in something as slow as a NAD IS dangerous unless you've got a clear mile lol. I have to do these several times a day past cyclists, farm traffic and old people and it's bad enough in the HDi tbh, in the 106 it was basically a game of Russian roulette. Sure you can stay behind them but that doubles the journey time and you'll get a sore neck from the evils burning into it from behind.

If you do all your driving round town it probably isn't noticeable, or if you're one of the people taking the B road at 30mph. lol And as for joining motorways, it might not annoy you that it takes nearly 20 seconds to reach 60, but it does everyone behind you lol! A massive pet hate of mine is people that aren't at the same speed of the traffic on the busy 70mph road they're joining (not saying this is you, as long as you're ragging the hell out of the NAD you'll just about get there)....not only is it dangerous for them and the traffic they're joining, it's dangerous for everyone behind them as well. I followed an old couple joining the A14 (70mph dual carriageway) at 40mph last week. They deserve a good tailgating, beeping, flashing and anything they get as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks given by:
ALWAYS join the motorway at the same speed as the flow, never been a problem in the 306 as far as I can remember. I tend to drive on motorways at about 65. I honestly don't think I've ever needed to have the 306 flat out except for when I was testing the clutch!

I don't have the need to overtake much, so not a problem. Unless it's a tractor or cyclist of course. I'd rather wait for a safe spot to overtake. Seen too many near misses and in fact deaths to take a chance.

Point is, if it keeps up with traffic (which it does easily on all roads) it's fast enough. I don't find I'm holding up other normal motorists. I'm no boy racer, and I don't really care for driving fast. I just go with the flow.

Other cars are currently an MG TF and a Berlingo 1.6HDi. My first car was a Triumph 1500TC, about the same power as the 306! That kept up with traffic too :-) If I want to give it the beans, I'll take the MG. If I want to get somewhere cheap I'll take the 306.
Thanks given by:
Regardless of how slow/fast perfect/dangerous the 1.9NAD is. Cully still has a cracking hdi estate which will otherwise go to waste.

Keep the estate and enjoy the extra room, better colour, condition and power.
Thanks given by:
Why not spend 250 putting the estate right? That way you still have good mpg, and decent power, as for NAD...I've seen a mopped pull of quicker..had one, hated it and will never go back!!
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 06:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: Cully still has a cracking hdi estate which will otherwise go to waste.

if i could find a late 3 or 5 door hdi hatch id probably buy that and scrap the estate for parts as the estate needs money spending on it

i do have another option but i recon id get burned at the stake for that
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 07:27 PM)cully Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 06:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: Cully still has a cracking hdi estate which will otherwise go to waste.

if i could find a late 3 or 5 door hdi hatch id probably buy that and scrap the estate for parts as the estate needs money spending on it

Don't suggest it. Just no! :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 07:27 PM)cully Wrote:

Mine has more to do! Id happily have yours!
Thanks given by:
Whats the other option Paul? Cant be worse than a NAD tbf. lol
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 07:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Whats the other option Paul? Cant be worse than a NAD tbf. lol

I'm guessing HDi engine in the '6.
Thanks given by:
Oh, I was guessing buy something non-306 lol.
Thanks given by: